Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

RIFT Customer Support puts a limit on how many bugs they will fix for you

As you may or not be aware, RIFT is pretty much falling apart - well, what's left and working of it. A new DLC was released 16 Nov 2016 and after a few days, it was actually playable. A week or two later, some of the achievements, quests were fixed too.

It's almost 3 months later and no raid has been added to the game. "Endgame" consists of 2 new 5-man dungeons and 1 x rehash. It took them a while to get dungeons actually working. They are still buggy, however.

The touted LFR has still seemingly been unable to be fixed properly with numerous bugs in the system. Most people don't even bother using it. The Fortress Siege "feature" which is a glorified zone event is in shambles. Interest in it has waned so much and bugs are preventing the remaining people completing it.

It's been out for almost a month and it's still broken/bugged with full 10 man groups taking 20 minutes (or more) to queue.
    THREAD: LFR Busted

Most raiding guilds are gone as the next raid, a 10 man with 4 bosses will only be released one month from now - based on their track record of incompetence and inability to fix bugs, expect this to take probably another month (or more) to fix. Their LFR system was crashing with 130 people (13 groups in the queue) and they called this "busy". Servers were crashing as the combined players across ALL shards/servers were about 500 or so people in the same zone at the same time - this is in part due to their own definition of "load balancing" - putting ALL players from all shards/servers on one server.

So, what have people been doing to pass the time with no real end-game content? Achievement Hunting.

However, if an achievement is bugged and NOT granted? RIFT's customer support has a new surprise for you! You can only have them fixed a certain number of times.

Yes, Trion's bad coding being reported is an inconvenience to them, so you are limited to how many bugged achievements you may report.

You can't make this sh*t up: CLICK HERE for the thread on the official forums.

RIFT STARFALL PROPHECY. BUYER BEWARE.
    I'll stop posting the facts and absurdities about RIFT when they offer ALL customers a FULL, UNCONDITIONAL REFUND.

One guy even put in a VIDEO of him completing his achievement and they didn't help him.
    In another instance of really bad customer support, a guy was overcharged US$10 of an item on special and Trion CS refused to refund him. The friggin' CEO had to step in and help him - only after he posted it on REDDIT. LINK HERE

I'm not playing any more. Neither are most of the other people I knew in-game. This is just crazy to watch.

ps. RIFT: Producers let has been slated for AFTER 4.1 patch with raid is released - yes, the 2017 "development plan" letter will be in March/April 2017
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-02-05 at 06:49 AM. Reason: added more instances of horror stories revealed of poor CS

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You can't make this sh*t up: CLICK HERE for the thread on the official forums.

-snip-

ps. RIFT: Producers let has been slated for AFTER 4.1 patch with raid is released - yes, the 2017 "development plan" letter will be in March/April 2017
    The saddest thing about that forum thread by far are the people trying to suggest that it is somehow the players fault that they weren't correctly awarded an achivement. I really don't get that kind of attutude, one can hardly fault the player themselves for completing achievements, that is afterall why you get a huge logbook full of them. The blame can only lie with Trion if an in game system is working incorrectly, I don't say that maliciously, simply to point out that it is afterall their bugs that are causing the problem, not the players who are completing achivements.

Sure, there will always be a minority who might try their luck at convicing CS to give them an achivement for free, but I expect that is exceptionally rare. I'm confident that the vast majority of people who are ticketing CS do so with the best of intentions, and to suggest that your fellow players are somehow abusing the system for their own ends just strikes me as a lazy way to deflect from the real issues.

As for the producers letter, I don't see what's so bad about it being after 4.1. We already know where Rift is heading going into the next patch, so having a letter to reaffirm that is redundent. One to tell us what the Devs plan on doing after 4.1 however would be welcome. It had best be a good letter though, Trion need to work hard to restore player confidence in them as a company and in Rift as a brand.

Think the 2 worst MMOs for CS are FF14 and Rift imo. Not surprised they can't be bothered to fix things.

Oh god, that response from Archonix...

At the end of the day it falls on the development team to make sure we get these issues resolved much faster then we have in the past. Our focus for 2017 is bringing back much of the quality that has been lacking in our updates as of late.
    A HIGHER LEVEL OF POLISH WAS LITERALLY ONE OF YOUR KEY SELLING POINTS FOR THE EXPANSION AND HOW YOU WERE JUSTIFYING THE RETURN TO CHARGING FOR THEM. The Rift team has completely lost all sense of self awareness. This is just gross to watch now, they're either completely oblivious or lying, neither of which is a good option.

And this would literally not be a problem if people weren't bored out of their skulls due to the fact that there's nothing to do in-game right now. This continues to be heartbreaking to watch.

Deleted
    *Grabs popcorn and waits for Slipmat to somehow justify this*

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    *Grabs popcorn and waits for Slipmat to somehow justify this*
    That clown still spinning any shit Trion comes up with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    I think so

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    He claims he doesn't but well mods here see right past it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The best response was that if players had actual things to do, there might not be so many achievement requests for old, bugged content.

Too bad there's no relevant content, months into the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    He claims he doesn't but well mods here see right past it.
    A person got banned for "harassment on a Trion employee" or some shit, after calling out Slipmat.

The circlejekers on the official RIFT forums make me actually cringe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus. What a shitshow.
    I'll just have to remember fondly t1 and original Hammerknell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just leave this here, fairly sure i'll take the word of the Devs and guys in charge over a few butthurt ex-players anytime.

Yes, there are some (many) seriously broken achievements, and yes there is an internal push to prioritize fixing or reworking those right now and to change how many achievements are authored in the future to avoid these issues going forward.

But yes - once many players realized that CS would grant most achievements in good faith, the abuse of that faith became rampant. That is why NO there will not be a public list of the broken achievements that can still be granted for now in good faith because such a list would just be an announcement of "Petition these for free achievements".

No one at Trion is saying there isn't a lot here that is on us - because there clearly is. But we also had to address the high volume of bad faith tickets that slow down CS response time for ALL issues
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5287500

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I'll just leave this here, fairly sure i'll take the word of the Devs and guys in charge over a few butthurt ex-players anytime.

How dare you bring logic and reason to a complaint thread! /s

"We're not in Azeroth anymore"

10+ Year Old Account

Since you're cherry-picking - as usual - let me return the favour:

Archonix (RIFT Producer) in the same thread: "At the end of the day it falls on the development team to make sure we get these issues resolved much faster then we have in the past. Our focus for 2017 is bringing back much of the quality that has been lacking in our updates as of late. Achievements are definitely included in that list."

Tacitus (DEV): "Yes, there are some (many) seriously broken achievements, and yes there is an internal push to prioritize fixing or reworking those right now and to change how many achievements are authored in the future to avoid these issues going forward."

The "(many)" in brackets that I highlighted in red is his own text. He admits there are many bugged achievements. So, they're aware of many bugs, but you're only permitted one fix every six months.

Then, the cowardice is displayed of just how clueless and indefensible the state of the game currently is: this thread was made: "Thread: RIFT Forged In Flame Grillstream!"

Archonix, TrionBrasse were going to appear on the last Friday Live Stream and answer questions. Excuses were made. No indication of a postponement. Thread is currently CLOSED and DISMISSED.

TRIONBRASSE: Now it's time to help Brasse grill Executive Producer Chris "Archonix" Junior over those very same flames for answers to your burning questions about this update... and maybe, just maybe, one or two hints on what else is coming in 2017.

What happened? They chickened out. RIFT got sock-puppets - again - on the stream.

At the last moment, The ENTIRE RIFT CM, Management suddenly got "flu" and chickened out of the live grilling.

Flu appears to be prevalent whenever they are slow to perform - same excuse earlier in the year. They then dumped their underlings in the front-line.

TRIONBRASSE: "As it turns out, half the team is out sick with serious, awful, terribad flu today, including Archonix and myself. DeadSimon, Dakmoon and CaptainCursor will be on the stream though.

For the people who posted productive, terrific questions, thank you. I've compiled a list for the folks on stream. Not all of the questions are specific to 4.1 but let's see what the team can answer during the time they have today.

Closing the thread now. See you next week.
    Brasse"
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-02-05 at 08:57 AM.

Bloody hell, he is actually pinning the blame for this one on the players. He admits that there are many broken achivements, then points the finger elsewhere. In one idiotic move he's tainted the achivements for those who have genuinely earned them and legitimised those people who are already blaming the games players for many of its other faults too.

I don't think there are Picard facepalm memes facepalmy enough for me to express what an absolute tool this man is. It's absolutely indefensible.

I'm pretty sure they appreciate it and are thankful there's actually someone left who does.

So basically trying to blame the players. Why am I not surprised?

So, in your opinion, every person complaining about the fact that they are not able to earn broken achievements are...ex-players? How does that make a lick of sense?

Or are you talking about us? Because there's a mix here, with some like myself no longer playing but still giving a shit about the game. Yes, despite your obstinate refusal to believe that people like me can exist, we do! And most of the ex-players her pretty firmly fit into that category. If we didn't still care, we wouldn't be here, bro.

Also, I'm not sure what you think the bolded is supposed to mean. How can Trion know if that faith has been abused or not? Their achievements don't bloody work and they have no way of tracking if players actually have completed them or not. So for all they know, literally 100% of players putting in tickets could be in 100% good faith, with all having successfully completed the achievements requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, didn't realise all MMO players are trustworthy, outstanding pillars of the Gaming Community and would never, ever abuse a system that takes their 'complaint' in good faith, issues achievements, restores gear and would never assume the players abused/exploited/cheated ever!!

My faith in Humanity is restored.