Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fire ST buffs expected soon now that the world first race is over

What are the chances? Seriously, I'm tired of competing with dk's that pull 800k single target...

2 fire mages on 2 gul'dan kills, some specs not even there, so realistically - not that i expect any buffs or nerfs, fire is a long way down the line of specs that need buffing.

I'm not really expecting anything special, possibly 3-4% to Fire to compensate for the shittyness of it's tier bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    2 fire mages on 2 gul'dan kills, some specs not even there, so realistically - not that i expect any buffs or nerfs, fire is a long way down the line of specs that need buffing.
    mythic guldan is KILLED once only.and there were 2firemages... wow they must be good... maybe check a bigger data sample like ALL heroic bosses in NH and 3-4 first mythic bosses to see how they're doing????

we actually need a buff for fire mages our scaling is triable comparing to other classes not to mention our tier set isn't that great as well , well let's hope blizzard realize the need for the buff .

I think fire mage single target is OK right now for the lucky few that have the right gear (good legendaries and trinkets). Some of the melee classes are just really OP at the moment (demon hunters especially). It's just bullshit that fire still needs bracer/belt legendary (both really) to compete, despite blizzard claiming they were going to fix that in 7.1.5.

i do not have the Bracers yet. but sims shows a 60k dps increase if i have them ( shrugs)

Would love a buff but would also like them to fix the damn flamestrike delay they introduced with this latest tier.

You proc an instant flamestrike use it then 1-2s later it fires off the animation and the damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Assuming I didn't screw up rotations, I wouldn't mind being 5th, 6th, or 7th on the DPS meters if the difference between myself and top 3 was around... let's say 50k to 75k. A difference of more than 200k even if equipped with decent legendaries (bracers, belt) makes me think we're due for a buff. I don't mind being beat by RNG (lucky crits, mechanics, etc) but being beat by more than 200k DPS when everyone's playing on the same level doesn't seem right.
    Last edited by Vexione; 2017-02-06 at 09:52 AM.

DH's and DK's with need a little nerf. DK's with perma breath with lust is super dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexione View Post
    Assuming I didn't screw up rotations, I wouldn't mind being 5th, 6th, or 7th on the DPS meters if the difference between myself and top 3 was around... let's say 50k to 75k, give or take. But a difference of more than 200k even if I have decent legendaries (bracers, belt) makes me think we're due for a buff. I don't mind being beat by RNG (lucky crits, mechanics, etc) but being beat by more than 200k DPS when everyone's playing on the same level doesn't seem fair.
    If you're over 200k behind in dps "on the same level", you aren't as good as you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Would love a buff but would also like them to fix the damn flamestrike delay they introduced with this latest tier.

You proc an instant flamestrike use it then 1-2s later it fires off the animation and the damage.
    I am glad I'm not the only one noticing this. The spec is just sluggish for me overall, but that FS drag is easy to spot. And it isn't latency or fps lag or what have you. This is responsiveness of that spell, and I see it on Phoenix flames too.

I think part of my problem with fire's single target damage is so much got moved to sustain, and I feel a lot of fights in NH punish us more now without our floes on top of the fact that our ignite damage isn't like other dots. With its short life span, disconnecting from the boss doesn't really leave us anything to prop up performing utility roles. I wouldn't think I could keep up with any of our melee on Krosus, for example, but the Warlock who runs out for embers is still fairly high because of pets/dots.

Anyway, fire is still fairly fun for me, not as fun as 7.0 was, but better than WoD. I just wish that I wasn't on such a long Legendary drought because I'd like to give Arcane or Frost a go. Without equivalent dps legs, they just don't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    If you're over 200k behind in dps "on the same level", you aren't as good as you think you are.
    I disagree. Mages were doing fine in previous raids, then suddenly NH comes out (together with a bunch of tuning changes) and we're suddenly behind by a margin huge enough to make other Mages start noticing. It's not like I suddenly started sucking at playing mages.

Deleted
    Mythic overview is really weird not sure if its indicative of anything.
    But feels like the top 6 (heroic)specs need 1-2% nerf. But doubt blizzard will do that. If they wont a lot of other specs need to get that as a buff instead. And quite a few weaker specs need another 3-4% buff.
    If fire mages will fall further behind because of tier pieces they probably need more than the buff greenthump is mentioning.
    But i think we just need a big buff to some ST abilities

For fire mechanics I am worried about the travel time of our fireball and pyroblast with all the increase to haste in encounters and equipment.
    Our AoE has fun elements and is much clearer than past expansions but RoP+CiS is too much obstacle paired together. Pyrobracers i have similiar worry about (base ice floes plox).

I wouldn't mind getting rid of RoP. It has fun elements in it like timing it with Meteor or DB and dodging stuff while staying in the RoP area (RiP Ice floes). But im getting tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Do you know why?
    I'm curious. Right now for heroic i purely focus on the eyes and do the most dmg on them (RoP+DB) and holding big CD's for last phase big eyes.

But i wouldnt be surprised if DH eye lasers are really strong on the small eyes as well.
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2017-02-06 at 10:05 AM.

Another line of balance fixes would be nice, but we might not get any before 7.2 if it's only ~8 weeks out

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    well, u can pad in some Cleave phases , like guldan p1 with 3adds ( save combust + TD + RoP and spamming PF+ stuff) even u cheese the meters like i said u will be waaaay behind. but in the pure SINGLE target. like krosus... well we are fucked atm, there is no padding to fake skada. and u are gonna see the diffrence between mages and those specs(melees mostlly)

funny how the illusion of OP fire mage dps was created in 7.1.0( i totally agree they were TOO stong in M+ content tho ), its nerfed to the ground now , while DHs had the same crazy burst too ,its but buffed now.

ST+cleave dps are less than medicore imo, i hope we scale with Whispers of the dark trinket+ 4P + crit + other stuff tho ;/
    Last edited by exor37; 2017-02-06 at 10:35 AM.

Yesterday I looted my bracers as 5th legendary. Now i have bracer , belt , tw ring. Today i have mythic krossus progress. Im going to see deep abyss between me (bis st legendaries , 900 whispers of the dark , 885 metronome and 4 piece tier ) and melee classes..
    SimCraft for me is 670k
    Last edited by Idriss; 2017-02-06 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Idriss View Post
    Yesterday I looted my bracers as 5th legendary. Now i have bracer , belt , tw ring. Today i have mythic krossus progress. Im going to see deep abyss between me (bis st legendaries , 900 whispers of the dark , 885 metronome and 4 piece tier ) and melee classes..
    SimCraft for me is 670k
    Ofc melees are at least 50k ahead, working as intended

btw a consistent buff to unstable magic would be much appreciated and wouldn't affect aoe...UM is just shit now, sometimes i don't even pick it and just go with lb without using that once, not even worth the price of a tome
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-02-06 at 04:52 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Its unlikely any changes will happen until next big rewamp - say, next expansion. Mage era is over, a lot of time have to pass, until we can get some love again, not to aggro mage-is-developers-class people.

"We're not first every boss? BUFF!", meanwhile, so many classes are not even relevant or viable for cutting edge progress... gotta love mages crying.