Chronomatic Anomaly & DPS

Hey guys,

My guild has started progressing through Mythic and we've currently just finished our first night (Skorp down, 20+ attempts on Chrono) and I'm pulling significantly lower than I think I should be.

My Character: Xhang

I've done a lot of reading on the first three fights in NH Mythic especially, watched videos and analyzed logs and it's becoming quite hard to compare my logs to those of anyone in the top 100 lists for any of these fights as basically everyone has Katsuo, DHC or both whilst I'm only rocking Prydaz and MoTL legendary's.

I did however finally find ONE player with the exact legendary's I have at a similar ilvl so I compared our logs.

Him

Me

Now, I unfortunately don't have a kill log as the lowest we got the boss on any of our attempts was 22% so if the logs aren't enough to go off I'm essentially pulling 420k DPS on average over our 19 attempts/wipes (I died before raid wipe only twice out of the 19 attempts) which from what I can tell is really, really low for my ilvl and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

During adds phase I'm assigned to the add that doesn't have the boss tanked on top of it as I have the movement speed ring so I miss out on the extra cleave but I can't imagine that would really factor in too much(?) regardless I have tried multiple time periods.

I've tried the following:

• Popping my second SEF during adds phase
    • Popping SEF during adds phase just after the first big add has died.
    • Popping my second & third SEF once we're back on the boss after adds phase for "Power Overwhelming"
    • Changing my timing for FoF during every phase of the add period.

I've even tried focusing on just single target as everyone else in the raid is always doing more single target than me while I was cleaving and I'm still at the bottom of the dps.

Whether this is important or not I entered NH behind the rest of my guild at around 880ilvl as I had re-rolled mains and after getting a lot of gear from heroic I lost about 12% overall Mastery, but only because all the SIMS I did for new gear indicated the new gear was a DPS increase.

I'm basically asking anyone to help me figure out what I'm doing wrong and what I could do better as I'm basically only getting a raid spot thanks to the majority of my raid being melee and me having a 25% movespeed aura.

Hello. If you aren't doing so already, you should use checkmywow to see where you can improve. I found an attempt where you died four seconds before the wipe. You can see the results here:
    http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/Km...Y/148327668/22

If you look at the cast efficiency tab, you can see that you could potentially have cast Energizing Elixirs twice more. You also missed a cast of SotW, FoF, RSK and two of WDP. In the next tab, you can see that you were energy capped for half a minute in the fight.

The missed casts and being energy capped could be a symptom of standing outside waiting for a time bomb to explode, but you should always try to cast all of your abilities and spend as little time energy capped as possible.

If you look at the last tab, you can see that one of your FoF only hit three times. Perhaps the target died or you clipped it with another ability or turned away. That is also a contributor to lower DPS.

I tend to line up my SEF with my hardest hitting abilities. This means I always try to get a SotW, a FoF, a WDP and a few RSKs in during the cooldown. I don't always succeed, but unless the fight has a particular phase where you do extra damage, that makes the most sense. Since you have two stacks of SEF, it should be fairly easy to accomplish this as well.

On some attempts I do not see a second potion either. I usually use mine on the third add, since that is the add that we need to kill fastest, to break the boss' Power Overwhelming casts.

Cheers man, I appreciate the help.

Another question, would you say "Power Overwhelming" is the best time to use ToK?

I think ToK on progress should primarily be used defensively. With that being said, your raid takes a lot of damage during Power Overwhelming, so that is definitely a time you can use it to great effect. Depending on how many stacks you take of the first Power Overwhelming, I'd probably use both ToK and Diffuse Magic then, and use the second casts at some point later in the fight when I feel I need some mitigation.

If you move out with time bomb, you should also place a transcendance to get back in. It is awesome for avoiding the blobs walking out from the center, and it will also heal you slightly.

You did forget one thing. He has 47 trait points and you only have 36, that is a considerable amount more damage he is doing.