What would happen if all melee got a 20% dmg nerf in 2v2 ONLY?

Would we see double caster teams and a wider variety of caster comps in general? Discuss (:

You'd see nothing but casters?

Healer/DPS would go to even deeper dampening than it already does.

2v2 will become even more shit than it already is.

Even less than current people will care about 2v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You'd see nothing but casters?
    Well considering the only two dps comps I ever seem to see are melee/melee or rogue/caster I'd welcome this change for a bit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Ranged would be even more bullshit?
    When is the last time you've seen a double elemental shaman comp in 2s. Or a double shadow priest comp? Compare that to how many times you run into double DK or double DH or double Ret LOL
    Last edited by Locks4fun; 2017-02-01 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locks4fun View Post
    Well considering the only two dps comps I ever seem to see are melee/melee or rogue/caster I'd welcome this change for a bit lol

When is the last time you've seen a double elemental shaman comp in 2s. Or a double shadow priest comp? Compare that to how many times you run into double DK or double DH or double Ret LOL
    A falt 20% nerf is probably not the right way to go though.

Deleted
    who cares about 2s, they will be shit most of the time. and thats okay. 3s is where it's at.

20% nerf would be horrible. Why would you want to have een longer games ?!?!?
    plus: I almost never lose vs double melee (playing disc + x). If they get nerfed....xD

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP would go back to mostly Casters and become yawnworthy again as Pillar Humping becomes the go to strategy from 0:05 into the match.

How much would melee have to be nerfed to switch the meta from melee heavy to more even in 2s?

Ull see bunch of girls playing casters wearing dresses cuz real men play melee lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    20%?

You'd see the death of a bracket that's already shit. Blanket nerfs/buffs are always terrible ideas.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-02-01 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2s are only good for winning 10 a week for the cache. That's it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

you'd kill melee in 2v2? you don't exactly have to be a good pvper to figure this out

not to mention that this 20% nerf to ALL melee indiscriminately would be prehaps the most spectacular display of incompetence we've ever had the misfortune of witnessing because it nerfs the best melee by 20% and the weaker melee by 20%, essentially leaving the weaker melees not just dead but 5ft below the ground...

i know this is not a popular opinion but the problem in 2v2 is not melee, it's healers, they're just not balanced for 2v2, melee just happen to play better with them

mobility in this game is designed in a way that you can only kite someone for X period of time, if a fight is short, melee dies before getting the opportunity to do some real damage (aka get in range), if the fight gets prolonged caster gets left with all mobility skills on CD at the mercy of the melee, that's what happens in 2v2 and you see melee+healer being the prefered comp
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2017-02-01 at 07:41 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We would drown in tears and salt.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Would probably prefer all ranged getting a 20 % buff instead.

I would rather see resto druids be eliminated from 2v2