Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Don't do this, don't find the damage times from a kill video. Use warcraft logs, easier faster cleaner more accurate.
    I learn much more by watching a kill video, pausing/rewinding, than I would from reading logs, but that is because I personally am a visual learner. I wouldn't tell OP NOT to do this, just offer a different way and let him decide... there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing it via a video, and for my brain, it's easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    I learn much more by watching a kill video, pausing/rewinding, than I would from reading logs, but that is because I personally am a visual learner. I wouldn't tell OP NOT to do this, just offer a different way and let him decide... there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing it via a video, and for my brain, it's easier.
    There is a lot wrong with doing it on a video, mainly you don't know what the damage is that's going out, is it damage on a set timer? did someone make a mistake and trigger extra damage that isn't usually there? etc etc.

Visual learning is fine, but going off the video alone leaves SO much unsure.

There is a lot wrong with doing it on a video, mainly you don't know what the damage is that's going out, is it damage on a set timer? did someone make a mistake and trigger extra damage that isn't usually there? etc etc.

Visual learning is fine, but going off the video alone leaves SO much unsure.
    0.0 lol I'm not even going to argue with you. It's just as obvious in a video as it is in a log. I'm not watching raid frames I watching DBM timers. Trust me, it's a great method and I'm glad you have found a method that works for you as well. It's great to have many different resources to utilize!

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    0.0 lol I'm not even going to argue with you. It's just as obvious in a video as it is in a log. I'm not watching raid frames I watching DBM timers. Trust me, it's a great method and I'm glad you have found a method that works for you as well. It's great to have many different resources to utilize!
    DBM timers aren't always correct, whereas warcraft log timers are. I think at the very least, someone should use logs AND the video, the video alone just isn't accurate enough for anyone who takes raiding seriously enough to set up healing cd timers in advance.

DBM timers aren't always correct, whereas warcraft log timers are. I think at the very least, someone should use logs AND the video, the video alone just isn't accurate enough for anyone who takes raiding seriously enough to set up healing cd timers in advance.
    It has worked perfectly for me and I've been mythic raiding "seriously" for years now. Can we not hijack the OPs thread with an argument? Watching videos is the better option imo. Logs in yours. It's tit for tat, let's help the OP which we did and move on. Both are great. The end

Deleted
    Here are two examples of cooldown planning for certain mythic fights (I am a healer btw):
    (google docs btw)

1. example: Ursoc mythic
    http://imgur.com/4KxPgZV
    Vorne means front and seitlich means side sideways

2. example: Aluriel mythic (we are on Krosus atm, but will kill him hopefully next raid night)
    http://imgur.com/vvC9Lb5
    This one is a little more detailed. I planned the whole fight including some comments what to do (still in german unfortunately).

This planning certainly takes some time depending on how detailed you are planning to do it. But if done right, healer and movement (roar, totem) cooldowns can be planned somewhat accurately. These will be adjusted throughout the progress on the boss depending on how well the raid group is at handling certain situations of the encounter. Additionally the dps can plan their defensive and offensive cooldowns as well, if they care enough to look into the doc.

Overall, it really doesn't have to be that detailed, but I actually like planning the fights, so whatever. And I really suggest to use warcraftlogs for that. For most big aoe spells it is enough to search for enemy casts, list it by spell name, choose the spell you care about, click on "events" on the top right and simply copy the times. Takes half a minute max. Then some formatting stuff and cooldowns can be assigned.