10+ Year Old Account

Paladin Ranged DPS Spec?

Yea or Nay? Also, elaborate on on why.

if you want a ranged dps spec , play Holy in Mythic + , you will feel like a ranged dps :P

Deleted
    sry, what?

Quote Originally Posted by WoWJamaica View Post
    Yea or Nay? Also, elaborate on on why.
    A (holy) spear wielding ranged caster that smite people with the wrath of light.. Sure sounds awesome!

Is there any justification in warcraft lore for it? no.
    Can blizzard pull off such a thing based on their recent story telling and balancing history? I doubt it.

We were, till legion. (Holy full, retri partial). Unfortunatelly blizz decided we need to stick with pet pack at boss ...

No way thei would reverse it soon ������

So you want a ranged paladin holy magic dps spec added as a bonus 4th spec? Meh... not sure, i dont think it fits them well, they are beefy vessels of holy light, not squishy meager spell slingers, maybe if they got bows (for the sole reason that i want more archer options than hunter)

The whole idea rests on 4th specs being added, unless its a replacement for ret, in which case a BIG no from me, which is another can of worms... as for a holy dps spell slinger, i think that would suit a priest much MUCH more as an inquisitor spec perhaps and perhaps make disc more shadowy?)

A plate holy archer spec... could be cool but realistically, it wouldnt make a lick of sense

overall, its a no from me.

also, i have to say, as much as i want 4th specs added to the game, in the games current state i cant see the purpose for it unless it adds another role to the class.

Yay

I think that a ranged "dps" support class would be amazing. Rather than focusing on healing or dealing damage, a spec focusing on empowering you allies at critical moments would be unique and fun. This also fits into the fantasy of "prayers", the class with have a plethora of offensive and defensive prayers allowing them to contribute to damage and healing. The class will be balanced not to compete with Retribution or Holy, there should be no reason for this support kit to deal more damage or healing than either of these specs. An example of a "filler" prayer would be "Prayer of Might" 3 charges X cast time, your target will deal bonus damage equal to 7% of damage dealt for 7 seconds. A cooldown may be "Prayer of Wrath" after 6 seconds your target takes damage equal to 8% of all damage taken while this Prayer was active. A defensive cooldown may be something along the lines of "Prayer of Fortitude" reduces damage taken for all allies by X% for 4 seconds.

Again, the aim is to fulfill the Prayer support theme to aid many rather than Holy's focused power of light.