Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    lolol ok, I just have one question. Do you actually know anything about Putin or his past?
    Probably more then you.

Past is past, present is present.

He was "appointed" by Yeltsin to keep status quo as far as Yeltsin and his family was concerned, and he did his part - and even built Yeltsin Center in my city for 8 billion roubles (around 200-300 millions $ at the time it was built).

And he also happened to be quite decent administrator who did think about what is good for the country after getting his loyal associates cushy positions in government companies - both to reward loyalty and to control them toward filling Russian budget and fulfilling social obligations. Sadly, no better candidate exist, and it is unlikely that Russian political system will produce one unless forced to by other circumstances.

But this has little to do with unproven accusations against him. No connection have been ever shown between killing and Putin (other then "because who else would want to???" and "KGB!!!"), no billions were ever directly connected to him too to prove his corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    I don't think it's an ego thing.

Trump has proven he deeply affectionate Russia supreme ruler many times. Putin probably does that just to have another controversial Trump statement.
    It doesn't matter if you are proTrump or antiTrump, it is clear that he is one of the most unpopular president following an election, all this unpopularity (and for some Trump's decisions) makes America weaker on a global political scale offering more room to Russia to act on the global scale.

Putin is many terrible things but he is not a stupid child crying. He has a very big ego obviously, but it is another one attempt to start a fire.
    If Trump, because of this demand, attack a media (especially Fox news) it will be catastrophic for the US' already tainted image.
    He is, he has denounced other media outlets for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of reality television, but since the beginning of this past election I'm beginning to see the light. There is simply not enough popcorn in the world for this.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Is this where Trumpsters hope that Trump force their favourite channel to apologise to Putin? I guess Fox should change it to "Mr dictator war criminal douchebag" instead.
    Well this Trump supporter does not expect that or even want it. Putin and Trump can bitch all they want about our media, not going to change the freedom of the press. Even tho, I agree with Trump the media is not to be trusted much today. They do have their agendas and bias. But it is part of having freedom of the press. One of the annoyances we can have with certain parts of the Constitution. But that is tough shit. Live with it.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Probably more then you.

Past is past, present is present.

He was "appointed" by Yeltsin to keep status quo as far as Yeltsin and his family was concerned, and he did his part - and even built Yeltsin Center in my city for 8 billion roubles (around 200-300 millions $ at the time it was built).

And he also happened to be quite decent administrator who did think about what is good for the country after getting his loyal associates cushy positions in government companies - both to reward loyalty and to control them toward filling Russian budget and fulfilling social obligations. Sadly, no better candidate exist, and it is unlikely that Russian political system will produce one unless forced to by other circumstances.

But this has little to do with unproven accusations against him. No connection have been ever shown between killing and Putin (other then "because who else would want to???" and "KGB!!!"), no billions were ever directly connected to him too to prove his corruption.
    Sure thing, and OJ Simpson was never convicted of murder either.

no billions were ever directly connected to him too to prove his corruption.
    Someone was not present during the Panama papers. Like you have to be oblivious to think that Roldugin suddenly recieved millions just because.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Someone was not present during the Panama papers. Like you have to be oblivious to think that Roldugin suddenly recieved millions just because.
    That's just alternative facts.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

That wasn't "billions of Putin", that was "billions going _through_ some offshore outlet with Putin's associate"; they weren't even held there.

And Putin has quite many different people who could be linked to him by "single handshake".

This is quite laughable really. I'm waiting till Trump and Putin together piss of places like China then watch the sleeping giant rage.

If they want an apology it's probably the truth otherwise they just wouldn't care

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    This is quite laughable really. I'm waiting till together they piss of places like China then watch the sleeping giant rage.
    What is laughable is referring to China as a sleeping giant. More like a sleeping fat Panda bear. :P But I do not mean this as a insult to the Chinese, but a rebuke of them being a powerful nation in comparison to some other countries. They have benefited more from the US trade then we have from them. Thus the huge trade deficit. They are a very smart people however.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-02-06 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you think about it, Putin is disgustingly clever with this.

He dare a direct attack on Fox News -- the bastion of defense for the Republicans. After Trump's jab - still legit jab, however - at US being killers, Putin's pushing the buttons in overdrive by asking Fox News to issue a statement of apology.

This is one of these cases where the outcome cannot be positive. Option one, Trump says to Putin to go to hell. He gets Fox News approval and the US approval. In theory, that's what he should do. At least in my opinion. But doing that is to literally hamper his plan to mend the bonds between Russia and US.

On the other hand, Trump really cannot afford to lose the support of his single most loyal outlet. If Fox News turns against Trump, that's probably going to lay him down for a while. But Putin will be happy, and nobody will doubt that Russia is in tie with the US.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So if he has a pee pee tape he better release it now because it is not worth shit.
    I hope the FSB doesn't release the "GoldenShower-gate" video just before dinnertime...
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Deleted
    And yes innocent until proven guilty.

So many journalists and ex-KGB agent who faced with the indeniable truth that Putin is indeed innocent decided to end their life by shooting themself in the back or using extremely rare polonium poison as in the famous yet forgotten Alexandre Litvinenko.

90 journalists were killed in 15 years under Putin.
    6 US journalist were killed in 17 years, 1 of them by accident.

Even if those deaths are not related to Putin himself (for some of them it is highly unlikely), those death are related to corruption for most of them and Putin had done nothing to fight this corruption, which is already suspicious when there are already high corruption suspicion on himself on that matter.
    Worse, if we focus only on the years when he was in charge and we don't take in account the death related to the chenchen conflict, there are way more journalists death during Putin years than in early 2000 to Putin.

The one who do say "there has never been any proof on Putin" has forgotten or more probably never read a history book or paid attention to what happened in Russia.

Deleted
    Hillary was investigated for murder by 7 groups of people but nobody cares lol

Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    And yes innocent until proven guilty.

So many journalists and ex-KGB agent who faced with the indeniable truth that Putin is indeed innocent decided to end their life by shooting themself in the back or using extremely rare polonium poison as in the famous yet forgotten Alexandre Litvinenko.

90 journalists were killed in 15 years under Putin.
    6 US journalist were killed in 17 years, 1 of them by accident.

Even if those deaths are not related to Putin himself (for some of them it is highly unlikely), those death are related to corruption for most of them and Putin had done nothing to fight this corruption, which is already suspicious when there are already high corruption suspicion on himself on that matter.
    Worse, if we focus only on the years when he was in charge and we don't take in account the death related to the chenchen conflict, there are way more journalists death during Putin years than in early 2000 to Putin.

The one who do say "there has never been any proof on Putin" has forgotten or more probably never read a history book or paid attention to what happened in Russia.
    That's no better than "government made 9/11 happen" conspiracy.
    As for the apology, I think that O'reily should deign to apologise, since, you know, "innocent until proven otherwise" and calling a leader of the state a "killer" is a bad thing.

That wasn't "billions of Putin", that was "billions going _through_ some offshore outlet with Putin's associate"; they weren't even held there.

And Putin has quite many different people who could be linked to him by "single handshake".
    Roldugin is not someone just associated by "single handshake". I mean I think even RT recognizes that Putin and him are great pals. What's funny is that Putin even denies that Roldugin is corrupt and all the donations were made to buy instruments. Like with a straight face: Do you believe this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    That's no better than "government made 9/11 happen" conspiracy.
    As for the apology, I think that O'reily should deign to apologise, since, you know, "innocent until proven otherwise" and calling a leader of the state a "killer" is a bad thing.
    We have been accused of being killers. Venezuela,Bolivia and other countries blames us for their shit economy, we've been also called evil imperialists and lots of other stuff and so far we haven't demand media outlets to apologize. You know why, because we are not think skinned manchilds.

Roldugin is not someone just associated by "single handshake". I mean I think even RT recognizes that Putin and him are great pals.
    That's still "associated by single handshake". But so what?

What's funny is that Putin even denies that Roldugin is corrupt and all the donations were made to buy instruments. Like with a straight face: Do you believe this?
    Instruments of foreign influence, perhaps, some kind of scheme were only most loyal people could be used.
    Or Putin could say "Here is one musician and their budget is quite limited, help him if you can" to whoever wired those money.

That doesn't make those money "Putin's" though.

Deleted
    Well I don't made up those number or used fourth hand statistic or alternate truth conspiracy website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...en_conflict.29

I do statistics for a living, and when you see a higher than usual number or rising number you have to understand why.
    So why there are so many unsolved murder of journalists in this country than in the US ?

I don't say Putin is directly behind every murder but why a man as powerful as he is and who controled the country for many years have never done anything against that system if he is not behind the system himself ? Putin is known to be a strong and powerful figure, he could have done something but did not.
    Russia has 1500% more dead journalist than the US and infinity% more unexplained dead journalist. I don't like conspiracy theory, but there are evidences (actual dead person ) and the link is very obvious to a russian system and the idea of Putin having no hold over the system is ridiculous, in the worst case scenario he is still complicit by doing nothing on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Both nuclear superpowers being lead by the most fragile egos imaginable. What a time to be alive.
    Apart from the nuclear aspect it's almost if we lived in the 1930's - 1940's...
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)