Switching to plate class, just looking for some insight

So I'm looking to switch to a plate class (playing rogue currently) for the sake of equality within my raid group, and we currently don't have a DK. Just looking for some insight from skilled DK players on how DK is feeling right now. According to logs it seems to be very strong output-wise, but I'm more looking for thoughts on the playstyle.

What kind of thinking/skill goes into the rotation, how cd dependent, RNG dependent, legendary dependent is frost DK. Also if there is any particularly good resources that I might be missing (high level raider who makes guides?).

Just some general thoughts/comments/complaints on if I might enjoy DK. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Uni73; 2017-02-04 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.o80tw16yc5n4

Maxwei unholy guide. Can't help with frost, sorry.

Deleted
    Ye right now the BoS (Breath of Sindragosa) build is one the best performing talents. It is kinda dependent on Legendary to be top tier (ring, waist & head, even sephuz have been working for some) as well as 4 Set bonus is almost required. BoS is a very min maxing build and can take some time to learn well, it's all about keeping Breath of Sindragosa up for a s long as possible. Otherwise both Unholy and the old Frost build is still strong, not the best specs but still viable.

Deleted
    Frost spec is a brainless spec (sorry...) it is so simple that its hard to make crucial mistakes. It's overall really strong, and is less dependent on RNG than unholy is.
    UH requires more timing combined with RNG gods being on your side.
    Both are really good, but frost is the easy goto spec, while also being the overall strongest

Yeah I know ill get flamed for saying that - but I just did!

Machinegun frost might have been straightforward, but BoS is hard to play optimally. You need to have a good understanding of boss abilities and timings. I see a lot of people complaining about BoS getting wasted, but in most cases this is due to improper planning. You also have to make a number of quick decisions during the breath/hrw window regarding oblit vs hb (mainly to keep RW going) and to avoid overlapping resources.

To the OP: as others have mentioned frost is sadly somewhat legendary dependent. You need to get two of belt/bracers/helm/ring before you start seeing higher end numbers. The spec is still strong regardless, but it really shines with the right pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Frost spec is a brainless spec (sorry...) it is so simple that its hard to make crucial mistakes. It's overall really strong, and is less dependent on RNG than unholy is.
    UH requires more timing combined with RNG gods being on your side.
    Both are really good, but frost is the easy goto spec, while also being the overall strongest

Yeah I know ill get flamed for saying that - but I just did!
    watch out there mr. Edgelord