Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    i really thought ShoeOnHead and Armoured Skeptic just made fun of stupid people in their videos. spot on again

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    i really thought ShoeOnHead and Armoured Skeptic just made fun of stupid people in their videos. spot on again
    What is it with this trend of Youtubers who are supposedly atheists/skeptics gradually shifting all of their content from mocking religious people to going after feminists and SJWs?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    What is it with this trend of Youtubers who are supposedly atheists/skeptics gradually shifting all of their content from mocking religious people to going after feminists and SJWs?
    Because it gets views.

It also made sense in the last few years due to the rise of SJWs. But they don't control a single thing in the government on a national level in the US and...what...two states?

So now when they should be turning to the actual problem now, the insanity of the Trump administration, they continue about "ess jay dubyas!" because a big part of their viewer base are actually Trump supporters or conservatives. Its fake handwringing over a group of people who have no power anymore, pretending they still do, while ignoring the actual crazy people who do have power.

The irony of it all is that they took the moniker of skeptic when they're anything but. Once again, outside of Chris Ray Gun and occasionally Shoe, all of them are as big of partisan ideologues as the people they go after.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-02-04 at 08:27 AM.

She made a very good point in her video; the only thing the protesters/rioters succeeded by silencing Milo was getting him on TV to talk to millions of people.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    They speak from the heart.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Really? Because did you miss when she spent about a minute toward the end talking about how the right does it too?
    Show me where in that quote I said the right doesn't. People want to do the same things, Feminism, BLM, Antifa may be much more closely aligned with fascist/communistic ideologies like Nazism, but violence against those people still isn't justified. I've never claimed anything otherwise.

Look, a perfect example of what I was talking about here:
    Yet again, you seem to forget that "All you did when you called people a "racist" or a "sexist" when it clearly didn't fit is that a bunch of people would laugh at you on the internet" happened to everyone. We've not been seeing riots started by the right, and if/when that happens I'll say the same thing.

The fact that you ignore that conservatives and Trumpettes are doing literally the exact same thing was probably the point of the video at the end of the day. That everybody was doing it. Interesting how you only took it as her talking about one side when she brought up Trump supporters as well.
    Except they aren't. Where's the conservative equivalent of BLM, anti-Trump riots, and UC Berkeley (Antifa in general)? "God hates fags" and protests of military funerals by WBC, despite just about everyone regardless of political affiliation or religious affiliation detesting that action?

The point stands against everyone. The entire point is that this goes both ways. This is why the curtailment of free speech (especially driven by the left lately, in particular regressives and feminists) is an issue. It doesn't work unless speech you disagree with is also allowed, no matter what your beliefs.

There was a time the right was just as censorship happy as the left is today, it was within my lifetime, but it's interesting you don't bring that up.

You really want to get into this discussion of labels? How long have conservatives or Republicans in the United States sit there and tar those on the left and trying to demean the word "liberal?" It went as far back as them using the word hippie to demean and mock anybody who didn't agree with them.
    "Hippie" ascribed a set of beliefs those people actually had. This is not that. This is progressives believing that they are so fundamentally anti-bigotry in every thought that anyone who disagrees with them must automatically be racist, sexist, homophobic, etc, when they are clearly not.

Calling Antifa a fascist group, for instance, isn't wrong because that word actually does describe their actions and beliefs. Calling BLM a terror group when they openly advocate for violence to further their political beliefs isn't wrong, it's accurate. And calling modern liberals illiberal is also accurate (because they've done more damage to the label "liberal" than any conservative effort ever could have).

"Liberal Media!" has been spouted way longer than any other like of platitude on either side, several times over. Its the literal exact same thing. But in typical conservative strategy, now that the other side has a group of idiots doing the same thing, they spin around, falling over themselves, to pretend that only the left is doing this. Republicans made a 30 year political party off of the idea of "LIBURLS!" and shaking their fist to the sky.
    It's not the exact same thing. That describes a fundamental bias in news organizations, and it's factually accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I'm not really sure who she's talking about. Antifa or liberals? Because the spray paint clearly shows antifa are no friends of liberals. And according to UC Berkeley the protests were peaceful until Antifa showed up.
    Those protesters weren't liberals, they were progressives (neo-liberals, cultural marxists, SJWs, regressives, etc), and they've been violent in recent riots and protests as well. I don't think you can solely blame Antifa, but they're just the big bad agitator as of late. What's worse is that the media that falls squarely into this progressive mindset doesn't actually condemn these actions either, they just minimize them, just like they did with the whole kidnapping a white retard and cutting his head.

When the people standing around do nothing to stop Antifa members assaulting people, you can't imagine they much care about what's happening. If I'm standing next to someone I disagree with about everything and some idiot with a mask walks up and starts punching this person, I'm going to very quickly intervene.

It's not too much to ask to have people agree regardless of their political beliefs that violence is too far, the line is words, and if you want to change something you convince people with words and get votes.

It also made sense in the last few years due to the rise of SJWs. But they don't control a single thing in the government on a national level in the US and...what...two states?
    The whole reason it was a focus was because it's what the left has become, not because it was just some insane fringe thing. They did that with Christians and flat Earthers and it got old instantly.

So now when they should be turning to the actual problem now, the insanity of the Trump administration, they continue about "ess jay dubyas!" because a big part of their viewer base are actually Trump supporters or conservatives. Its fake handwringing over a group of people who have no power anymore, pretending they still do, while ignoring the actual crazy people who do have power.
    Hi CNN.

I know this is where you get your news because the only thing you do focus on is the negative (in this case factually inaccurate and fabricated feels-type negatives, your fear for example, your emotion drives this, not reason), and yet you still fail miserably to even address Trump's actual faults. I don't understand how the media fails so miserably to do this when the people they claim as "alt right nazis" do it on a daily basis better than they can. But the most enjoyable part is watching people who don't bother actually ever learning about anything, doing any research, or actually checking sources repeat their literally retarded arguments.

I watch a lot of news and opinion shows, and virtually every one of them is anti-Trump, and I've yet to hear any argument any of those people have made on any MSM news organization. Not one. Try harder.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-02-04 at 09:12 AM.

Jesus the cognitive dissonance...

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Those protesters weren't liberals, they were progressives (neo-liberals, cultural marxists, SJWs, regressives, etc), and they've been violent in recent riots and protests as well. I don't think you can solely blame Antifa, but they're just the big bad agitator as of late. What's worse is that the media that falls squarely into this progressive mindset doesn't actually condemn these actions either, they just minimize them, just like they did with the whole kidnapping a white retard and cutting his head.

When the people standing around do nothing to stop Antifa members assaulting people, you can't imagine they much care about what's happening. If I'm standing next to someone I disagree with about everything and some idiot with a mask walks up and starts punching this person, I'm going to very quickly intervene.

It's not too much to ask to have people agree regardless of their political beliefs that violence is too far, the line is words, and if you want to change something you convince people with words and get votes.
    There have been massive amounts of protests recently and relatively little violence outside of black bloc antifa stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    There have been massive amounts of protests recently and relatively little violence outside of black bloc antifa stuff.
    'Member when GamerGate was happening and those of us who were pro-GG were talking about how all the "MANY GAMERS ARE BAD!" people were taking one or two individuals and blowing them all out of proportion? And 'member when all those people were talking about how that's laughably intellectually dishonest?

I member. And I also member how those exact same people are doing literally the same thing with the very few leftist protesters who are acting like idiots. Ignore the millions of protesters who peacefully demonstrated against Donal Turnip, WE ALL NEED TO TALK ABOUT THAT ONE LADY WHO SCREAMED ON INAUGURATION DAY! Or...WE ALL NEED TO TALK ABOUT HOW ANTIFA IS REPRESENTATIVE OF ALL LIBURLS APPARENTLY!

Welcome to 2017, where blatant hypocrites pretend to have the moral authority now because the power dynamics of the country have flipped again.

BUT DA LIBURL MEDIA!
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-02-04 at 09:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that Boxxy?

I couldn't stand more than 15 seconds of the video, sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Basically what I think the truth is too. I like Shoe, she's one of the few "anti-SJWs" left who doesn't always, immediately jump on a bandwagon like virtually everybody else does these days, however she still does it all the time. She has really no actual interesting analysis. It reminds me of a 5th or 6th grader discovering what politics is and pretending that some basic opinion is some amazing point. But at least she calls out retards like Gavin McInnes in the video still. Any other anti-sjw (Except maybe Chris Ray Gun) would just say all "liburls!" do it.

This is the new anti-SJW bullshit thing. Pretend that there's some gigantic, wide-spread "problem" about everybody being called a Nazi and it being ok to hit them...only because Richard Spencer, literally an admitted white-nationalist, was called a Nazi. Now whenever some dumbass online says it, they all line up and pretend that one retard on the internet saying it is the same thing.

Its the new conservative/anti-SJW tactic to equate the lulcows in antifa with all liberals; so absolutely stupid. I honestly have no where to actually go as a liberal. I used to support anti-SJW people until they went completely fucking insane with Trump and still pretend some idiot saying there's 100000000 genders out there is some actual problem still when they're just a joke to laugh at.

But people like her, Lauren Southern, and Blaire White (A trans woman) are held up as some amazing pillar. I don't think its a coincidence that they get way more popularity than other people saying literally the same things, like Sargon of Akkad for example. They're just used to reinforce the echo chamber because "zomg a woman!" or in Blaire's case ("zomg a trans woman!") "agrees with us! WE CAN'T BE WRONG!"

Fuck everybody. I'm so tired of every side at this point. SJWs being total retards. Anti-SJWs doing backflips now whenever anyone criticizes Trump by pretending MTV doing some stupid lulzy video about white people is somehow more troubling rather than ever criticizing Trump. Just end the world already. SJWs being antithetical to their own supposed ideology while anti-SJWs painting all liberals as being SJWs.
    It's not that the "100000x genders" type people are a problem; it's that they are actually popular and must be debated and criticized. There is not a mass consensus to laugh at those people; look how many fucking subscribers Laci Green has. That's all the proof you need that there are tons of morons out there who actually buy into the SJW nonsense.

As for why some of the women are gaining more popularity than the men in the "Secular anti-SJW" sect, that's hard to pinpoint. Personally I find her style of presentation as more annoying than Sargon or Armoured Skeptic. So I guess I'm in the minority there?

The message from these people has never been "all liberals are SJWs." That would be retarded, considering most of the people you listed are self-proclaimed liberals. But there are clear issues which need to be addressed: corporate influence in the Democratic Party, a shift into identity politics, acceptance of violence for political gain, etc. If these were such trivial issues as you claim, then there wouldn't be millions who support those beliefs.

edit: Gavin McInnes has said some really dumb shit about "god" and the impact of video games. He's your typical conservative partisan, blah blah blah. I'm sure he makes blanket statements about liberals. But the secular anti-sjw people do not make those statements, at least none that I watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    The message from these people has never been "all liberals are SJWs." That would be retarded, considering most of the people you listed are self-proclaimed liberals. But there are clear issues which need to be addressed: corporate influence in the Democratic Party, a shift into identity politics, acceptance of violence for political gain, etc. If these were such trivial issues as you claim, then there wouldn't be millions who support those beliefs.
    I'll never quite understand the identity politics criticism coming from the right considering the courts just had to overturn gay marriage bans made by the right like 2 years ago. And some in the right are still complaining about not being able to discriminate against LGBT.

But the secular anti-sjw people do not make those statements, at least none that I watch.
    ...lol just watch Sargon of Akkad, Blaire White, Lauren Southern, ect. They all do, constantly.

Gavin McInnes has said some really dumb shit about "god" and the impact of video games. He's your typical conservative partisan, blah blah blah. I'm sure he makes blanket statements about liberals.
    Interesting how they're almost never called out on it, huh? Shoe and Chris Ray Gun seem to be the only ones who ever do. In fact, not only do they never call him and others like him out on it, they often knee-jerk defend him without any facts because of...reasons? I don't know why they do it. SOME of them call themselves liberals, yet I've never seen some of them espouse a single liberal idea ever.

Take McInnes punching somebody. For a good 24-48 hours after that happened, political Youtube space was flooded with people defending him, pretending him getting hit back was the aggravating action. It was just a deluge of, "LIBURLS HIT CONSERVATIVE!" and only, once again, Shoe and Chris Ray Gun were all, "There's total proof that he instigated it and hit somebody first."

After that? Silence. I wouldn't honestly give the time of day to this kind of hypocrisy if those same people didn't go around thumping their chests that they are skeptics. They aren't.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-02-04 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
    Is that Boxxy?
    It isn't? I assumed it was...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nowt like watching a hipster moan.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2017-02-05 at 08:51 AM.