Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    what rock you been living under.
    my current deployment status has me going to an undisclosed country that Russia shouldn't be in but has.
    There really is no example in history proving your point. You aren't suddenly facing war even less in this time and age. What has your focus, Russia, done that was not predictable? Ukraine was very unstable for a very long time reaching the breaking point with annexation of Crimea. This was not a sudden military "oh look we win, so take it"-action but a 99% political thing. And since I am not living under a rock and indeed have vast knowledge about social and political science I tell you that only people living in echo-chambers, rocks and whatnot will let their politics lead them into a full-out physical war.

Hell tbh any kid playing fantasy games like Civilization successful have more rationality than your scenario & reaction. Play it - you will be constantly the superpower that could easily take over all neighbors who bully or annoy you. But you will not win this game.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-02-06 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    . But you will not win this game.
    don't even need to fight it. as you already lost.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as a invader. I would NEVER go fight a war outside my country.

If the US is being invaded, then yes I could very easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

/10char
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I could. Honestly, I wouldn't take a combat position anyway. I don't believe in killing. The other side may be wrong. They may hate my country, but depending on the country in question, the other person just might have been forced into the armed services because X numer of years of service were required for every adult male. I don't believe war is right as those who declare it, rarely ever fight it. They send other people's children off to die while talking about supporting the troops or the honor of serving. Now my wife comes from a military family. Much of my family has served too. I have many friends who have served as well. None of them feel good about pulling the trigger. None of them talk about the fighting. The only stories I get are about the funny story when that happened one night with their buddies or how my father in law had a "pet" monkey when he was in the jungle. They don't talk about the combat much and I think its because its hard to face what they might have done. Its why ptsd is so rampant. So I rambled a bit, but I don't think I would willingly take another person's life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here in the 50 states? Yes for sure. In Europe, Asia or South America no. I'm too old to be drafted so it's not likely that it'll ever become a thing. I worry about my son though. This talk of war and never ending wars scare the shit out of me.

Yes, especially if it's ISIS. I would put bacon in his mouths afterwards, since that would prevent him from getting his virgins in the afterlife.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    don't even need to fight it. as you already lost.
    Not we two are talking while we have complete opposite opinions, ethics and well a lot of other differences as well. Yet it would take a lot more till we stop being friendly and begin a flame war against each other.

Very simplified yet similar.

I would never be in the situation in the first place. War breaks out? I run away and hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't think it's possible to ever forget witnessing a living, breathing entity, become a dead heap of rotting flesh in a matter of a few seconds.
    It's eerie how fragile life can be.
    Yep, that's why i'm talking of not seing the details. Seing a distant moving object stop moving after you pull the trigger is not same as ripping someone with a knife, i believe

Deleted
    honestly, Don't know.
    An I hope to god that I am never put in the postion of finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Yep, that's why i'm talking of not seing the details. Seing a distant moving object stop moving after you pull the trigger is not same as ripping someone with a knife, i believe
    Ancient and medieval battles where abit lets say more grusesome screams, shit, piss everywhere and people shopping limbs of, entrails everywhere etc etc it was more personal then today even if todays battles can be very grusesome to so im not downplaying any soldiers today doing a fine job killing their enemys.

Though warrior culture was a big thing then so people manned up or they followed orders whatever they still did their job in slaugtering eachother left and right.

I dont see how warrior culture can not be the same today some people like it some dont, some people are warriors some are not. For example it was the greatest honor to die in battle back then for some cultures so i dont think people where to troubled with it unless they where forced to do it, where slaves etc but they still had to follow orders or they would be killed by their own. Think you get used to it pretty quick.

For example imagine being a soldier in Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix legions fighting battles in Greece like Battle of Chaeronea and Battle of Orchomenus with Rome against Pontus, Romans where 30 thousand troops only, facing 120 thousands in one battle and the other they where 15 thousand facing 70 thousand and still only lost minimal amount of soldiers, 12 in one (obviously more but still extremely low) and in the other a 100 men ( would be higher but still extremely low) ancient sources where abit all over the place but it's not hard to imagine a professional army wiping the floor with a not so good army even when facing more then double the amount of troops.

I bet they loved it knowing they had a great general and thousands of professional friends by their side with very good moral, discipline and fighting skill facing mercenaries who fought for money. I would have loved it to knowing i had so many good soldiers by my side, one side is a professional killing machine and the other side not so much, they even say the romans taunted them asking them to come against them even when the romans where far far less troops. That's how much they enjoyed their job/warrior life, plus they got to see the world fighting in many different places.

Now being in a shitty army with poor leadership would obviously not be as fun where routs could led to entire armys being wiped out.

I would feel the same being in for example the us army knowing they are professionals who knows what they are doing with tons of experience.

Hmm abit OT there but point is some love it some dont.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-07 at 12:57 PM.

Probably not, but I never asked myself that question as I live in a neutral country and can't think of any reason where I would end up in that situation

If it's a WWII type war then there is no running away, unless you're just trying to prolong your own life for just a little longer.

I could.
    I could also shoot a fellow human for breaking into my home.

If I put some thought into it, I could think of a number of reasons I would shoot a fellow human to be honest.

Sure i will kill a hordy boy when he is face to face with a rare elit

If everyone thought the best way to protect your ideals was to give up and die then there would be nobody left to protect those ideals.

Deleted
    With the right amont of drugs, or with proper brainwashing, you can do everything your masters tells you to do.