Greater Blessing improvements

So if I remember correctly, blizzard stated that the removal of GBoM was only a temporary fix and they would try to polish the system further in a later patch after 7.2. Here's a spin on a way they could pull it off.

Why don't they give us multiple utility blessings. Players may only have one greater blessing at a time, each greater blessing can only be active on one person, can't be cast in combat. This opens up the chance to make numerous greater blessings for different situations and play styles and it would be up to your discreation to distribute them to those who need them most. Maybe they could be placed above our bars where our auras and seals used to be. Here's a few that I thought of.

Greater Blessing of...

Kings: Absorbs x dmg every 6 seconds. (Stronger than live)

Wisdom: Restores x% mana every 1 sec (Remove healing component and buff the mana regen)

Light: Increases healing received by 5% and restores 1% hp every second

Justice: Increases movement speed by 15%

Conviction: Reduces the CD of certain utility spells. Varies from class to class.

Retribution: Reflects x% of all dmg back to the attacker.

Resolve: Reduces the duration of loss of control effects by x%.

Law: Attacks have a small % to stun target for 1 sec. (Old seal of justice ftw)

Sacrifice: X% of all dmg is taken by the paladin instead. Suppressed when afflicted by CC.

The Battle Healer: X% of all damage is converted into heals towards the most injured party member.

Those are just a few I've come up with. Now obviously these are too many but it's fun to think which of these would make the cut and how you would distribute them in a group or which would you use in solo play depending on the situation.

Please feel free and share your own greater blessing ideas.
    Last edited by Varx; 2017-02-02 at 01:12 AM.

The idea isn't new but it is good. Sad but it is 2017, buffs will die next expac

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So if I remember correctly, blizzard stated that the removal of GBoM was only a temporary fix and they would try to polish the system further in a later patch after 7.2. Here's a spin on a way they could pull it off.

Why don't they give us multiple utility blessings. Players may only have one greater blessing at a time, each greater blessing can only be active on one person, can't be cast in combat. This opens up the chance to make numerous greater blessings for different situations and play styles and it would be up to your discreation to distribute them to those who need them most. Maybe they could be placed above our bars where our auras and seals used to be. Here's a few that I thought of.

Greater Blessing of...

Kings: Absorbs x dmg every 6 seconds. (Stronger than live)

Wisdom: Restores x% mana every 1 sec (Remove healing component and buff the mana regen)

Light: Increases healing received by 5% and restores 1% hp every second

Justice: Increases movement speed by 15%

Conviction: Reduces the CD of certain utility spells. Varies from class to class.

Retribution: Reflects x% of all dmg back to the attacker.

Resolve: Reduces the duration of loss of control effects by x%.

Law: Attacks have a small % to stun target for 1 sec. (Old seal of justice ftw)

Sacrifice: X% of all dmg is taken by the paladin instead. Suppressed when afflicted by CC.

The Battle Healer: X% of all damage is converted into heals towards the most injured party member.

Those are just a few I've come up with. Now obviously these are too many but it's fun to think which of these would make the cut and how you would distribute them in a group or which would you use in solo play depending on the situation.

Please feel free and share your own greater blessing ideas.
    The issue with your entire concept is that you're giving one spec literally the option to do so many different things. That's not balanced. Honestly the greater blessings need to just go, or if they really wanted to push this nonsensical class fantasy shit down our throats they should have made it might for ret, kings for prot, and wisdom for holy. Might should have been some kind of DPS cooldown, Kings maybe a reverse beacon or as is shield (he buffs one person, the shield affects both him and one other (i.e. MT/OT), and wisdom just an innervate clone of some sort, maybe weaker mana, but added hp restoration etc.

They should have pushed the fantasy button on stuff that's meaningful or engaging, the existing ones are none of the above.

Deleted
    The idea is in on one of the new artifact traits. You get 2500ap for putting your blessings up.

Deleted
    Bring back TBC buffs and pallypower and I am going to feel like at home again.

7+ Year Old Account
    As you said: maybe a bit too many things on the list but still a lot of fun to talk about. I'd be fine if we could just turn them into blessings and Auras and then let all Paladin specs have them - possibly that certain specs get specific ones. I really want our 'normal' auras back, but actually being useful ;_:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Bring back TBC buffs and pallypower and I am going to feel like at home again.
    I don't think i'd like that. Even the current wisdom and innervate buffs are points of contention in the healer community already.
    Also, i don't want to pay the price for that in damage. :/

They could bring back blessing of salvation though. It was be cool for mythic plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    As you said: maybe a bit too many things on the list but still a lot of fun to talk about. I'd be fine if we could just turn them into blessings and Auras and then let all Paladin specs have them - possibly that certain specs get specific ones. I really want our 'normal' auras back, but actually being useful ;_:
    I agree. Auras are much cooler to use than fire and forget blessings.

If wisdom was an aura that gave decent mana for X seconds in an AoE, it would be for all healers, it would make you work with your healer team and you would feel useful. Same thing for kings beeing just a big absorb bubble. But, i guess these abilities fall too much into the healer spectrum and we would be stepping on some toes. It's a difficult situation.
    I would like a damage aura aswell, if we didn't have to pay for it with personal damage. Oh well... theres more pressing matters to atend than this tbh.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-02-10 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    The sad part is that you'll end up with something you have to do before pulls that isn't engaging in any way. If you're limited to X blessings there will be a set of blessings which are just better than all others(namely those that help with dps). If you're not limited you'll just need to spend 20s just putting blessings on people which isn't exactly fun to do. If they want to keep this as part of class fantasy reasons the best way to do it IMO is to randomly throw out blessings with a small duration i.e. 10s on something like a 2 RPPM whenever you consume holy power. The blessings themselves would need to be random for this to make any sense. It might even work in the same way as roll the bones where you can throw out X blessings per proc. Another option would be tying the blessings to your wings so that when you activate wings everyone in your raid gets a random blessing for the duration of wings or similar.

Having the paladin actively put out blessings only makes it tedious, especially if there are a lot of options. There really aren't a lot of ways in which to make blessings interesting while having them work as they currently do(long duration buff on party member) because they are frankly boring. Moving to something like Innervate where you cast it on a friendly target might work but it would still be boring. It would make it seem like the blessings have more impact as they'd be stronger but it would also limit the kind of blessings you get as a flat damage increase would be too strong(and you'd need to cast it on burst classes when they are bursting pretty much). The old auras are boring as well. No one was really excited by passively increasing armor/resistance by X.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    The old auras are boring as well. No one was really excited by passively increasing armor/resistance by X.
    I just feel that auras gave a good immersion, something that I really feel is missing with the whole 'class fantasy' but I think we're all tired to bring that thing up again. Also the fact that I really like auras overall in most games - there are times in some games, where auras exists, I like making a 'Paladin Group' and everyone has their own aura, aiding one another in their own way. Just makes it feel cool, to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Greater Blessing of...

This alone would make Retribution Paladins absolutely mandatory for long mythic fights, and non-stop mythic+ runs on 20+ levels.
    I'm not even going to start on all the other things.

It's all fine and good to want shiny things for Ret, but you can't be so unreasonably self-centered that you want everything and eff everybody else. That's not how balance works.

The more you get, the more everybody else must get in return; and after everybody gets about what you're getting, we're back to complaining how the classes are all homogenized and without anything unique or interesting.

Kill the Blessings, I say. They're either going to be useless -- as they are now -- or they're going to be far too strong, unbalanced, and an endless source of QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatali View Post
    This alone would make Retribution Paladins absolutely mandatory for long mythic fights, and non-stop mythic+ runs on 20+ levels.
    I'm not even going to start on all the other things.

It's all fine and good to want shiny things for Ret, but you can't be so unreasonably self-centered that you want everything and eff everybody else. That's not how balance works.

The more you get, the more everybody else must get in return; and after everybody gets about what you're getting, we're back to complaining how the classes are all homogenized and without anything unique or interesting.

Kill the Blessings, I say. They're either going to be useless -- as they are now -- or they're going to be far too strong, unbalanced, and an endless source of QQ.
    Wisdom already exists my dude.

The way they executed GBoM removal is impeccable.
    They didn't address corresponding talents at all. Not like anyone cares for Hammer of Who Picks this Shit, but Rets are now severely handicapped against cc-heavy teams, as our "We Want Ret to Counter Mages Aura" is significantly weaker now.
    Very balanced and wise balance, nothing less to be expected from the wisestest masters of Bzzd.
    And last but not least, now it's literally 1 gbok and 1 gbow, with no way to choose what amount of which buffs to produce.
    One would think they should be more thorough and discreet with such kind of tuning.
    Guess it'll do anyway.

Deleted
    IMO the iconic paladin spells were their respective auras, much more than their blessings. So I’d vote for auras back including visible auras, but not just as passive, but as a mixture of passive/active for all specs:

- Devotion aura:
    (passive) increases the armor of allies within 10yds by 4%. Active: increases armor of allies within 10yds for 6 seconds for 10%.

* 4%/10% armor is a 3%/7% physical damage reduction on tanks, while holy devotion aura is a completely damage reduction (20% split among 5 outside of AM = 4% global DR) on live.

- Retribution aura:
    (passive) while above 70% health, 10% of all damage taken by allies within 10yds is redirected to you. Active: for 6 seconds you absorb the redirected damage into a shield (up to 50% of your health maybe), after the shield expires all damage absorbed is dealt divided among all enemies within 10 yds.
    active (holy): after the shield expires all damage absorbed is converted to heal divided among alles within 10 yds.

* would be very useful for holy wrath talent, while the active effect basicly replaces shield of vengeance. possible great synergy for prots and holies, too.

- Crusader aura:
    (passive) increases the movement speed of you and all allies within 10yds by 3/6/9/12% if you have [0-3 holy power (ret) / 100-85-70-55% missing health/mana (prot/holy)]. (active) decreases the movement speed of all enemies within 20 yards by 24% for 6 seconds.

And I didn’t forget the holy paladins, because they effectively have some of the auras. their aura talent row would be altered:

- endurance: increases the passive effect of your current aura by 100%.
    *for more constant support
    - aura mastery: increases the active effect and duration by 50-100%.
    *for high on demand
    - second chance: the active effects have a 2nd charge and a 25% shorter cooldown.
    *for frequent on demand

They need to leave blessings alone before they screw them all up again like they were at Legion launch

Deleted
    I'd rather have a greater blessing that proc's whenever we have 5 bars of holy power for 6 seconds our dmg is increased by 15% and our movement speed by 30%. The ability falls off if you do not spend our HP in those 6 seconds. Give us this one as a replacement for holy wrath and I am a happy RET!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I don't think i'd like that. Even the current wisdom and innervate buffs are points of contention in the healer community already.
    Also, i don't want to pay the price for that in damage. :/
    When/where have you seen discussion about this? Doing some research as a pissed off healer
    Last edited by Ashardis; 2017-03-06 at 12:17 AM.