Help with frost mage playstyle

I switched over from Fire and was wondering what the rotation is, any openers like Fire and pyro fishing etc?

Right now i'm on Ray of frost/IF/incanter's flow/Frozen touch/frost bomb/thermal void.

I start with Ray of frost, then IV and Frozen Orb immediately and just spam Frostbolt and use whatever procs immediately like Flurry or Ice Lance, no idea when to use Ebonbolt.

I also noticed when i cast Ray of Frost, ebonbolt's tooltip changes from dealing 489k dmg to 560k, is there synergy between these 2 spells?

Just fooling around on the dummy i managed to do 360k with no buffs/lust. On fire i did 400k.

Is there anything in particular i need to read or watch?

Deleted
    If you are new to frost I would go with a simpler talent setup

BC/IF/FT/UM/TV.

Make sure to always cast frostbolt or Ebonbolt directly before a Flurry.

If you have no procs available use ebonbolt is higher prio than water jet.

A fight only needs a small amount of cleave for splitting ice to be stronger than Frozen touch.

Feel free to ask any more Qs you have

I just read AT's guide to frost, aside from the opener of Ebon+Flurry+IL, i'm just spamming stuff, no idea what i'm doing honestly.

For adds i do Frost bomb/frozen orb and ice lance spam. For bosses do i just spam and cast Frostbolt+Flurry whenever the proc is up? IL is always spammed on proc? Or should i save 1 IL for flurry proc. And Ebon is use on cd as well?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    You might want to try and control your IL spam and have some ready for when you reach the 3 stack of Chain Reaction (talent from the artifact weapon). Since it increases the IL damage, I think it was nerfed a bit lately but it's still 30% extra damage at the 3 stack level. It's not like you want to sit at max stack with FOF and wait for it but you would want to have some ready for when it happens. The main problem is that it's a fairly short buff so you have to cast/weave frostbolts and IL together to keep it up. I'm unsure about how effective it is to focus on this tho.

I'm confused on Shatter. What is it exactly?

Also, i read through the GS build on AT and tried it out, seems viable but i'm still gonna try TV build instead.

So my understanding is,

1) Use FoF procs whenever available but save maximum 2 for Chain Reaction X3. IF no FoF procs but CR X3, use it after Flurry.

2) Which brings me to my next understanding, Flurry causes the next IL, even if not FoF, to crit, so if Flurry procs, always FrostBolt + Flurry + IL.

3) Save Frozen Orb for adds during boss encounters, and spec Splitting Ice or Frost Bomb to burst them.

4) IV use on cooldown, and just spam Frostbolt til i get a Flurry proc, then FBolt+Flurry+IL.

Am I about right? Forgot to log my H EN test runs with Frost so no logs, gonna do a test run in H EN again tomorrow.