Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    No, see, it's not a war threat because Trump didn't explicitly use the word "war"!
    I really do hope this is a joke because you do not need to use the word war to make a war threat.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So... he's threatening unauthorized entry into a sovereign nation?

Remind me what the definition of declaring War is again?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casus_belli

It's not. It's rude, true, but not an act of war. Since Mexico is giving the US security issues (or so Trump says), they have a basis to defend the country that makes it such as it is legitimate, although ethically wrong.
    What do you call invading another country with your military?

So, maybe this is why they pointlessly sent Mattis to South Korea, where he's meeting with an interim government that will likely not remain in place for too long, with no real State Department backing. They wanted him out of the White House so they could do shit like this without him bursting a blood vessel and asking them what the fuck they were thinking.

It's not. It's rude, true, but not of war. Since Mexico is giving the US security issues (or so Trump says), they have a basis to defend the country that makes it such as it is legitimate, although ethically wrong.
    Not remotely applicable, but whatever makes you feel better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I thought it was Clinton that was going to get us into a war. What happened?
    Mexico is currently denying this; it would make sense that if such comments were said, they would confirm and condemn them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I really do hope this is a joke because you do not need to use the word war to make a war threat.
    Speaks volumes that even after writing something that incredibly stupid, people aren't 100% sure whether or not people are sarcastic nowadays.

It's just parody of regular Trumpet apologism, which sadly can be very hard to differentiate from insanity
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So, maybe this is why they pointlessly sent Mattis to South Korea, where he's meeting with an interim government that will likely not remain in place for too long, with no real State Department backing. They wanted him out of the White House so they could do shit like this without him bursting a blood vessel and asking them what the fuck they were thinking.

Not remotely applicable, but whatever makes you feel better.
    If the US invaded to get territorial gain, then it would be an act of war. There's a difference

You can take a look at the UN charter. I don't support Trump's move on this, but let's not pretend it's illegal. It's just immoral.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

It's not. It's rude, true, but not an act of war. Since Mexico is giving the US security issues (or so Trump says), they have a basis to defend the country that makes it such as it is legitimate, although ethically wrong.
    Yea, too bad CB's aren't as easy in real life as they are in EU4. Aggressive expansion is a whole different mechanic too.

10+ Year Old Account

imagined offences arent casus belli, nor would it fly when we've been dealing with it forever and not needed to do that.

No, see, it's not a war threat because Trump didn't explicitly use the word "war"!

Same way calling illegal mexican immigrants rapists and thieves wasn't racist because he never explicitly used the word "genes".

And his remarks about women wasn't sexist because he never explicitly used the word "objects".
    You mean like http://bcove.me/q9sixqeu ?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    How many Chalupas do you think the wall would cost.

Like, what's the going rate of a chalupa nowadays.
    One Chalupa=2Avocados=1/2 Taco.

It depends on what the US troops do down there.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

Props for telling it like it is. Facts, followed by opinion. Loving your posts lately.

Speaks volumes that even after writing something that incredibly stupid, people aren't 100% sure whether or not people are sarcastic nowadays.

It's just parody of regular Trumpet apologism
    Can't be helped sorry. So much stupid and crazy shit is said its hard to figure out what is sarcastic and isn't anymore....

Happens when you got someone like Trump as out president.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    Props for telling it like it is. Facts, followed by opinion. Loving your posts lately.
    Claiming your war is justified isn't the same as it not being a war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys not entertained?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

If the US invaded to get territorial gain, then it would be an act of war. There's a difference

You can take a look at the UN charter. I don't support Trump's move on this, but let's not pretend it's illegal. It's just immoral.
    No, we're just killing their citizens. That's no big deal at all, doesn't matter in the slightest!

Is there anything you won't rationalize for Trump?

And who is to say the US won't try to grab territory or resources? Trump has made it clear that he views taking things from other countries is fine (his repeated comments on taking oil in Iraq and Afghanistan), and he's fine with Russia's annexation of Crimea, not to mention his repeatedly vague comments about Mexico paying us back for the wall "somehow".

I mean, come the fuck on, dude.

I don't think those sentences mean what you think they mean... You're essentially describing one of many reasons to declare war.

Now, if Mexico ASKED them to come help, then it wouldn't be a declaration of war. But since Trump is threatening to enter into the lands of a sovereign nation, it's pretty clear that prior consent was not given.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I was a Sanders supporter who viewed Clinton as at best an acceptable choice. That doesn't stop me from laughing at people who thought Trump was somehow the peace option.
    Here's the deal though our relations with Mexico and China have been shit.

Its been quite a while since we've (U.S.) been the big dick in the locker room.

Mexico's government is next to worthless in regards to immigration and the drug cartel (not connected *I don't think*) The Mexican government is ineffective because they choose to be... it really has no negative impact on THEM so why bother to do anything about it.

Now my views on immigration are very different than most republicans because I see the irony.

(1) Most small business owners tend to lean conservative
    (2) Small businesses tend to be the LARGEST employers of illegal aliens

Its simple supply and demand. They come... because SOMEONE is willing to employee them. If people stop employing them... they'll stop coming.

Also there is this fallacy that illegals don't pay taxes. They do. Why? Because the IRS is far more effective at deporting, or punishing those that don't contribute. You earned money? You didn't pay taxes... bam in jail, and you can say what you want about cush living of prison, and 3 meals a day, but I don't know anyone that would rather be incarcerated than with their families... I don't care how tough or shitty your life is.

In addition, I went to school with and am friends with several international students, and even when you do everything 100% correct to get into the country, stay in the country, and become a citizen... it can take a decade or more. THAT is wrong.

The process needs to be streamlined:
    (1) Have a job?
    (2) Have a place to stay?
    (3) Have a sponsor?
    (4) Pay taxes?
    (5) Bleed, red, white, and blue?

APPROVED!

Just remember Trump voters don't necessarily make Trump supporters.

You clearly don't know what a act fo war is.

If the US sends solder's across the border to mexico without the consent of the Mexican Government that is.....A ACT OF WAR. Trump has threaten to do this that is a WAR THREAT.

Just like if you fuck a girl without consent its rape. Sending solder's to a land that isn't yours and without consent of its government is a act of war.

10+ Year Old Account
    and that definition in wiki literally has in it "to justify war" as part of the definition. Its still a war, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Yea, too bad CB's aren't as easy in real life as they are in EU4. Aggressive expansion is a whole different mechanic too.
    Will USA be hit with negative six stability?