Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Pelosi caught on hot mic telling fellow Rep: 'Tell them you're a Muslim'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...re-muslim.html

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., was heard on a hot mic instructing a fellow representative to tell the crowd he is a Muslim.

Pelosi, who was attending a protest of President Trump’s temporary immigration ban outside the Supreme Court, introduced Rep. Andre Carson, D-Ind. She introduced him as a “Muslim member of Congress.”

He addressed the crowd, and Pelosi quietly told him, “Tell them you’re a Muslim. Tell them you’re a Muslim.”

Carson referred to himself as a Congressman, a former police officer and a Muslim.
    So you have this man, Andre Carson, educated accomplished articulate and by most accounts a pretty decent public servant.

But does Pelosi recognize any of that?

Sadly, no.

She just reduces him to an identity and then trots him out on stage as if he were some sort of show pony.

Reducing the man down to a simple identity in order to sell it to people who have been programmed to respond to nothing but identity.

Pretty despicable, one might say ...deplorable?

And as a bonus heres some more footage from that same rally.

MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I don't get it. Why is this important?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

And this is why Trump, a sexual predator at his third wife, played the good Christian in the election. Because some people automatically react to that. Same with guns, gender, sexuality, religion, origin, ancestry...you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't get it. Why is this important?
    Because reducing people down to superficial details is the essence of all the bigotry and racism in the world?

It prefaces his entire statement with a creed that says "I'm <identity XYZ> you must now pay more attention to what I say or believe it more or accept it more or whatever because I'm <identity XYZ> and not because of what I actually said".

Its just wrong.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    And this is why Trump, a sexual predator at his third wife, played the good Christian in the election. Because some people automatically react to that.
    Yes.
    /10char
    MAGA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Because reducing people down to superficial details is the essence of all the bigotry and racism in the world?
    And i thought the essence of bigotry and racism are bigotry and racism.

As like calling all Mexicans rapers.

Of.course she recognizes that, it is why he is there to show for the millionth time that terrorists are the extreme exception and not the rule. I love how the trumpers want to bend things so all.sides suit them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Does this also expand to Trump?
    Yup just like that.
    MAGA

While I have plenty of issues with DNC leadership, including Pelosi (they're a shitshow of spectacular incompetence right now)...ok?

I mean, he's a Muslim, and given the current events his religion is highly relevant. Is this some strange attempt at a "gotcha"? It's not different than Republican's proudly proclaiming they're Christian, is that a bad thing somehow?

This is an issue intimately connected with identity and you think bringing up identity is nothing more than a political ploy?

Because identity shouldn't matter until identity matters, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Lol...
    The not so tolerant left. They don't even want to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    While I have plenty of issues with DNC leadership, including Pelosi (they're a shitshow of spectacular incompetence right now)...ok?

I mean, he's a Muslim, and given the current events his religion is highly relevant. Is this some strange attempt at a "gotcha"? It's not different than Republican's proudly proclaiming they're Christian, is that a bad thing somehow?
    Its the fact that shes standing there next to the guy and before he even gets 2 words out shes reducing him and anything he has to say down to an identity.

She obviously had a reason for putting him up there, and for getting him to say that, and we all know exactly what the reason is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This is an issue intimately connected with identity and you think bringing up identity is nothing more than a political ploy?

Because identity shouldn't matter until identity matters, I guess.
    Haha, I guess I'm just seeing it way different.

Old rich White person brings token Muslim man on stage and throws him an elbow saying "hey hey make sure you tell um' you're a Muslim".

Am I the only one seeing the manipulation here?

---

Narrow the focus folks - its not that hes a Muslim its that Pelsoi is trying to play puppet master with this man.

That's what I think is wrong here $0.02.
    MAGA

It prefaces his entire statement with a creed that says "I'm <identity XYZ> you must now pay more attention to what I say or believe it more or accept it more or whatever because I'm <identity XYZ> and not because of what I actually said".

Its just wrong.
    Your correlations are always so headache inducing. It's like you live in this constant bubble where you can without error drum up connections to things without any evidence. You took her telling him to say he's a Muslim and extrapolated that out into nonsense. I'm not surprised.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

It prefaces his entire statement with a creed that says "I'm you must now pay more attention to what I say or believe it more or accept it more or whatever because I'm and not because of what I actually said".

Its just wrong.

Wasn't this parts of trumps spiel? "I'm a business/smart/so on man. Listen to me, I'm right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Of.course she recognizes that, it is why he is there to show for the millionth time that terrorists are the extreme exception and not the rule. I love how the trumpers want to bend things so all.sides suit them.
    It's got nothing to do with "trumpers" actually. I despise trump, voted against him, desperately wanted Hillary to beat him in the election even though I dislike her because she was better than the alternative, yet I'm still quite disgusted with this. The most powerful representative of the party we're supposed to accept as the more decent and better alternative can't resist stooping to race baiting and stereotyping to get a cheap pop from a crowd.

It's out of touch crap like this that cost the Democrats the election and got everyone stuck with the orange tyrant.

Its the fact that shes standing there next to the guy and before he even gets 2 words out shes reducing him and anything he has to say down to an identity.

She obviously had a reason for putting him up there, and for getting him to say that, and we all know exactly what the reason is.
    She's doing what publicists usually do, reminding him of key talking points (his identity as a Muslim). This is literally bog-standard shit that happens on a daily basis in politics, and in much of the business world. They don't do it as poorly as Pelosi does (I'm really not a fan of her), but it's not unique or different.

Yes, her reason is that because he's a Muslim. And given this administrations comments on Muslims and the concerns from liberals, that provides all the context as to why.

But sure, this is some shadowy conspiracy or somehow proof of how racist Democrats are or something. Whatever works for the world you live in, dude.

15+ Year Old Account
    This just demonstrates you don't know what a 'hot mic' is?

She's not reducing the man at all, but his religion happens to be a pretty potent political point right now, and the crux of the speech.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Haha, I guess I'm just seeing it way different.

Old rich White person brings token Muslim man on stage and throws him an elbow saying "hey hey make sure you tell um' you're a Muslim".

Am I the only one seeing the manipulation here?
    There's no more manipulation involved than a friend at the movie theater going 'hey hey, buy 3 tickets' as if their friend couldn't actually count. Because any politician with a brain would realize that being a Muslim is both relevant and effective. Pelosi was stating the obvious course of action: a pretty low standard for a puppet master.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Wasn't this parts of trumps spiel? "I'm a business/smart/so on man. Listen to me, I'm right?"
    Muslim does not equal businessman.

One is a religion, the other a qualification. Now, the fact of the matter is he's a shit businessman and it's not a very good qualification at all in context, but it's an exercise in false equivalence to compare the two in that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    people who have been programmed to respond to nothing but identity
    So.... the 'alt-right' pretty much?