Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

6 Nations Rugby 2017

So, today the 6 Nations starts! So I thought, why not have a thread to discuss the games and predictions!

I'll make a table with the standings etc, and post game schedules. That's all the come!

In the meanwhile, why not start of with some predictions? Who do you think is going to win it this year? And do you think they'll get a grand slam?

Who's going to walk away with the wooden spoon?

Get discussing while I update the thread gradually!

Edit: Little link here to the new bonus point system and rules: http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/news/3...yIylm2VrkR1.97

Table

Pos Team PL W D L PTS
    England
    Ireland
    France
    Scotland
    Wales
    Italy

England are the RBS 6 Nations 2017 Champions!

Schedule

Saturday 4th February 2017

Scotland (27) - Ireland (22) at BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh (14:25 GMT / 15:25 CET) - REPORT
    England (19) - France (16) at Twickenham Stadium, London (16:50 GMT / 17:50 CET) - REPORT

Sunday 5th February 2017

Italy (7) - Wales (33) at Stadio Olimpico, Rome (14:00 GMT / 15:00 CET) - REPORT

Saturday 11th February 2017

Italy (10) - Ireland (63) at Stadio Olimpico, Rome (14:25 GMT / 15:25 CET) - REPORT
    Wales (16) - England (21) at Principality Stadium, Cardiff (16:50 GMT / 17:50 CET) - REPORT

Sunday 12th February 2017

France (22) - Scotland (16) at Stade de France, Paris (15:00 GMT / 16:00 CET) - REPORT

Saturday 25th February 2017

Scotland (29) - Wales (13) at BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh (14:25 GMT / 15:25 CET) - REPORT
    Ireland (19) - France (9) at Aviva Stadium, Dublin (16:50 GMT / 17:50 CET) - REPORT

Sunday 26th February 2017

England (36) - Italy (15) at Twickenham Stadium, London (15:00 GMT / 16:00 CET) - REPORT

Friday 10th March 2017

Wales (22) - Ireland (9) at Principality Stadium, Cardiff (20:05 GMT / 21:05 CET) - REPORT

Saturday 11th March 2017

Italy (18) - France (40) at Stadio Olimpico, Rome (13:30 GMT / 14:30 CET) - REPORT
    England (61) - Scotland (21) at Twickenham Stadium, London (16:00 GMT / 17:00 CET) - REPORT

Saturday 18th March 2017

Scotland (29) - Italy (0) at BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh (12:30 GMT / 13:30 CET) - REPORT
    France (20) - Wales (18) at Stade de France, Paris (14:45 GMT / 15:45 CET) - REPORT
    Ireland (13) - England (9) at Aviva Stadium, Dublin (17:00 GMT / 18:00 CET) - REPORT
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-03-19 at 08:45 PM.

Ty for making this! Ages since we've discussed Rugby on this forum it feels.

I'm hoping England win it, I assume if we play as we did last year we should, I expect Scotland to take the Wooden Spoon, because they're dire.

- - - Updated - - -

So I slate Scotland as dire and now they're beating Ireland, I don't even.

10+ Year Old Account
    0 relevant teams in this comp! xD Go Ireland i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    0 relevant teams in this comp! xD Go Ireland i guess?
    You guys should focus on getting better than your neighbours

- - - Updated - - -

Ok good Scotland collapsing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Scotland ahead again, what an upset it would be if they were to win

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL, Nerph watches Rugby.

England have had a slow start to this game, poor pass early on cost them. Hopefully they can turn the heat up now after levelling.

Deleted
    An ugly win, but a win is a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, easily the worst win and performance from England under Eddie Jones, nowhere near the explosive, sublime team we've seen usually. Hopefully gives Wales some hope to win the tournament after England looking shoddy and Ireland getting beaten by Scotland, not holding my breath though as Wales have been so dire the past 2-3 years. I'd actually like to see Scotland win it for once haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    An ugly win, but a win is a win.
    True, a win and points is all that matters at the end of the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Ty for making this! Ages since we've discussed Rugby on this forum it feels.

I'm hoping England win it, I assume if we play as we did last year we should, I expect Scotland to take the Wooden Spoon, because they're dire.

- - - Updated - - -

So I slate Scotland as dire and now they're beating Ireland, I don't even.
    I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion about Scotland. They were decent last year, if perhaps let down by a lack of experience. They had a solid winter though, by no means would I call them "dire".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion about Scotland. They were decent last year, if perhaps let down by a lack of experience. They had a solid winter though, by no means would I call them "dire".
    The best home nation at the World Cup, and should've made it through to the final.

Deleted
    I think the only Home Nation that won't really be in contention this year will be Ireland, Scotland had a great world cup and they've built on that over the winter.

No New Zealand so not a real rugby tournament sorry

Deleted
    Italy are a joke. They should let the Georgians play them for promo/relegation since the Georgains won the B torney 5 times.

Ohsnap didn't even realize we had a 6 Nations thread. Glad to see Scotland look dangerous again. World Cup was a bitter pill to swallow with that Ref at the end. France also looking back to their old selves even if they couldn't hold on against England. If the consistency is there it could be one of the most competitive 6 Nations in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wales should have picked up the extra points today, they may regret that

Deleted
    England will get the grand slam again when they get a little passion

15+ Year Old Account
    predictions for today?

Ireland should thump Italy, and I have a bad feeling Wales are going to beat England.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    predictions for today?

Ireland should thump Italy, and I have a bad feeling Wales are going to beat England.
    We should have thumped Scotland last week so I would still take Italy with a grain of salt, missing Sexton is still going to be felt hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    We should have thumped Scotland last week so I would still take Italy with a grain of salt, missing Sexton is still going to be felt hard.
    I'm not so sure, Scotland seemed to have improved the last year. Scotland showed they were no walk over. If I were a betting man (or if I had money ;D) I'd be tempted to bet on them beating France tomorrow.

No Sexton is definitely going to be felt, but I'm confident you'll beat the Italians.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-02-11 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no understating how terrible this Italy team is.