Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    - Lineage I, not II, it's my first MMORPG, I started playing it in 2001.
    - RO, a.k.a. Ragnarok Online;
    - WoW.

Honourable mentions are B&S, FFXIV and WildStar.

not really a fan of most mmo's. sure WoW is good, I enjoyed warhammer and SW old republic. But it's not great or anything.
    hit & run posting lol

WoW
    EQ2
    Runescape (when it was good)

-FF14 Its everything good from WoW but with so much more*. Top notch story and style. *IMO
    -WoW The first time I spent more than a hour and a half on a computer in one sitting was because this game hooked me
    -Lineage 2 My first MMO and many many great times were had with the terrible pvp system

honorable mention to Warhammer Online. So much potential for a pvp first type of player and with an incredible IP universe to draw from. I feel like the money men ruined this one tho.

- WoW
    - GW2
    - FF14

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

For me the top 3 would be:

1. Final Fantasy 14 - It's a close call between this and WoW, but FFXIV edges out due to an immersive world and story that really focuses on the player being the central figure in the narrative (you're the warrior of light) rather than just one of many adventurers who helped the big name npcs do things but barely get a passing mention. Other things like the housing, crafting, gathering, graphics, the FF franchise as a whole, all add to what makes me give it the top spot.

2. World of Warcraft - While I don't play WoW currently, I have invested years into the game and it did provide a great deal of entertainment over that time. Much has changed over those years. Some for the better, other things not so much. But I can say WoW has a level of polish that many mmo's just don't live up to. I knew nothing about the Warcraft franchise when I first came to WoW, but the lore is definitely interesting. Constant change just for the sake of change is one of the major cons that push it to the number 2 spot.

3. City of Heroes - This and WoW were my first MMO's. I beta tested both at the same time and ultimately chose City of Heroes to play. CoH was an amazing game and I'd still play it today if NCSoft hadn't shut it down. The character customization was unlike anything of its time and would still stand tall with current games today were it still in operation. Nostalgia alone makes me want to put it as number one but realistically, it's an older game from a time when MMO's were still evolving into large scale popular media. There are features of today that would have been greatly appreciated in CoH that just weren't there back then, and of course CoH's graphics would seem stone aged compared with today's games. Still, of all the MMO's I've tried over the years, CoH still stands the test of time and deserves the number 3 spot above any others.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2017-08-09 at 01:02 PM.

Anarchy Online
    EVE Online
    World of Warcraft

Honourable mentions

Age of Conan
    The Secret World
    Runescape
    Ragnarok Online

IT is going to be very very hard for me to list only top 3 but I will do my best.

1.Final Fantasy 14 i've been only playing for a few months and came to this Mmo after Eso has stooped providing me with challenging or engaging content.Now I never thought I would ever be playing this game since I really really do not like final fantasy but this game just hits all the right notes with me it has a very good main story all though I do kind of hate how everything gets locked behind it and it can be a very long process before new players can catch up to everyone else but still great story.The game play is fantastic and I do love how you can have all the jobs on one character all with their own rotations and gimmicks.Also crafting in this not my cup of tea but I do love the direction they took with all the crafters/gathers are just their own little class very interesting.JUSt going to also mention the community has to be one of the most welcoming and friendly I've met and this mmo does give me challenging raid content witch I need in my mmos.ALso before I forget I had too much fun with housing recently bought my first how and decorating it has been way to fun.

2. WOW. Now I have played wow since vanilla all the way to throne of thunder and recently came back for night hold and left at tombs launch but not due to the game being bad just due to feeling Ike I have achieved all the enjoyment from wow that I could. I do still find the game enjoyable and thank blizzard for creating a good game that has gave me years of positive memories and good friends I would not of met without wow and honestly I do not have to say much about wow everyone knows what it is don't regret the shit ton of money I spent in the game on sub.

3.Eso, Now I have previously stated that I stopped playing eso due to it not giving me challenging or engaging content anymore and that is true but still That game is still one of my favorite mmos I have played.The openness of how you can play the options you have the story the locations the pvp for the most part all great but the game was lacking in raids and I need my raids. the hard versions of the trials just did not do it for me from mage warrior serpent to rhakat it just did not do it for me after awhile and the wait time between content was way to long. A good chunk of my friends stopped playing ESO for these reasons but still I do feel like ESO deserves to be in my top 3. Eso can be even better if zenimax online did solves these issues and just bug fixed faster and hired people that know how to run some god damn servers the lag during peak time pvp was hellish I do hope they resolves these issues and who knows maybe when I feel like I got everything out of ffxiv I'll go back.I still do miss roaming solo or duo with a friend in imperial sewers just claiming entire sections to ourselves making boat loads and I mean boat loads of money from bone frags dark ether and tel var stones oh man Don't think I will ever forget when we wiped a 40 man group of players just him on his magicka dk and me on my stamina nightblade good memories.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2017-08-09 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    1st:
    World of WarCraft
    The best mmo ever made. Playing since the closed classic beta.

2nd:
    StarWars the old Republic
    I'm a huge StarWars fan and think this is a good addition to my collection.

3rd:
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Since I'm a fan of the series this has to be on my list.

The short lived Earth and Beyond was the first true MMO I ever played. I have fond memories.

I spent several years with Ragnarok Online. More fond memories.

World of Warcraft I've been playing the longest.

1. Asheron's Call
    2. Dark of Camelot
    3. WoW