Nameplates only show if I click the mob

And they don't show up very far away, maybe 20 yards. Is there a cvar to fix this?

Have you tried turning all your addons off ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    have you tried pressing V, ctrl-V and/or shift-V or w/e the default keybinds for toggling the various nameplate settings are?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Have you tried turning all your addons off ?
    Yes, with no addons, it is still the same. They do not show up unless I click on them or they are (10 yards away and in combat)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    have you tried pressing V, ctrl-V and/or shift-V or w/e the default keybinds for toggling the various nameplate settings are?
    Yes I have tried them all, in and out of combat. They do not show up unless I click on them or they are (10 yards away and in combat)

did you go into your interface settings and make sure always show nameplates is checked? it normally only does it in combat now
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

try /run SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 60) 60 is the new standard, old was 40 maybe you have mixed up something with it. and check the interface settings. maybe you try the 'bigger nameplate' option as well

Quote Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
    did you go into your interface settings and make sure always show nameplates is checked? it normally only does it in combat now
    I did that and the nameplates still don't show unless I actually click the mob. I have all addons disabled. I recently realm transferred and cleared cache and cookies and this happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rikerulez View Post
    try /run SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 60) 60 is the new standard, old was 40 maybe you have mixed up something with it. and check the interface settings. maybe you try the 'bigger nameplate' option as well
    Thank you! That Cvar did the trick!