Thread: R.i.p. Ww

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyal View Post
    If anyone thinks monk was broken, probably isn't higher than 1.7k, I could say it was good but not op at all. Every time I see a monk now, I know it's an easy win. They are pretty bad in comparison with scarier things like assa, feral and survival. I myself play uh dk and also used to play monk, but I find it 10x easier to get high rated with dk instead of windwalker, maybe because I am better at dk, but still monk isn't any hard too. You can clearly see that the devs are nerfing what the low rated players think is broken, it's always been like that and it also makes sense, bacause the majority of players aren't even 2k.

- - - Updated - - -

Ret in vanilla? That's interesting!
    http://www.arenamate.net/

Clearly you're wrong and delusional.

Still good presence in 3s in high MMR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post

Clearly you're wrong and delusional.
    Why are you showing me this? If it's to prove that there are ww monks in high rating, I have said nothing against that. All I said is there are better melees and you can clearly see it in arenamate too. I don't get your point.

Deleted
    Why are you showing me this? If it's to prove that there are ww monks in high rating, I have said nothing against that. All I said is there are better melees and you can clearly see it in arenamate too. I don't get your point.
    You say that the devs only nerf what you consider "broken" at low rating but they are clearly the most broken damage dealer BY FAR at higher rating so that is obviously bullshit?

And no there wasn't better melees, you could put a ww in nearly any comp and it would be better that equals a class/spec being overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i play sv/uh/ele and i think ww needed the change. keep the salt coming as they say.
    All 3 of the classes you play are broken shit and you still complained about ww? Shall we handicap every class that isnt among the ones you play?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    You say that the devs only nerf what you consider "broken" at low rating but they are clearly the most broken damage dealer BY FAR at higher rating so that is obviously bullshit?

And no there wasn't better melees, you could put a ww in nearly any comp and it would be better that equals a class/spec being overpowered.
    OK you are right that after the xuen buff they were kinda insane, but I was talking about their state before that. I also said they are good RIGHT NOW but not enough to be top tier. Hope I am clear now. Oh and also yeah the devs do nerf things that are considered broken in low rating, like come on holinka's character is 1400 cr.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    All 3 of the classes you play are broken shit and you still complained about ww? Shall we handicap every class that isnt among the ones you play?
    um ya that would be nice.

Go check cartoonz arcane mage 7.1.5 one shot guide if you want it explained in a 20 min video, but anyone who actually played a mage already knew that the patch brought 1 shot potential to arcane.
    You do realize that he posted that video right after 7.1.5 was dumped. Current arcane mages cannot one-shot anyone, and if you let them you probably deserve it.

If anyone thinks monk was broken, probably isn't higher than 1.7k, I could say it was good but not op at all. Every time I see a monk now, I know it's an easy win. They are pretty bad in comparison with scarier things like assa, feral and survival. I myself play uh dk and also used to play monk, but I find it 10x easier to get high rated with dk instead of windwalker, maybe because I am better at dk, but still monk isn't any hard too. You can clearly see that the devs are nerfing what the low rated players think is broken, it's always been like that and it also makes sense, bacause the majority of players aren't even 2k.
    Rating hasn't mattered since S3, and if it's "good" while plenty of other classes are "not good" then by definition it is OP because it's notably better than other classes. Good players don't need to defend their chosen class/spec because they know that winning comes from actually outplaying others and not simply having a much better set of tools.

Furthermore, the idiotic assertion that the game should be balanced around what 0.5% of the players do, vs what 80%+ of the players do further highlights your the underlying failure in your position. Players at high level should have already learned how to deal with the issues such that they can play effectively within the limitations. WoW never was nor ever will be an 'esport' and it's time to put that dumbass idea into the crap heap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    A 4-sec stun on a 20-sec CD that also happens to be the main dmg ability...yea, that's brilliant game design there.

WW was broken and it arguably still is even with this "nerf". WW got a lot of goodies that should have been given to enhancement shaman, and WW should have been the perpetual middle-of-the-pack class at all that it does.

What's the counter for a stun on a 20 sec CD? I'd like to know this. Don't let he monk hit you? OK...oh wait, dragon kick + roll lets him chase you anywhere you go. Attack the monk? Karma.

The absurdity of a talent that allows a frequently used attack to stun is just as dumb as "mace stun" warriors. Yes, arms warriors who equipped a 2H-mace would randomly stun their target for 3 sec and it proc'd often. Most retarded thing ever, but this is a close second.

Are you really complaining about mages? Wow. Find something else to do. Fire and arcane mages explode if you sneeze on them, and frost can hold up longer but does pitiful damage. Nobody who's whining about mages in legion has even an inkling of what's broken.

WW monks are and have been "broken" for all of legion...and if you play one and lose to mages, just uninstall and go back to dota or whatever 3-button derper game you came from.
    Frost does pitiful dmg, yeah no rogue/mage is beyond broken because of mages now. Ww monks are not broken, they have nothing after their burst, survive it and they are just noodle punching. And you complain about karma? are you playing 1v1s or Arenas? since when they pop it they get mass ccd so they get no benefit from it.
    Im pretty sure you wpvp when you say mages die instantly, yet they are probably the most tanky caster in pvp (arenas) atm.

- - - Updated - - -

No, mages are not broken. They were buffed slightly, but none of the specs are particularly threatening as far as casters go. Mages lost cold snap, lost iceblock heal, their shields were effectively nerfed to the point of being useless. DH and WW are the only broken classes now. Other classes have issues that should be toned down, but WW and DH stand out as having class-wide tuning issues, where they're too good compared to similar classes.
    frost mage got cold snap tho

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post
    to be fair WW burst was kinda insane. Not saying OP just really really good. So that it was harder to counter in low skill brackets and those apparently matter to our tablet playing dev team
    same with destro locks, were rather ok, in higher brackets we could burst, but a simple interupt or defencive would make a deswtro lock get fucked...

but because people in low bracket dident know how to do that... well they nerfed destro to be horrid... now destro locks do meh in pvp and are WRECKED if they are interupted...

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Ret in vanilla? That's interesting!
    im pretty sure they don't even pvp. they probably get one shotted by one in wpvp when they do the warden towers or the FFA stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    There just is no logical thinking is there

You do realize that he posted that video right after 7.1.5 was dumped. Current arcane mages cannot one-shot anyone, and if you let them you probably deserve it.
    Lmao, so here you are talking about arcane not being able to one shot anymore, but were still complaining about DH in the other thread when DHs got nerfed even faster

Lmao, so here you are talking about arcane not being able to one shot anymore, but were still complaining about DH in the other thread when DHs got nerfed even faster
    The fact that you are both arguing while using a reference such as cartoonz speaks volumes about your levels.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    The fact that you are both arguing while using a reference such as cartoonz speaks volumes about your levels.
    Knew someone would bring that up. I linked it as the most basic way of showing how arcane can deliver one shots. It was proving a point. The poster I was responding to seemed to think that wasnt possible, and that video was the easiest way to show that it was indeed possible. Dismiss it if you like, but if you cant look at anything objectively then you are not worth talking to anyway.