Deleted

Healing Class Stacking

Hello,

I am a Resto Druid considering to reroll Mistweaver Monk due to boredom of HoT-spam playstyle. My only concern is that our current healer setup is Holy Paladin, Resto Druid (me), 2x Mistweaver Monks, Resto Shaman.

Do you think that running 3 Mistweaver Monks is going to be viable? My guild recently cleared 10/10 HC Nightold and were considering to start Mythic raiding soon. I am not sure about running 3 same healing classes as usually a class is great at something (e.g. Druid AoE, Paladin ST), but Monks seem able to heal both AoE and ST depending on the needs (hence my doubt). Also, I am not sure which of the 5 healers above listed is going to be benched for Mythic raiding (hopefully, not me ).

I would be glad if you could share your ideas/opinions on this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eibe View Post
    Also, I am not sure which of the 5 healers above listed is going to be benched for Mythic raiding
    Considering all are parsing around the same performance levels: the worst MW monk.

Having 1 Holy Paladin is super strong. Resto Shaman SLT is strong. Resto Druid is strong AOE healing and with 2 minute tranqs it helps a lot. I don't really know what MW monk is strong at, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't compare to the other classes. If you're worried about a raid spot and your performance isn't horrid then stay resto druid.

If I were your RL I'd probably tell you you'd lose your spot if you changed to MW monk when there are already 2.

From my humble experience class stacking doesn't work well in healing department, and usually more diversity is desirable due to different strenghts and weeknesses each class has. Maybe a priest would fit? Holy seems generally solid and disc is insanely good for predictable, planned AoE bursts, even more if you have a boomkin around.

Have you tried MW Monk yet OP? I personally found it the most boring of all healer specs. Idk how anyone could main it in a raid setting...

Mw is very good for HC content but it has problems in mythic (extremely high mana costs compared to other healers + no utility for the raid). You will find yourself spamming one button more often than you probably wish.

I would go Resto Shaman or stay Druid if I were you. If your raid has like 10 moonkins then go for 3 mws.

Probably would stay druid because blizzard loves druids and hates monks (FoTM classes have more people crying on forums -> forces blizz to buff / fix bugs).

Druids get a free Innervate while monks have to spend their 100 talent on a 50% weaker version of it. Lulz.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-02-06 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerotorescue View Post
    If you're worried about a raid spot and your performance isn't horrid then stay resto druid.
    I have always parsed well as Resto Druid, it is just that I do not find it fun anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Have you tried MW Monk yet OP? I personally found it the most boring of all healer specs. Idk how anyone could main it in a raid setting...
    Yes, I have it at iL 880 and Artifact Trait 36 (5.5%).

____

Thanks everyone for the replies, I guess I will probably have to stay as Resto Druid even though I am not enjoying it as much as I used to. If you have any more inputs they are appreciated

I would keep with resto druid.

Yeah we have a lot of Rejuv spam but also still have to track 3/4 different HoTs on tank too. As a resto druid I am #2 and #1 on some fights with tank healing, as well as overall healing.

I'd say double druid or double shaman might be the best of the two to double with.

I can't say much for MW as I never really had any in the guild nor have I played one. But you are playing one of the best progression healers and highest parsing so Idk why you'd want to change unless you think the gameplay is dull which I think it's not.

I've been even running a lot of Spring Blossom with the new 2 piece bonus (4,000 mastery) it has become very strong and even lighten my "Rejuv" spam style. you should post some logs

Also 5 healer is normally for Mythic Progression so I wouldn't expect any nerfs, i'd actually be mad if i was core raider and got benched, i would think about leaving.

resto druid, resto shaman or paladin

why play anytihng else when the state of healing is as garbage as it is currently honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Eibe View Post
    I am a Resto Druid considering to reroll Mistweaver Monk due to boredom of HoT-spam playstyle.
    Funny... that's pretty much the reason I retired my monk and picked up my druid again.

Have you considered rolling a holy priest instead?
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.