Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What is no flying? I guess, it's apogee of alt-unfriendly content. Why? Because what is main purpose of having flying? To do content, you've already completed on your main, on your alts. Due to some reasons Blizzard have negative opinion about alts. They tend to think, that players start to play on alts, only when they have nothing to do on their main. So they add tons of time and RNG gated grind in order to make endless content. And of course they try to make playing alts as unbearable and pointless, as possible. This is wrong. It's all about reward/effort ratio. Developers just can't make enough endgame content, so in most cases all endgame content in MMO - is grind, i.e. doing the same thing again, again and again for really small reward. And grind, especially when RNG is involved - lacks sense of progression and accomplishment. But it's very subjective thing. I personally don't like RNG-based and grind-based endgame content, such as raids. I tend to stop at some point - when content stops being rewarding enough. And to start from scratch. That's why I love alts. Plus they're part of my RP.

Also I want to add, that Blizzard don't understand, that exploration - is viable kind of content for new players only. When you're new - then you want to try this and try that. But if you've played game during at least one xpack - you should already have chosen content, you like the most, and have stuck to it. I.e. if Blizzard assume, that when they release new xpack, all players will play the game, like they play it for the first time in their life - then they're fools. For seasoned player new xpack is nothing more, than just new content - it's not completely new game. So, seasoned player don't want to start everything completely from scratch - he wants to proceed directly to content, he like. So, this "We take things away from you only to force you to earn them again" principle doesn't work for him.

Simple thing. Currently I play Tanaan with flying and I enjoy this content. I just don't want to jump through some hops to "earn" ability to enjoy game the same way. I don't need this. All I need - is new content, new goals to accomplish. The reason, why I want it, is the same reason, why raiders don't want to waste time on leveling - they want to proceed directly to content, they like the most - i.e. raids. Do Blizzard gate raids for half of xpack in order to force raiders to "experience leveling/outdoor as intended"? No! For example Blizzard allow them to completely skip leveling! Same here.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-03-24 at 07:35 AM.
    Blizzard have forgotten, what two major abbreviations mean - RPG and PVE. We play MMORPG - not MMORNG or MOBA!
    Also, we play RPG - not adventure and/or platformer, like Tomb Rider or Assassin's Creed.
    Blizzard should either remove features, that don't fit into RPG genre, or enable flying to avoid them for players, who don't like them.
    My perfect Wow.

Legion really is trash. "Hey guys, lets make the class mount an 11 week grind, cause everything has to be a grind in this expansion". Hands down worst expansion I have ever played. What a joke.
    "I don't want someone who has the knowledge, skill, or even personality necessary to be president. I want someone who can speak his bigoted mind without worrying about offending people!"- The batman

Common courtesy is like common sense these days, neither of them are too common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I did 6 months ago, and only 2 months into the expansion. For me, the game sucks, totally sucks without flying at max level. It's that plain and simple.

It's upsetting because I have played this game for many years and this shift in how this feature is treated has ruined what was once a great joy.

Nothing lasts forever though... so I let it go. I truly thought I would come back when 7.2 was added... but with yet another rep grind to further delay it... I'm done. Legion was mediocre at best, and simply not worth playing another few months to earn flying for a mediocre expansion that is essentially irrelevant at this point.
    During the WoD no-flight time was the first time in 10 years I let my sub lapse. I always find it funny when people think they are being helpful by telling us to quit. We already are quitting. We are finding other stuff to play. Grinding and leveling alts without flight tends to be more chore than fun. Being stuck on the ground after I've already explored every inch of the map and performed every quest...isn't fun. At least in this player's opinion.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2017-03-24 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    This.
    I am a pro flyer and I am NOT HAPPY with this "compromise" at all. Too much hassle for a QoL feature to do, which is unlocked so late that many will not even bother to come back to the game anymore. No-flying is one of the reasons why my guild is dead. Congratulations. -.-
    Last edited by scubistacy; 2017-03-24 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    FACT is flying removes tools available to developers for storytelling. There is nothing else to add.
    Flying is most effectively warranted for repeated content, and generally all content that has no impact on story. That's the conflict of the discussion. Repeated content is the only relevant content you can talk about with flying, considering there is no flying available for leveling content. What story is being told when you're asked to kill the same NPC for the hundredth time? The world is explored once, and when that's done everything is set on loop and the grind continues.

What story are you missing when flight is implemented? Did you not watch the NPCs do the same thing for the first 99 times?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Well flying removes more than it adds, and untile it adds eqal to what it removes....
    Its a unvalid argument.

You mean invalid? And you also mean it's subjectively your opinion? Because objectively flight doesn't take anything away from the game, it only allows the player to control their own travel.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I am a pro flyer and I am NOT HAPPY with this "compromise" at all. Too much hassle for a QoL feature to do, which is unlocked so late that many will not even bother to come back to the game anymore. No-flying is one of the reasons why my guild is dead. Congratulations. -.-

Well that's a shit guild then

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    They really have. By only enabling it when it doesn't matter anymore.

7.2 will enable flying, but it will be done after people have spent months on the Broken Isles doing their quests while not flying. After we unlock it, that will probably be it in terms of content, before they release the Argus patch. At that point we won't need to fly on the Broken Isles, because we'll be on Argus, which will probably be not flyable either.

It's just like with WoD, where we were only able to fly once nobody needed to anymore anyway. Because the expansion was over. When the flying patch came out, I had 2 days of gametime left. And I didn't renew my sub at that point and went on a 1-year break, because the expansion was over anyway.

This will be the standard now. Flying is gone.
    that is dev IH way of punishing players after his failed reneg on flying in WOD. he said okay....but you have to do all this, this, this , this, wait, this this this, wait...

then they sold it to gaming news writers (who took it like a bass to a worm) that they did not want ot make flying a gold sink that doesn't affect gold strapped players and hinders others

in WOD i had flying unlocked 13-14 days (using no rep medallion) after patch 6.2 went live, blizz said they would turn on flying within days of 6.2 not weeks....well they went weeks near 2 months. so now i see the below and know their definition of days, weeks, and not so long. they blew turning on flying in WOD after 6.2 and this gives them a time lag window to turn on flying in legion...and then say oh, we beat it by 2 days and take near two months again

Flying

It will probably take at least a few weeks to unlock flying.
    You will need to wait for Week 2 for Assaults to start.
    You will need to hit Revered with the new faction as well.
    It probably won't take as long as it did to get flying in Warlords.

so is it a few weeks? after the two weeks for assaults to start? and time to hit revered.....sounds like a month already

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    During the WoD no-flight time was the first time in 10 years I let my sub lapse. I always find it funny when people think they are being helpful by telling us to quit. We already are quitting. We are finding other stuff to play. Grinding and leveling alts without flight tends to be more chore than fun. Being stuck on the ground after I've already explored every inch of the map and performed every quest...isn't fun. At least in this player's opinion.
    Agreed... I too quit WoD after a couple months.. only came back after flying was added back and I was able to BUY my reputation. The gleefully leveled not just the other 10 toons.. but even created another account and leveled ANOTHER 11 toons to 100 from 1!!!! Then proceeded to leech 4.5 million gold from their garrisons.

I would not have subbed again if flight had not been added back. Certianly would not have enjoyed myself for those many months following.

Legion? Sorry... it's over. Finally done with WoW unless somewhere along the way they return to BC/Wrath design concepts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Well flying removes more than it adds, and untile it adds eqal to what it removes....
    Its a unvalid argument.
    Simply not true. Flying at max level has been in game for more expansions than it has without... all of which were more successful than those without. Flyign did not detract form the game, but made it better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    FACT is flying removes tools available to developers for storytelling. There is nothing else to add.

Then why did Blizzard add flying? Why did they keep it in for the most successful expansions WoW has ever experienced?

FACT is... story telling is told during the leveling process... something not effected by max level flying. More story is told via dungeons and raids where flying is not involved. Flight can be used to tell stories... just like it was used in Pandaland... or used to access areas only available to fliers like the elemental plateau... a grinding area that was a reward for those that earned their wings.

I'm pretty sure flying is not going to be brought back at max level ever again, but I'm also pretty sure I'm not coming back to game either. MUCH more satisfied playing private servers for free than paying for crap development on live.

it makes wow alittle bit more fun whre every one running around and use ss and not just fly