Thread: Mythic Botanist

Mythic Botanist

Hello!

Looking for any tips or tricks for this boss. It seems like it ranks on the lower end of the middle tier. Were there any things you wish you knew going into progression that you know now?

Order most commonly seems to be NAS.

Outside of the absorbing of abilities what else is there that wipes guilds? Not overlapping CDs appropriately for orb explosions? Not focusing adds (especially when they spawn out of orbs) back to back before they overrun you? Clearing spores correctly?

Chew~

I was wondering if the macros that I've seen on the kill videos, for Call of Night, are from big wigs (or some sort of addon) or some kind of made macro, seems quite helpful anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranged spread out for adds sufficiently. Don't stand underneath fire orbs on their death (naturalist dead before solarist). Beyond that nothing significant happens until phase 3 depending on your kill order. Mechanically, no matter how you do it, it's easy until phase three where whatever strat you're using comes into play and the actual fight starts. The first 2/3 are like a glorified trash pull then it's like "oh shit, this is a boss".

If you want to suicide Call of the nights in P3 when doing Solarist last - make sure you leave some spores up. Unless you transition with plasma spheres up (which is sort-of messy), you will get 2x call of the nights before the first plasma spheres even spawn. We went for a "keep first 2 calls alive because absolutely nothing is happening for the first 40 seconds anyway, suicide the rest"-strategy, and a pull that really should have been a kill ended in a wipe because we suddenly realised we had no way of suiciding calls #3 and #4 outside of trying to get them into a solar collapse (by which time everything had spun out of control).

Likewise, if anyone is stood on the tank at all in P3 and gets the debuff, it's pretty much a guaranteed wipe. It's better you don't DPS and get in a proper position for the first ~5-10 seconds of P3, than risking a wipe (hello shadowstepping rogue).

Apart from that, plasma spheres that are up when a boss dies changes to the next phase version. Had an early P3 wipe to that as well expecting adds to spawn, but instead getting our melee raped by spores.

Not sure there's anything else that's not glaringly obvious. @EzG, question - you say don't stand under fire orbs on their death. Did you still pull the bosses around to cleave the adds? I know we had a few early attempts where melee sometimes got hit by an add and things went to shit, but they fixed it fairly quickly, while still dragging the boss between two orbs (doing orb->cleave->run to other orb that ranged finishes off before they get there->cleave adds->spawn controlled chaos->run back to first orb, repeat). Helped optimise damage a lot to have melee cleave 2/3th of the adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Dracodraco We had the boss on the orb furthest to his "throne" area and had melee cleave that one, but beyond that the range completely handled orb damage unless melee had movement abilities to get to the second orb. The little adds were prioritized immediately and didn't need the tanks moving the boss all the way to the other ones for cleaving as they died quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    @Dracodraco We had the boss on the orb furthest to his "throne" area and had melee cleave that one, but beyond that the range completely handled orb damage unless melee had movement abilities to get to the second orb. The little adds were prioritized immediately and didn't need the tanks moving the boss all the way to the other ones for cleaving as they died quick enough.
    Yea, killing the adds wasn't the idea for optimising the damage, things such as marked shot cleave etc and never switching off the boss (just throwing out aoe abilities when orbs/add spawn) was what we were doing. I guess both ways work, but don't melee usually have to move for the controlled chaos anyway then move back in position? EG, as we were doing:

Throne orb-> Back orb->CC spawns, run back to throne orb.
    You'd be doing Throne orb->Run away from CC->run back to throne orb, right? So about the same movement but with less benefit from cleave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Yea, killing the adds wasn't the idea for optimising the damage, things such as marked shot cleave etc and never switching off the boss (just throwing out aoe abilities when orbs/add spawn) was what we were doing. I guess both ways work, but don't melee usually have to move for the controlled chaos anyway then move back in position? EG, as we were doing:

Throne orb-> Back orb->CC spawns, run back to throne orb.
    You'd be doing Throne orb->Run away from CC->run back to throne orb, right? So about the same movement but with less benefit from cleave.
    Tbh we didn't even really run from cc. We stayed far enough from those adds so that the people targeted knew to get away then they were tackled and one shot by everyone else. The movement for melee/tanks was minimal and only happened for naturalist healing circles, and arcanist circles, and even then it was minimal. Our range were capable enough to nuke down the second orb and adds just as fast as the melee cleaving them on spawn.

Can you safely disengage over Solar Collapse without taking damage?
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

There is no concept of vertical distances, so if you are over the Collapse when it explodes you will take damage, but if disengaging brings you past the radius before it explodes the game will correctly register you as moved.

Deleted
    My guild is also working on this boss, Think we should have had a kill last sunday but our Raid leader wasnt there so i was stepping in and probably did a few bad calls in p3. We are 5/10 mythic with spellblade down aswell (Even before the nerf , We have around 40 wipes on Botanist with 14% being best try in p3. Our p3 tactic (which may be totally shit i realize that fact) goes like this.

We dont have anyone stand infront of boss, We suicide call of the night with shamans trying to use totem to res them, We did this for all of the call of the nights we got (3, which means 6 players) while also only dispelling tank at around 45% after the first orbs. Then we never dispell the tank again and keep dpsing boss.

At second thought i maybe should have told our raiders not to sacrifise first call and keep for 2nd and third since our best wipe count was around 15% and the last call of night coming in at around 25-20%.

This is more me asking for tips than giving the OP tips im realizing right now, Sorry for that but hopefully your guild and mine will kill it soon so we can go Tich :P
    Last edited by mmoc377f01d2ed; 2017-02-14 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasalina View Post
    My guild is also working on this boss, Think we should have had a kill last sunday but our Raid leader wasnt there so i was stepping in an probably did a few bad calls in p3. We are 5/10 mythic will spellblade down aswell (Even before krosus and the nerf to spellblade), We have around 40 wipes on Botanist with 14% being best try in p3. Our p3 tactic (which may be totally shit i realize that fact) goes like this.

We dont have anyone stand infront of boss, We suicide call of the night with shamans trying to use totem to ress them, We did this for all of the call of the nights we got (3, which means 6 players) while also only dispelling tank at around 45% after the first orbs. Then we never dispell the tank again and keep dpsing boss.

At second thought i maybe should have told our raiders not to sacrifise first call and keep for 2nd and third since our best wipe count was around 15% and the last call of night coming in at around 25-20%.

This is more me asking for tips than giving the OP tips im realizing right now, Sorry for that but hopefully your guild and mine will kill it soon so we can go Tich :P

I mean, I'm biased, and I already posted once, but as said - *nothing* is happening for the first 25 seconds of call of the night #1, then the plasma orbs usually spawn which again, doesn't do a lot, and at 40 seconds (with 5-10 seconds left on first calls), second calls go out and things become super sketchy. If you keep the first two alive, which is very, very easy (just dodge left and right through the solar collapses for the 2 people in it - just make sure you know which side you're going to), as you said yourself, you can totem ress #3 and #4, and then the last 2 at 25% boss health are entirely insignificant.

kill in the NAS order

p1: just do heroic tax basically(ie stand out of shit, kill adds fast etc)
    p2: basically the same, just need to be careful with the plants sprouting from the orbs, try to kill arcanist before an orb phase and not during
    p3 stack in middle, dont dispel tank, have people with debuff run out with 1 guy and die when he casts the next two debuffs save CR and shaman totems for this, and try to save them for healers if you can, dispel tank if he cant take anymore damage, run out from fel seeker, rinse repeat, kill him before you die

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE have anyone stand close to the tank in p3
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-02-14 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    Can you safely disengage over Solar Collapse without taking damage?
    Yes, disengage/boomkin wild charge and heroic leap over the collapse and you take no damage.