Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Balance of Power

If I unlock Balance of Power's quest chain's artifact weapon appearence on X char, will I unlock it on Y char as well?
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2017-02-06 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    No. Currently you have to complete it on every toon.
    It's a nice AP boost though

Collecting 30 essences from EN and 20 shards from NH doesn't seem too nice :S

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    As is with many things in Legion, it's not an alt-friendly quest line. Unfortunately, unlike some of the other alt-related issues, I don't think this was intended to be friendly for them. As it's entirely a vanity reward, having that artifact appearance tier is meant to demonstrate some level of commitment (whether it's simply time played or meant to be commitment to PVE exclusively) on that specific character. When a reward is entirely cosmetic like this, it's less likely they will add in an alt-friendly catch-up mechanic.

Edit: If they do anything to help alts with this, I'd guess (and hope, honestly) that it'd be similar to boss-drop quest help in the past; requiring you to do the full chain, but increased drop chance for related boss-kill quest items once your main has completed the quest. Outside of that, I really don't see them ever doing anything else to help alts gain the appearance any faster... honestly, I'd be surprised if they even did the drop-rate change.
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-02-06 at 11:08 AM.

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I believe that eventually they might make them purchasable in a somewhat limited faction that does speed up the process regardless, like they did with the Blackrock Foundry and Highmaul items. Who knows.

As long as they boost the droprate from the EN items, it's not that tedious to do.
    You get the 20 Nightshards in 2 resets, 3 if you're really unlucky.

Deleted
    Nope, you will have to complete it on all toons.

It's THE organized group content appearance.
    Not exactly something aimed at alts. For those you are better off aiming for secret appearances or PvP ones.

I think a weekly mission for this would be a step into the right direction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    As long as they boost the droprate from the EN items, it's not that tedious to do.
    You get the 20 Nightshards in 2 resets, 3 if you're really unlucky.
    The issue is, I really really don't want to raid on 12 alts even with how easy those things you mentioned are. Yes, I did get my 20 nightshards in a reset and a half, but there you go.

But also, please don't get me wrong; I don't want people to be able to get raiding related things on every alt they have.

Deleted
    the real question is to you have to do glory of the hero, an account wide achievement, on all individual characters to unlock the re-colored version?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    the real question is to you have to do glory of the hero, an account wide achievement, on all individual characters to unlock the re-colored version.
    I have not done it, but I think doing it once is enough. You can get the whole meta by doing the achievements separately between characters, so it makes sense in the logic of the whole achievement actually being unable to pop up more than once to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Dawnseeker View Post
    The issue is, I really really don't want to raid on 12 alts even with how easy those things you mentioned are. Yes, I did get my 20 nightshards in a reset and a half, but there you go.

But also, please don't get me wrong; I don't want people to be able to get raiding related things on every alt they have.
    do it a year from now and EN will take 25 minutes to pug and NH maybe 45 minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    do it a year from now and EN will take 25 minutes to pug and NH maybe 45 minutes.
    Oh you are absolutely right. I am not that fussed though; I prefer to do other things on my main lik achievement hunting/role playing and the like when I get to play WoW, so it isn't a big deal.

About pvp prestige appearences.

Do I have to do it on all toons too if I want appearence on all toons?

7+ Year Old Account
    About pvp prestige appearences.

Do I have to do it on all toons too if I want appearence on all toons?
    Probably, but seriously I don't believe that anyone ever had enough time to prestige more than one character in order to answer that question.

That's really really a lot of prestiging. Like at this point of the expansion's life, one has to be wrong in the head to go for that.

Have it on two chars, that would mean not finished inion nighthold on my mage yet. At some time it will be done, but busy enough with the game on main and main alt. It takes 30mins to do normal EN with a decent group these days(1 hour hc), so its not bad, its the dropchance that is the tedious bit

At this point I'm just hoping they increase the drop change at least on the EN part. Part of me says they will eventually have a catch up for alts at least for the early stages eventually but who knows. Personally think its a bit ridiculous that it has to be done on every single character, but on some it doesn't look that great so not a big deal anyways.

Deleted
    My favorite part is that you have to collect 20 shards from Nighthold, yet only 6 appears in the event which you get upon turning it in...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    My favorite part is that you have to collect 20 shards from Nighthold, yet only 6 appears in the event which you get upon turning it in...
    Oh this happens a lot in this game.

For example, you collect 8 demon souls for Allari, and then she uses only 2 of them while the 3rd is "one I already had and it has a stronger demon in it lulz" which gives you the info you required, rendering your whole quest to collect the other shards useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has this odd way of thinking that people want to do this shit multiple times across several toons. I'm just going to finish it on my monk main over time and hope they unlock the appearances across your account later on. Luckily for me the survival hunter one looks like ass so I'm not missing much on that alt.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Dawnseeker View Post

I think they need to do something similar with BoP that I'd like to see them do with pvp prestige. Make an achievement that is something along the lines of.

"Complete balance of power on three characters"
    Reward: Balance of Power skins on all characters