Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

World 1st rewards

what do u guys think bout this? a guild has worked hard to kill guldan mythic as 1st in the whole world. now look blizzard says "congrats exorsus" and thats it. seriously? but other things for example: before 7.15 came out they announced like 10 times that useless micro holidays crap or "pandaria time walking dungeons will be possible"(like its something soooo special). and now some guild has managed to clear MYTHIC Nighthold, what is way more special than stuff like that micro holidays but all blizzard does is saying "congrats"? im still new to WoW, is it always like this?, enlighten me if im wrong, but thats just the experience i made and they way i feel

I doubt the guilds care about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    your opinion means fuckall to other players.

i dont care about world firsts its not anything special to me. it happens every damn tier.

micro holidays are fun, i deserve to have fun things just like you deserve to have new raid tears.

7.1.5 is a half of a patch, for us plebs that enjoy fun stuff. you get the other prominent patches.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-02-05 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

You get a shiny guild achievement that says "World First-Gul'dan", and multiple pieces of loot that most won't ever see dropped. Sounds like a good reward to me.

Deleted
    The fame is the reward.

Deleted
    Never in WoWs history have there been WF rewards. And still enough people care that they push hard for it.

You get e-peen for it. Thats enough. No need to do anyting extra.

They have sponsors, many of them stream and have good Twich followings and get revenue from that.

So they get money for playing a game they enjoy and putting a truckload of effort into it.

Feels like enough, no?

Deleted
    They knew there was no special reward when they started, just like there hasn't been for the last 12 years of this game.

Realm First achievement is still a realm wide broadcast though, so you still get quite some recognition.

Whatever happened to hard work being its own reward? Damn millennials.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    What does this have to do with millennials? Are you high right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    See that's the thing; As engaged as I feel to work and produce things, I'm significantly unwilling to do such while I'm required to work just to survive.

I'm not going to say I wouldn't just waste my life goofing off if I could, but, I distinctly refuse to produce because I have to work anyway.

not that I imagine I have much to offer.

You know what would be a cool, humble and simple way to do this? Carve their name in to the raid summoning stone. A little tiny plaque at the bottom that would list World First and Realm First completion. It's nothing extravagant, you're already rewarded with gear, achievements and mounts so there isn't any need for anything like that. Just a small ode to the champions who first defeated the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    What does this have to do with millennials? Are you high right now?
    I don't think he is a millennial, so no. He isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    You know what would be a cool, humble and simple way to do this? Carve their name in to the raid summoning stone. A little tiny plaque at the bottom that would list World First and Realm First completion. It's nothing extravagant, you're already rewarded with gear, achievements and mounts so there isn't any need for anything like that. Just a small ode to the champions who first defeated the raid.
    That's not a bad idea.

Fame and more achknowledgement

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I don't think he is a millennial, so no. He isn't.
    Only millenials get high?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    See that's the thing; As engaged as I feel to work and produce things, I'm significantly unwilling to do such while I'm required to work just to survive.

I'm not going to say I wouldn't just waste my life goofing off if I could, but, I distinctly refuse to produce because I have to work anyway.

not that I imagine I have much to offer.
    I love you. You're funny, and you sound like you can go much, much higher.

But, the terms of production have to be set early, and they have to be respected. No compromise on supply and demand.

All I'm saying is, isn't it enough to overcome the hardest challenge that the game has to offer with all of your fellow raidmates?

There are a lot of capable players who can't even get a spot into those guilds, either because they lack breasts or because they don't know the right folks. World Firsts are one hell of an event to have a front seat for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    this is nice, i like this idea!!!!!!!!!!

i doubt that these days a WF is that special...

ofc it is special in terms of everything surrounding. but in the grand scheme of things.... naaaah. to me, black temple WF was special. naxx40 was special. Lich WF was special. Sunwell was special. but Guldan WF ? Its just 1 of the top guilds had more lucky RNG than the others and killed a meaningless endboss in a meaningless streamlined millenials-game. nothing special there. at least for me.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-02-05 at 11:10 AM.