Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Flying mounts almost ruined the world, its nice occasional gimmick but being able to fly whenever and whereever you want makes the world boring place.

Deleted
    I don't miss flying, but I also don't mind if it comes back. Honestly, it really hasn't affected my gameplay experience at all, if it's there, neat. If it's not there, whatever, I don't mind, when I log on I don't find myself thinking about it at all, it's even gotten to the point that I'm forgetting to use my flying mount in old content because I'm used to using the ground mount after WoD and Legion. I don't really know why people are so passionate about it on either side, it seems like a weird thing to care so much about imo.

You know how many times I heard people complain there was no flying in Vanilla? Zero. You know how many times I heard people complain about no flying on Azeroth when you could in Outland? Zero. Same goes for Wrath and Northrend, I heard nobody ever complain. But when Crapaclysm (which seems like the best expansion when compared to WoD), that is when they flying complaint seed was planted in the minds of some players.

The Throne of Thunder stuff brought my the complaints how they wanted to flying everywhere, and in the Timeless Isles. By WoD is was all out war and Flyers insulting everyone who didn't like it. As if Flying someone would have made WoD any better if it was there at the start. If anything would have made it worse because it would have seemed like it had even less content.

I understand the appeal of flying but then again I also understand the appeal of eating bacon for every meal. Just because you want something doesn't mean it is free of consequences. I personally would be happy if they got rid of flying entirely. But Blizzard didn't they threw you no flyers a bone.

All I really hear is, "I don't want to put in the work I want to skip all content and do my WQs faster." Sounds like the main complaint is just being burned out of the game. Flyers had their fun for years. I don't understand why people hate being on the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Agree with this. Legion's world design is a claustrophobic clusterfuck. Northrend shits all over it.
    Yeah but Northrend and it's raids shit over everything. Flying or no flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    Suramar is aids.

Yesterday i spent half an hour trying to find the NH entrance (among all the mobs that basically rape you) and still failed. (yes i'm a casual player this expansion)
    Why didn't you ask anyone in the raid? How is this Blizzard's problem you wouldn't take the portal located at the quest hub? You could have skipped 99% of the mobs easy. Suramar mobs are extremely easy to kill now. What ilevel are you?

This is by design. Blizzard knows they screwed up adding flying mounts in the first place. It's no surprise they don't want you using them during the majority of new content. It's mainly an alt convenience ability now and I'm fine with that. The ability to instantly fly over the world without having to worry about anything is a detriment to good MMO gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    So you mean it's classic warcraft then?

- - - Updated - - -

People have no interest in learning how to play, they just wanna stomp their feet and whine because they don't have exactly what they want.
    I have learned the maps in the first days I came in to the respective zones. Blizzard is insulting my skill and intelligence by denying flying to me while I don't get any sense of danger or any kind of skill check anymore, only annoyance. Been there, done that - why should a game be reduced to a commuter's nightmare?

The zones are not new anymore. They stop being new after the first couple of months. I am exalted with all factions on my main for months now. Let me fly already and stop wasting my time with boring nonsense. I want to quest, I want to run mythics, and I hate flight paths and outdoor mazes. We already have many mazes in dungeons and raids, we don't need more mazes outdoor.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I have learned the maps in the first days I came in to the respective zones. Blizzard is insulting my skill and intelligence by denying flying to me while I don't get any sense of danger or any kind of skill check anymore, only annoyance. Been there, done that - why should a game be reduced to a commuter's nightmare?

The zones are not new anymore. They stop being new after the first couple of months. I am exalted with all factions on my main for months now. Let me fly already and stop wasting my time with boring nonsense. I want to quest, I want to run mythics, and I hate flight paths and outdoor mazes. We already have many mazes in dungeons and raids, we don't need more mazes outdoor.
    k. just quit then. you know what the game is now, quit so you can move on and stop whining.
    And the game is no "commuter's nightmare" by any stretch of a reasonable imagination but yall are here in full histrionics so...
    I mean there is a clear path to each wq from the closest fp every single time.
    Suramar isn't confusing if you spent more than 15 seconds looking at where you go.

But whatever, whine away.

The flying was the only special ingredient which used to put WoW over other MMOs. Now, it is just an obsolete game with some cool raids.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't know about you but I skip everything in the way by either kite gliding over it or just running past on my mount until it gives up and runs back. Anything left just gets tanked by my demon and I aoe it down. There is no challenge in questing zones.
    Gliding is fine, it's not the same as flying. It has a CD and it requires you to be on a high spot to be used effectively so it's not something that gives you flying on demand. You can skip some crap every 2-3 minutes, what's that in comparison to actual flying where you can skip most things anytime you want. Not sure why you even mentioned this.

There is no challenge because we overgear everything now. Suramar was somewhat challenging when we were all still in blues. I'm not saying some elite level shit, but it was definitely one of the harder questing zones we've had and that was all thanks to no flying. Imagine the quests in Suramar city with flying enabled, how mind numbingly boring that would have been. No guards to discover you, never spending any time discovering how to navigate through the city, just flying on top of your objective and completing it. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound very fun to me.

Funny thing. According to this interview, Hazzikostas thinks, that "I think there were certainly times where I wish we could take a time machine back a few months and make some different decisions. I think Warlords was an example of an expansion that suited some of our player groups very well and failed for other". Yeah... WOD was niche xpack? But doesn't he think, that Legion is even more niche? If Blizzard won't be able to implement some way to make old xpacks viable, this game will die due every xpack, being way too niche and suitable for 1% of players only, very soon.

I mean, look at Legion - it's literally World of DiabloCraft! Yeah, trying to bring some new players into game - is good thing, but not when you lose all old ones in every new xpack. Cuz at some point all players will just say "Go to hell" and quit forever.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-02-08 at 01:24 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Subscriptions down?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Subs are down and it will be cheaper to develop the game in the future with unfinished environments. Flying will be gone completely at some point, except for old world content.

Oh well. Enjoy the game, I suppose...doesn't sound like I'm missing much...
    Where did you get this information? That subs are going down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And really...why would blowing through the content actually be a problem for the PLAYER? They'd just unsub and go play something else until new content was released. This is literally how every B2P game works. The reason why people complain about a lack of content is because they're constantly being charged every month with nothing new to show for it. There are plenty of games that don't operate off a monthly sub. Do people complain that they suck? Sure...if the game sucks. But if the game is actually good, they play it, enjoy it, and then go on to something else.

Stop and think about that for a little bit, then get back to me.
    Obviously they want to keep people playing, they are there to make money, HOWEVER with as fast as people blow through content in 1 month time they would lose their money and the game wouldn't be worth investing money into..........use your brain.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Obviously they want to keep people playing, they are there to make money, HOWEVER with as fast as people blow through content in 1 month time they would lose their money and the game wouldn't be worth investing money into..........use your brain.
    You seem to be saying that the only way a game is worth investing money is is if it's a subscription game. This is absolutely false, as there are countless examples of games which either work off a B2P model(GW2 for example), or a F2P model. There are other sales models as well, like the Call of Duty type games which survive off yearly releases and map pack sales.

What you need to understand is how much of the "content" in WoW is designed specifically to be filler in order to pad their subscription profits. This isn't to say that WoW's content can't still be high-quality. You just need to recognize that every time you run into an arbitrary time gate on something that it's not there for your benefit, or to make the game more enjoyable. Its sole purpose is to increase the amount of time required to complete tasks in order to also increase potential subscription profits. Daily and weekly lockouts on things fall squarely into this category. Static respawn timers on world quests are another. Travel time is a third(unless the travel itself includes challenges or skill-based gameplay).

Now, it might seem like this is a good time to counter with the examples of hearthstones and the flight-master whistle because those are items which let you instantly go somewhere. But think about it a little more deeply. The hearth just sends you back to a safe spot AFTER you've already spent time on content, and once you're back at a safe spot, what do you have to do? Take a flight path somewhere else, thus wasting more of your time. The same thing happens with the Whistle. You're saving a little bit of time exiting an area, but then you have to sit on the AFK flight path. Why do you think that is? How about instead of taking you to the nearest flight master, the game instead simply lets you teleport to ANY flight master? What purpose is served by making you sit on an AFK flight path? It's not because sitting on a flight path is fun or interesting.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-08 at 11:25 PM.

Flying should never be implemented. They are trying to repair the big mistake.
    Then they can stop selling flight mounts in the Blizzard shop. The fact they wont tells me this is to extend content for as long as possible and for no other reason.

The flying was the only special ingredient which used to put WoW over other MMOs. Now, it is just an obsolete game with some cool raids.
    Its even less than that now.

Outdated UI.

Outdated and antiquated and obsolete map system that is ten years out of date.

Bad terrain.

Bugs everywhere and they waste the players time with beta when three quarters of the bugs identified go live. More bugs every day, just found one in the grapple launcher, your toon keeps running after you land and you cant stop it, you fall off into a hole you cant get out of because you cant fly.

Bad terrain instances when you fall through the world.

No appear offline system because "technical reasons" that are a sick joke...when everyone can do what you keep saying cant be done, guess what sunshine, the problem isnt them, its your devs.

More and more intrusive systems where everyone can see what you are doing

Shoving pvp into peoples faces, repeated forceflagging, groupfinder dumps you onto gankfest server, repeated maint at Oceanic primetime..the list is long.

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, when they will come in and say "oh hey we changed our minds", note to all and sundry, guess what isnt being tested on the PTR?

Flight.

Thats what they did in WOD and what do you know "Oh we cant let you fly yet we need to fix the world bugs"....waiting for that to happen.

Lazy devs, bad writing, bad plots, plot holes I could drive a Mack truck through...

WOW isnt their interest anymore and it is more or less dying. They ceased caring a long time ago.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2017-02-08 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You seem to be saying that the only way a game is worth investing money is is if it's a subscription game. This is absolutely false, as there are countless examples of games which either work off a B2P model(GW2 for example), or a F2P model. There are other sales models as well, like the Call of Duty type games which survive off yearly releases and map pack sales.

What you need to understand is how much of the "content" in WoW is designed specifically to be filler in order to pad their subscription profits. This isn't to say that WoW's content can't still be high-quality. You just need to recognize that every time you run into an arbitrary time gate on something that it's not there for your benefit, or to make the game more enjoyable. Its sole purpose is to increase the amount of time required to complete tasks in order to also increase potential subscription profits. Daily and weekly lockouts on things fall squarely into this category. Static respawn timers on world quests are another. Travel time is a third(unless the travel itself includes challenges or skill-based gameplay).

Now, it might seem like this is a good time to counter with the examples of hearthstones and the flight-master whistle because those are items which let you instantly go somewhere. But think about it a little more deeply. The hearth just sends you back to a safe spot AFTER you've already spent time on content, and once you're back at a safe spot, what do you have to do? Take a flight path somewhere else, thus wasting more of your time. The same thing happens with the Whistle. You're saving a little bit of time exiting an area, but then you have to sit on the AFK flight path. Why do you think that is? How about instead of taking you to the nearest flight master, the game instead simply lets you teleport to ANY flight master? What purpose is served by making you sit on an AFK flight path? It's not because sitting on a flight path is fun or interesting.
    Here's your daily reminder that the "arbitrary" time-gates are indeed put in place for the benefit of the players. People want to have a reason to continue subscribing for months, the biggest complaints about WoD were about running out of things to do too quick. Without the time-gating Blizz would have to put in content that caters for the higher end of "hardcore" players who want to put in many, many hours so the more casual side would struggle to get anything done.

Also I'd better explain (again) that the travel system is a separate matter. If Blizz wanted they could allow you to fly and tweak the rewards or requirements for quests so you end up spending the exact same amount of time in the game. Don't forget that MoP allowed you to fly at the level cap and people complained about the amount of daily content, whereas WoD had not flying until quite late on and people complained about running out of things to do.

Finally, Blizz have a taxi system of flightpaths rather than teleports with loading screens because it gives a better impression of a large open world, personally I'd be much happier if more RPGs adopted that system rather than the waypoints etc. that literally take you out of the game world.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/22/864...mo-pc-blizzard

According to Blizzard, flying doesn't exist because it makes the world feel larger and it allows for certain facets of gameplay to remain engaging and challenging.

You can't really argue with the idea that clearing out a camp to get to an NPC is a different experience than just divebombing on the final NPC from the air and then flying away. They seem to prefer that we experience the former rather than the latter.
    It is a different experience sure, but that doesn't ensure it is a good experience beyond the first time.
    If it even was then.

Blizzard want us to experience their "optimal" experience.
    It it only ever that once though, the first time you actually do the one-time content there.
    After that it becomes generic, and no repetition is going to change that.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Gliding is fine, it's not the same as flying. It has a CD and it requires you to be on a high spot to be used effectively so it's not something that gives you flying on demand. You can skip some crap every 2-3 minutes, what's that in comparison to actual flying where you can skip most things anytime you want. Not sure why you even mentioned this.

There is no challenge because we overgear everything now. Suramar was somewhat challenging when we were all still in blues. I'm not saying some elite level shit, but it was definitely one of the harder questing zones we've had and that was all thanks to no flying. Imagine the quests in Suramar city with flying enabled, how mind numbingly boring that would have been. No guards to discover you, never spending any time discovering how to navigate through the city, just flying on top of your objective and completing it. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound very fun to me.
    Even undergeared there was no challenge, oh wait.... did you actually have a challenge getting around questing zones safely? BWahahahahahahahah!

They make the questing zones so easy that 9 year olds who have never played can get their demon hunter on and run around questing zones! There is no challenge in questing zones! It is literally the easiest content in the entire expansion! I mean if that's a challenge then stay out of LFR.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-02-09 at 01:32 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is a different experience sure, but that doesn't ensure it is a good experience beyond the first time.
    If it even was then.

Blizzard want us to experience their "optimal" experience.
    It it only ever that once though, the first time you actually do the one-time content there.
    After that it becomes generic, and no repetition is going to change that.
    Erm, that is why flying is account wide when you get it, but I mean it seems the biggest complaint it people actually have to PLAY THE GAME to get flying.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Erm, that is why flying is account wide when you get it, but I mean it seems the biggest complaint it people actually have to PLAY THE GAME to get flying.
    Is that the biggest complaint, or is it one that the anti-flying crowd want to convince themselves is.
    My issue is the "experience" that blizzard are keen to push is only at its best once on a given character.
    Beyond that, I simply want to play that relevant to me.
    It isn't about laziness, since that can encourage and enable me to play content potentially at a higher level or difficulty.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

That's a gross misinterpretation of the complaint.

What's actually being complained about isn't that flying needs to be unlocked with time and effort, but instead because the time and effort has been put in and we still don't have flying.

But also that the time and effort required is waaaaay out of proportion to the value of the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntToast View Post
    Good. Wouldn't care if it doesn't come at all.
    Same, having fun with this expansion as it is. I do not feel any need for flying at all. We have so many means of transportation.