Deleted

Shaman trinkets source?

Heyho,
    i was wondering where do i know wich trinket is good for my resto shaman so long i trusted AskMrRobot but since the Dmg legendary is higher rated then the healer trinket i was asking myself where i can look up too?
    in this forum there are mostly specific trinkets questions and i dont want to ask every thinket i got.
    Icy veins sims very outdatet and in the guys in the official wow forums came up with very strang theories.

From Nighthold specifically, the cake is probably the best, since it has mastery and they buffed the use effect. Paradox and Map are also very good, although I haven't acquired either of those to let you know, but as I use healing wave alot in my rotation I would prefer Paradox over map. As for other trinkets, Emerald nightmare ones should eventually be replaced. From ToV, a high ilvl Int/Mastery or Int/Crit trinket is very good for raw stats, or Urn from nightbane. Really depends on your play style. I like to have use effects and mana trinkets, so i'll probably aim for cake and paradox while rotating in a stat stick for specific fights where the other trinkets might not be as effective. Addressing the map trinket, I personally don't like trinkets with random stat increases because they might not line up with when you need them. I do think the legendary trinket is the best possible trinket for resto shamans, so if you can get your hands on that, use it over everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Aluriel's Mirror is terrible for resto shamans.

You can not go wrong with one or 2 high ilvl crit and/or mastery stat sticks, 870 and up. trinkets from NH, Cake can be a great situational trinket for an on demand bubble, granted you drop it in a clustered area or with melee. Ephemeral paradox could provide some mana returns. Celestial star map could bring some additional throughput, provided the rng grants mastery or crit more often. and aluriel's seems to be mostly over healing, i've heard. Outside of NH; Vial of nightmare fog (dragons in Emerald Nightmare) is still strong and naglfar fare (maw of souls 2nd boss) being a decent equivalent to it. and Amalg's 7th spine (Black Rook Hold 1st boss) as a mana management alternative. provided these all have higher ilvls, would not use below 865s of those 3 trinkets into normal and maybe heroic NH. And lastly, the Legendary trinket, will offer a very strong healing CD.

From what I've read these are the ones still talked about, however a definitive statement on which ones are best has not been made. most are situational uses at best, really.
    Last edited by killor318; 2017-02-06 at 07:22 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the fast and helpfull awnsers
    since i need more mastery i was allready aiming for the cake but was not lucky.
    i got the star map with 890 and now i dont know if i should use the mana trinket from kara or ursoc mythic.
    i have also Aluriels but the proc was really not usefull
    i guess i need to see if i run out of mana..in that case kara trinket if not i stick with ursoc and pray for cake.
    even if i dont like random procs either i tend so forget the use trinkets.

was just wondering why askmrrobot tells me BiS trinkets are:
    Dmg legendary trinket
    heal legendary trinket
    cake mythic
    Tank legendary trinket

What ilvl is the mana trinket you have? and I would definitely use the map over the ursoc trinket as intellect is more use than vers. Askmrobot will think the dmg trinket and tank trinket are great because they have the highest ilvl and therefore the highest stats. I would agree with the heal legendary and cake mythic being BiS though.

are you talking about cocoon from spider boss as your mana trinket? because the ursoc one is static vers with a haste and large int proc. (which if you wanted something similar Chrono Shard from Arcway actually procs more often) I advise flee from the cocoon trinket for mana management purposes, yes it has alot of int but from testing with my 885 heroic titan forged version, using it on CD, granted less mana than an 840 amalg's 7th spine. AMR has been pretty terrible for trinkets all of this xpac.

Think he means fluctuating energy from the mana wyrm in kara for his mana trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyance1 View Post
    Think he means fluctuating energy from the mana wyrm in kara for his mana trinket.
    yes with 860

Etraeus is proccing well enough for me, if I won't get the legendary trinket before I'm the last one to pick up Aluriel's I might try that one out. It's might be Haste, but I like me some passive procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noiza View Post
    Thanks for the fast and helpfull awnsers
    since i need more mastery i was allready aiming for the cake but was not lucky.
    i got the star map with 890 and now i dont know if i should use the mana trinket from kara or ursoc mythic.
    i have also Aluriels but the proc was really not usefull
    i guess i need to see if i run out of mana..in that case kara trinket if not i stick with ursoc and pray for cake.
    even if i dont like random procs either i tend so forget the use trinkets.

was just wondering why askmrrobot tells me BiS trinkets are:
    Dmg legendary trinket
    heal legendary trinket
    cake mythic
    Tank legendary trinket
    Because if you view them in a vacuum those 4 are in fact the best trinkets. Even without the effects, the legendary trinkets are huge stat sticks with 40 item lvl above what you would normally get in mythic nighthold. Stat sticks have consistently been good for resto shamans this add-on.

However this is only in a vacuum. As soon as you have any other legendary the combination of said legendary with another trinket will usually be better (Unless you get the bracers or something). It is however possible to equip more than 2 legendarys in askmrrobot, thus making those trinkets the best in that scenario.

What i however do not get is that the dmg trinket is valued the same as the heal trinket, that just flat out makes no sense.

Chainheal.com is a good place to get info on resto shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    Chainheal.com is a good place to get info on resto shaman
    I second this source..they have a great article about BiS Resto NH pieces up right now..

Naglfar fare from MoS is ok but it scales really poorly in higher content. The shield is quite small even at 875ilvl so it gets popped easily and you lose the HoT. SO for +2 to +6 keystones and normal raids, in can account for as much as 5-7% of total healing. Once you get to +10 and heroic raids it drops as low as 1-2% because the HoT never gets to tick.

Vial of Nightmare Fog is really good if you can get a decent 875+ one

Auriels mirror proc accounts for 4-5% of total healing, but nearly 50% of that is over healing.

Heightened Senses isn't great. Vers is a big stat waste when you consider you could be getting Int/mastery/crit and the proc has a 25% up-time so you risk it triggering when you don't really need it.

I personally would go stat sticks if possible. Urn from nightbane is probably a BiS trinket. You find nearly all the top raiding resto shaman use it. That and the stat stick from Heroic or mythic Helya if you can get one with mastery/crit

So outside of legendaries, i would put the top 3 trinkets as Urn, Brine Water Slime, Star Map. And be sure to do every world quest that rewards an intellect trinket as you can get lucky titanforge procs.