What are most monks using to track stagger?

So its time i learn to BrM. been WW and MW for a looong time but always avoided tanking.

That being said, the baked in solution by my UI has gone down the shitter and the dev is MIA so it likely will never be fixed.

Anyone? Addon? a WA?

appreciate it :P

I use Sunnier's suite of weak auras.

Has pretty much all the info I want + a few self made additions.

Weak auras. The same thing I use to track any needed cd information or other things you can't/don't want to miss. If I had to turn all but one add on off, I would keep weak auras. As for Sunnier her stuff is great coming across her site a few years ago was extremely useful. http://sunniersartofwar.com/brewmaster/weak-auras/ is the direct link to her BrM WA.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I actually just use the base stagger bar that blizzard gives and ive had no issues with it at all. In WoD I just used a weak aura to track my stagger

You constantly sit at above 100% stagger in raids. You won't get all the information you need from base UI. 300% stagger needs to be purified, but it looks exactly the same as 100% stagger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I use Sunnier's suite of weak auras.

Has pretty much all the info I want + a few self made additions.
    Yeah, I also use a modified version of Sunnier's Stagger WA.

Simple WeakAuras that shows icon with percent of max health being Staggered, as seen here.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2017-02-05 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    What does that mean? I main mw, so I just assumed stagger is capped at your max hp, since that's what the default stagger bar shows.
    Staggered damage has no cap beyond what you can survive. You can easily have Stagger values that are 300% of your health pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    IceHUD Stagger module. IceHUD is an incredibly good addon and I'm honestly surprised so few people use it. It's a very, very efficient way to have pivotal data close to the middle of your screen without wasting huge amounts of visual space.

River's normalized stagger bar is pretty nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Hm, good to know. I might as well ask another question then - how exactly does ironskin brew math work? Does it bump your stagger to 80 % physical and 40 % magical, or is it 40 * 1.4 = 56 % physical and 28 % magical?
    It bumps to 80/40.

I only use the elvui stagger tracker, isn't that enough?

How are people getting to 300% stagger without their healers yelling at them? Mine start panicking when I'm at 150%.

Quote Originally Posted by zebrazoomba View Post
    How are people getting to 300% stagger without their healers yelling at them? Mine start panicking when I'm at 150%.
    When your co-tank dies.

I hit 400% stagger the other day on Heroic Tel'arn, solotank the entire last phase, up to 54 stacks (+800 % damage taken by the boss auto attacks).

Like the other have said, it's very important to be able to see the difference between a 100% stagger and a 300. It allow you to make better decision (often for me, it means not purify at 100 if I can avoid it) and build more ironskin time. And when shit hit the fan, you got enough uptime to purify like a maniac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Staggered damage has no cap beyond what you can survive. You can easily have Stagger values that are 300% of your health pool.
    Indeed, I tend to keep it as low as I can but stages against certain Mythic bosses i've held for an ability before clearing and reached 320%~ ha

Quote Originally Posted by Kattsumoto View Post
    River's normalized stagger bar is pretty nice
    agreed, it's what I use. slootbag also has a pretty good stagger bar.

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399