Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    McCain calls Australian ambassador to express support after Trump exchange

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Thursday that he spoke to the Australian ambassador to express support for the nations' relationship after a heated call from President Trump.

"I called Australia’s Ambassador to the United States this morning to express my unwavering support for the U.S.-Australia alliance," McCain, who's frequently criticized Trump, said in a statement.

McCain added that he asked Joe Hockey, the Australian ambassador to the U.S., to "convey to the people of Australia" that Americans value their alliance, "honor the sacrifice of the Australians who have served and are serving by our side, and remain committed to the safer, freer, and better world that Australia does far more than its fair share to protect and promote.”

------------------

Say what you will about McCain, but considering the mess that Trump gave the AU pm, I found McCain's call a class act.
    (afterwards, I see Paul Ryan and Rob Portman also made calls to the ambassador expressing support)

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Oh, nvm, it seems like australia PM debunked these claims.

Good lord I've lost track of how many of these have been debunked.

This is sad. I mean genuinely sad.

What's "sad" is Turnbull's lying, who apparently is trying to save face and/or pretend that Trump's bellicosity is not a problem.

In what appears to have been a calculated leak from the highest echelons of the White House, US President Donald Trump reportedly “blasted” Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull during a phone call last weekend and then abruptly cut off the call.

According to the details first published by the Washington Post yesterday, Trump fumed at Turnbull for asking him to honour an Obama administration refugee-swapping deal with Australia. In line with his demonisation of refugees, Trump labelled it “the worst deal ever” and accused Turnbull of trying to export the “next Boston bombers” to the US.

Trump went further, however, telling Turnbull that their conversation was the “worst by far” of the five phone calls he had that day with world leaders, including Russian President Vladimir Putin. After 25 minutes, Trump suddenly ended the scheduled one-hour call “making it far shorter than his conversations with Shinzo Abe of Japan, Angela Merkel of Germany, François Hollande of France or Putin,” the newspaper reported.

The leaked content of the conversation exposed Turnbull’s insistence that it “ended cordially” and the fraud of Foreign Minister Julie Bishop’s earlier claims that the call was “very warm” and “very engaging.” Turnbull yesterday said he was “very disappointed” that details of the call were leaked.

... http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2017.../call-f03.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    What's "sad" is Turnbull's lying, who apparently is trying to save face and/or pretend that Trump's bellicosity is not a problem.
    Alright, so now he's lying, even though he's the one who have the most to lose by doing so.

No, mate. Five fake news in a week is enough. Yes, I counted them.

Russian sanctions lift - Fake, it was a remnant of the Obama administration over making sure the sanctions were fair, which they were not over some bureaucracy problems.
    Trump with AU PM - Fake, discredited by the AU PM.
    Mexico call about dealing with "bad hombres" - Fake, discredited by Mexican officials, including the one which Trump spoke to.
    LGBT EO - Fake, discredited by Trump himself, discredited by his government and never happened.
    Woman die because of Trump's ban - She died before the ban was even announced.

Got any more of these?

I mean, they're doing a very good job of discrediting the far-left push.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

hmm more liberal fake news. When will they learn. Apparently never

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so now he's lying, even though he's the one who have the most to lose by doing so.

Trump with AU PM - Fake, discredited by the AU PM.
    I just gave you reports that Turnbull said, "The leaked content of the conversation exposed Turnbull’s insistence that it “ended cordially” and the fraud of Foreign Minister Julie Bishop’s earlier claims that the call was “very warm” and “very engaging.” Turnbull yesterday said he was “very disappointed” that details of the call were leaked."

It wasn't discredited by the PM, it was Bishop lying saying the call was "very warm" and "very engaging". Then Turnbull confirmed that the details were leaked, (apparently by the Trump White House), and was "very disappointed" that the details were leaked.

That's Trump using it to publicly embarrass the Aussie PM, and the Aussie gov't then trying to spin the facts to save face. It's very clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just gave you reports that Turnbull said, "The leaked content of the conversation exposed Turnbull’s insistence that it “ended cordially” and the fraud of Foreign Minister Julie Bishop’s earlier claims that the call was “very warm” and “very engaging.” Turnbull yesterday said he was “very disappointed” that details of the call were leaked."

It wasn't discredited by the PM, it was Bishop lying saying the call was "very warm" and "very engaging". Then Turnbull confirmed that the details were leaked, (apparently by the Trump White House), and was "very disappointed" that the details were leaked.

That's Trump using it to publicly embarrass the Aussie PM, and the Aussie gov't then trying to spin the facts to save face. It's very clear.
    Not really, no.

What part of "Trump slam phone after heated argument with AU prime minister" and "Turnbull's insistence that it "ended cordially"".

There's no dissonance here?

Yes, there is.

Stop spreading lies, you're only making yourselves looks like fools. You know what's worse than having five fake news in a week? Denying they are fake.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, no.

What part of "Trump slam phone after heated argument with AU prime minister" and "Turnbull's insistence that it "ended cordially"".

There's no dissonance here?

Yes, there is.

Stop spreading lies, you're only making yourselves looks like fools. You know what's worse than having five fake news in a week? Denying they are fake.
    The lies that were spread were those by Julie Bishop, claiming things were peachy. The PM could have told the world that Trump can fuck off, but the Aussie gov't decided it would capitulate to Trump's bullying tactics because they knew Trump is crazy enough to retaliate on the various U.S./AU issues in the Pacific re China and elsewhere, as described further in the article.

You can't spin this to make it something it wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lies that were spread were those by Julie Bishop, claiming things were peachy. The PM could have told the world that Trump can fuck off, but the Aussie gov't decided it would capitulate to Trump's bullying tactics because they knew Trump is crazy enough to retaliate on the various U.S./AU issues in the Pacific re China and elsewhere, as described further in the article.

You can't spin this to make it something it wasn't.
    You're the one making conjectures, here. You're in her mind? You're in his mind? You were there?

I'd follow your own advice, if I was you.

This piece of news is false, debunked by both the AU PM and Trump. Move along, nothing to see here, 5 fake news per weeks is enough, thanks all.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    More on this topic:

Kjell Magne Bondevik was stopped and questioned at Dulles Airport for an hour, because his passport said he'd been to Iran.

Kjell Magne Bondevik is the former Prime Minister of Norway. That information was also on his passport.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're the one making conjectures, here. You're in her mind? You're in his mind? You were there?

I'd follow your own advice, if I was you.

This piece of news is false, debunked by both the AU PM and Trump. Move along, nothing to see here, 5 fake news per weeks is enough, thanks all.
    Simple denial is not "debunking". Given Bishop's lies and the obvious reasons to cover this up, denials after the cat's out of the bag can't be trusted.

It was a calculated snub and then a leak by Trump's team to elicit the response they eventually got from the Aussies - do as we demand or we'll cut you off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple denial is not "debunking". Given Bishop's lies and the obvious reasons to cover this up, denials after the cat's out of the bag can't be trusted.

It was a calculated snub and then a leak by Trump's team to elicit the response they eventually got from the Aussies - do as we demand or we'll cut you off.
    Or perhaps it's part of the epidemic of fake news related to his phone calls, which happened under another "alleged leak" saying he'd send the military to take care of the bad hombres.

It's not denial, it's factual. The first one was a fake news. The second one was also debunked by the two parties at which the lie was directed. AU PM would've received outstanding support from international communities if he came out as really having this conversation. He did not.

I'm interested to know what makes you people so adamant on being dishonest, as long that it further your goals. Because frankly, this week has proved without an inch of a doubt that allegations spewed out are nothing but huge lies that some groups are more than hungry to believe and share, regardless of reality.

In some way, I feel bad for the crowd so desperate to believe any lie - pizzagate and this alike - because their sense of self is too tightly knotted with their political ideologies.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account

I'm interested to know what makes you people so adamant on being dishonest, as long that it further your goals.
    You should ask that of the Aussie gov't, specifically the FM Julie Bishop.

Basically Australia had a agreement with the obama administration about relocating refugees from Australia to the US and Trump is like NOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Christ. We're going to run out of allies by the end of the week, and he hasn't even been in office a month.

Yes, yes we did.
    Did you not read the fine print? His motto is "Make America Great Again ................................. and screw everyone else."