Balance drood rotation

Hello guys, i`ve read lots of different guids and i don`t know what to do. It would be great if someone can tell me what`s wrong with me, because i`m sure i can do much more DPS with my gear.
    Here are my logs (Oh i can`t post links. If it`s ok it would be great if you can copy paste my nickname "Фелингрейс")

Well your few main things to remember is 1) keep 100% or near uptime on DoTs 2) keep the charges rolling on your artifact spell 3)tailor your build to what you are facing 4) try not to lunar strike unless it is empowered. Those are the main tips without looking at logs (sorry at work).

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FELINGLANce View Post
    Hello guys, i`ve read lots of different guids and i don`t know what to do. It would be great if someone can tell me what`s wrong with me, because i`m sure i can do much more DPS with my gear.
    Here are my logs (Oh i can`t post links. If it`s ok it would be great if you can copy paste my nickname "Фелингрейс")

There's quite a few small things if you are looking for pure padding stats.

I did a comparison between you and Санаса on SkorpyronM
    You had very similar damage numbers per cast, but it's the total casts that make a huge difference:

You have the same number of SunFire casts, but he has almost 20m more damage through their ticks than you. This is probably due to a few things: Adds not being in starfall early enough to gain the empowerment, and applying Sunfire quicker to the adds, to allow for more ticks.

He has a LOT more damage from Lunar Strike, 22m to be exact. Working to spreading sunfire and starfall quicker to give you more time on Lunar Strikes will allow you to pad more. Casting a Unempowered Lunar Strike on a clump of mobs is still more damage than casting an empower Solar Wrath when you want to pad.
    He had quite a bit more Starsurge damage. Whilst Skorpyron IS a fight with lots of AOE, getting him down to stun him is vital, so starfalling when the adds will maybe get a single tick might not be the best option, if you can save the AP and throw two starsurges at Skorpyron when he's stunned and taking double damage.

Outside of that there seems to be a few times where you "forget" about the Moon spells. You are lacking a few casts, and their combined damage is low. Again, try to think a few steps ahead to maximise their damage. If you see he only has one stack left, and casting a Full Moon right now would land as he is stunned and give you Astral Power to cast two starsurges? That would be a HUGE damage increase, with also being the correct type of damage (Killing the boss, not the everspawning adds)

Went through Gul'Dan HC very quickly and there is a lot of the same mentality there. Try to think a few seconds ahead, being quick with getting sunfire and moonfire up BEFORE starfalls, etc.

Outside of those things, there's very little specific issues that I can see, but you will probably gain the most from just practice and staying a few steps ahead of the fight. I know it's quite silly, but I always suggest spending a little extra time with the dummies both singletarget and multitarget to get Muscle Memory of your abilities and their duration/cast times. Having a very good grasp on your priority will allow you to be more flexible and plan ahead further without loosing damage.

(Small side-note: Suggest going for Guardian or Feral Affinity instead of Restoration. Guardian will "give" you very high survivability due to our health starting to become quite insane. Feral affinity is amazing for fights where you are moving a lot, like Elisande, Gul'Dan, Chronomatic. Sure, Displacer beast is nice, but it's not always up. )

Thank you guys for your recommendations, especially Tyriama you did really huge work

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyriama View Post
    There's quite a few small things if you are looking for pure padding stats.

I did a comparison between you and Санаса on SkorpyronM
    You had very similar damage numbers per cast, but it's the total casts that make a huge difference:

You have the same number of SunFire casts, but he has almost 20m more damage through their ticks than you. This is probably due to a few things: Adds not being in starfall early enough to gain the empowerment, and applying Sunfire quicker to the adds, to allow for more ticks.

He has a LOT more damage from Lunar Strike, 22m to be exact. Working to spreading sunfire and starfall quicker to give you more time on Lunar Strikes will allow you to pad more. Casting a Unempowered Lunar Strike on a clump of mobs is still more damage than casting an empower Solar Wrath when you want to pad.
    He had quite a bit more Starsurge damage. Whilst Skorpyron IS a fight with lots of AOE, getting him down to stun him is vital, so starfalling when the adds will maybe get a single tick might not be the best option, if you can save the AP and throw two starsurges at Skorpyron when he's stunned and taking double damage.

Outside of that there seems to be a few times where you "forget" about the Moon spells. You are lacking a few casts, and their combined damage is low. Again, try to think a few steps ahead to maximise their damage. If you see he only has one stack left, and casting a Full Moon right now would land as he is stunned and give you Astral Power to cast two starsurges? That would be a HUGE damage increase, with also being the correct type of damage (Killing the boss, not the everspawning adds)

Went through Gul'Dan HC very quickly and there is a lot of the same mentality there. Try to think a few seconds ahead, being quick with getting sunfire and moonfire up BEFORE starfalls, etc.

Outside of those things, there's very little specific issues that I can see, but you will probably gain the most from just practice and staying a few steps ahead of the fight. I know it's quite silly, but I always suggest spending a little extra time with the dummies both singletarget and multitarget to get Muscle Memory of your abilities and their duration/cast times. Having a very good grasp on your priority will allow you to be more flexible and plan ahead further without loosing damage.

(Small side-note: Suggest going for Guardian or Feral Affinity instead of Restoration. Guardian will "give" you very high survivability due to our health starting to become quite insane. Feral affinity is amazing for fights where you are moving a lot, like Elisande, Gul'Dan, Chronomatic. Sure, Displacer beast is nice, but it's not always up. )
    I`ll try it in next RT. So is it right that i need to always apply my Sunfure (if there are lot`s of shortliving mobs) and moonfire (if there are longliving mobs) BEFORE Starfall?
    And (it`s really embarrasing for me to ask) what can you tell me about my Single target Rotation (Krossus for example or Star Augur). I really can`t understand why i have less starsurges then another Boomkins through the boss fight (maybe because i don`t have 30% Haste )
    Thank you again for your Huuuuuuge help

Again haven't looked at logs, but yes want to apply sunfire first then Starfall if possible. On ST rotation. Remember to keep the charges rolling on the moon spells. They are a good amount of AP. Basically just keep your dots on the target (easy with nature's balance) and try to always cast lunar strike with empowerments. Don't let empowerments go past three as to not waste stacks. I mean haste will help get more spells out, so in turn more SS, but you don't need a haste cap necessarily unless you have Lego helm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been around the computer for a few days.

I don't remember exactly what I looked at for your singletarget fights, but one thing that I do know punish boomkins is movement. Try to minimize your movement as much as possible by smartly using warlock portals, kittyblink, etc. F.ex krosus doesn't laserbeam the whole platform, so you can spend very little time actually moving if you try to stay near the middle. Same with the Orb, use Portal to get in the rear, then kittyblink back to the raid when done.

Outside of that there is a lot of RNG still for balance, and we can't really help that much.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyLif3 View Post
    Again haven't looked at logs, but yes want to apply sunfire first then Starfall if possible. On ST rotation. Remember to keep the charges rolling on the moon spells. They are a good amount of AP. Basically just keep your dots on the target (easy with nature's balance) and try to always cast lunar strike with empowerments. Don't let empowerments go past three as to not waste stacks. I mean haste will help get more spells out, so in turn more SS, but you don't need a haste cap necessarily unless you have Lego helm.
    Doesn't a SF applied after Starfall benefit from the empowerment for the whole duration, as opposed to casting it before, where it benefits while the empowerment is up?
    For example, if I am obligated to move, aka trilliax death ray, right before the phase stops and SFall is prolly up, I try to refresh the debuffs on him and then resume ST. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    Doesn't a SF applied after Starfall benefit from the empowerment for the whole duration, as opposed to casting it before, where it benefits while the empowerment is up?
    For example, if I am obligated to move, aka trilliax death ray, right before the phase stops and SFall is prolly up, I try to refresh the debuffs on him and then resume ST. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? o.O
    I am not sure, but I believe we don't have snapshots anymore outside of Feral abilities, so you should not have to worry.

Question is, is it better to apply dots first and starfall after, or the other way around?

Situation: Mythic+ run, you switch to the next pack of adds, the tank charges in and you have 40+ (Stellar Drift) AP, what do you do first (if the mobs are already clumped up)? SF > Starfall or Starfall > SF?

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally SunFire first, then starfall the best position to hit the mobs for the longest time, then tab moonfires if they'll stay alive for a long time (Adds before Elysanna in BRH f.ex.)

If the mobs won't stay alive for long, I will often Starfall>SF>LunarStrike if empowered>Wrath for AP to cast another starfall/Prep next pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyriama View Post
    I am not sure, but I believe we don't have snapshots anymore outside of Feral abilities, so you should not have to worry.
    Tried on dummy. It doesn't do full damage after SFall goes away and plus you lose 1GCD of empowerment for SF and 2 GCDs for MF if you do this. In the end, dps loss. Better to apply dots and then SFall. I read somewhere it snapshots, but apparently the guy was wrong.

Right, the dots no longer snapshot for balance. So I Sfire first then apply Starfall.