Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    1. World of Warcraft
    2. Everquest II
    3. The Elder Scrolls Online

1. MUDs of the 80s, but had to be at Uni to play them
    2. WoW of course - nothing has beaten it for a modern MMO ever.
    3. The first play at home MMO I ever played ... 1000 simultaneous users via VIATEL, was in 1985 and was awesome cause it was so new.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

If you didn't list Ultima Online in your top 3, sadly, your top 3 don't matter.

WoW
    EQOA- Everquest Online Adventure (PS2 mmo game)
    SWTOR

Deleted
    WoW and Runescape are the easy two, played them for like 18 years put together.

The third one would probably be TERA, had like 400-500 hours in it, but I have never been a fan of playing a MMO casually, so I only focus on one at a time, and Runescape and WoW have filled most of my life perfectly.

1. Ultima Online
    2. WOW
    3. Eve

Ultima was the first and amazingly was the best with features modern games won't even attempt because they all cater to shit kicking casuals who would all cry if they couldn't all have their own shitty player housing in instanced nothing-land instead of having to get land in the actual game world. World was also much bigger and better than any other game i've seen and had environments that sort of transition from one climate/biome to the next whereas these days everything takes the WOW approach where you just kind of walk through a mountain pass from a swamp to a frozen forest with no transition at all and the zones are all tiny. It's why they're so opposed to flying, they don't want you to realize how tiny the world actually is. It's honestly quite pathetic.

WOW, for all of it's faults, i've played longer than any of them so it'll always hold a special place in my heart. I eagerly anticipated this game's launch, participated in the beta, pre-ordered the collector's edition for the original game, the whole nine yards. I absolutely loved the warcraft series of games and thought this one would be amazing. Honestly, it wasn't as great as I was hoping and it was a huge let down feature-wise compared to something much better designed like Ultima Online, but the community was larger and originally there was always something to do. As the years went on though, everything became more casual and took away any sort of incentive to actually be good at the game or to earn things because they started just being handed out to everyone for no effort. What little uniqueness you could attain was eroded away with years of casual-oriented design that made it the most popular MMO in the world because all the ADHD facebook game loving shit kickers ate up the fact you didn't have to do anything but login for a few minutes every day to have just about the same thing as everyone else.

Eve is a game i've always had a weird relationship with because I sort of kind of enjoy playing it, but I get bored with it pretty quick. Then a couple years later i'll get the urge to play it again for a few months, then get bored with it again. I respect it because they've always stuck to their guns about being very hardcore, about not hand holding their community at all to the point where pirating other players and even scamming/stealing from other players are profitable career paths for you. It teaches you to be smart, resourceful, and not to trust anyone. My only real beef with it is lack of PVE content. I'm a big fan of PVE content because it means theres always something you can just go "do" whenever you feel like it. Being almost entirely PVP based like Eve though means you NEED other players to have fun. If you go out stalking people alone to gank them, it can take a while to find them and people in dangerous areas are just about always in groups to protect themselves. Big wars do happen sometimes and are always fun to participate in a major battle, but they're extremely rare. Most of the time in Eve you just sit around doing absolutely nothing. That's why I think more PVE focus would really help the game out.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft
    Tera
    Archeage

I actually like WoW, Tera and Archeage are utter shit, but they're about all I can remember playing.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Hard to say tbh...

1. DAoC
    2. Tossup between Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies and Anarchy Online
    3. World of Warcraft

God, I miss the OLD Star Wars Galaxies and Anarchy Online. Too bad Sony had to ruin SWG a lot, and I know that SWGEMU exists, which is not finished yet unfortunately.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFXI - My first MMO and what started my desire to always be The Paragon of Paladin Excellence

WoW - So many lost years yet so many good people met.

FFXIV - WoW with a Final Fantasy skin and a less toxic community.

Deleted
    1. WoW
    2. SWTOR
    3. TESO

1- WoW. Unsubbed right now but yeah, that's an addictive game with a perfect environment and mechanics.
    2- SWtOR. Dat storytelling, nice game mechanics. Was lacking a bit of endgame when I played (don't know if it's better now)
    3- Allods Online lel. Because I really loved this goddamn game when the cash-shop was not completely out of hand. Its universe, the encounters, the mechanics, everything was just so perfect... until russian guys understood it was better to transform it into a giant ATM machine

Deleted
    1. Wow
    2. Eve Online
    3. Ultima Online (Dem times.. *sigh*)

10+ Year Old Account
    1. WoW
    2. Warhammer: age of reckoning
    3. RF Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. EVE Online
    2. WoW
    3. FF XIV

And I still play EVE. There's no such bullshit as "current content" at least.

Deleted
    No order:
    FF XIV: One of the best story's and community I've ever seen played through in an mmo.
    Ragnarok Online: My second MMO I ever played put in easily over 600+ days into it.
    Aion (pre-f2p): Love the whole idea of this castle system in this game reminded me of Ragnarok's WoE.

My current issue is While i am subbed and playing WoW it's more for the people I play with then the fact I enjoy playing it.

1) WoW - just for the sheer scale and adventure as someone who's played on and off since 2004. I built a lot of friendships and relationships in this game and have a ton of good memories. Even if I'm currently bored of the game It would feel awkward to not give it the 1 slot.

The other 2 are a toss up between Blade and Soul & FF14.

Blade and Soul has by far the best combat system and the best/most fun PVP IMO.
    • It also has really good systems for currency. Everything in the game is tied to the main currency thus giving it relevancy. It has its issues for sure, but I like that money is actually valuable in game.
    • It has a surprisingly good story. Way better than I ever expected. You're the hero, you save the day, but sometimes you fail, and in the story when you fail there are real consequences to it. I like that.
    • Progression system is straightforward, but very varied. I can upgrade soul shields, weapons, accessories, HM skills, etc. I can do different content each day to progress towards different things I want. I can farm peaches for a ton of items, flowers for soul shields, ToI tokens for badges, dungeons for currency/materials.

FF14 has a ton going for it as well:
    • excellent graphics
    • runs exceptionally well
    • excellent music
    • clear consistent gameplay
    • great story, and fun fights

The gameplay is a little stale at this point and the itemization needs a ton of work IMO, it's very boring, but everything else is top notch. Character Progression is a little too bland IMO.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. Guild wars 1
    2. Wow
    3. ----------------

1. FFXIV
    2. Ragnarok Online
    3. WoW

RO is there for memories and people I met/played with, WoW was objectively better as a game but it never delivered as well on having positive memories with other players as the first two did. Still don't regret my time playing WoW..I'm still subbed after all.

Ranking is from left to right. Probably in that order. Tho i love them all in their own way.