Pokemon: Cobalt & Amethyst. Yes, an ENTIRE Pokemon game in vanilla Minecraft.

This guy has been working on this project for over two years since I subbed to it and holy crap.

Custom modelling out the wazoo, more command blocks than should be possible to fit in one world, but there's no mods in sight. I just hope that, being 1.8 based, the command block lag isn't too bad for me. I've heard upping your allocated RAM and lowering render distance can help that.

Seriously, I've seen minigames built in Minecraft. Things like Space Invaders or Peggle. Never full scale GAMES. Is Minecraft even a game anymore or closer to a game-building platform?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I mean...

Sethbling built a working Atari2600 (using ONLY DEFAULT ASSETS) in MineCraft as well as a WORKING CELL PHONE (with minimal mods) so...anything is possible at this point.

Also I gave this Pokemon game a go already, and it is really well done. My only gripe is having to constantly hit a button to get into the chat so you can click on the forward arrows...wish there was an easier way for them to handle text.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Having finally had some free time to play this proper I'll mention a few things:
    -the "Youtuber's Edition" which massively increases level speed is an option for the lazy. This by default has exactly as much running around in tall grass as you'd typically find in a Pokemon game.
    -I did have a crashing issue loading up the game which was resolved by simply turning my graphical settings (that weren't specified as necessary like the render distance, I'm talking stuff like particles) all the way down until the game starts proper and you're in your house.
    -it actually comes bundled with an automatic map backup-er, which is really handy. I'll keep this thing for future maps. So far no issues that have needed to revert to it but better safe than sorry.
    -it's seriously awesome, both aesthetically and mechanically. Check out some screenshots from Mezzo Town:

Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-05-15 at 11:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

This looks amazing!

Just for the record I did stop playing the map eventually. It really is as big as an actual Pokemon game and lead me to realize, as my first Pokemon game, I'm not very good at Pokemon!

Nevertheless, I made it all the way through Fracca and got my Wrangle Badge. That place is truly one of the most incredible builds in Minecraft, and that is saying something.

If you give the map a go I highly recommend bookmarking a type map. Pokemon is a lot more complicated than I thought!

Looks interesting!

Deleted
    Looks bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    poor guy, nintendo is gonna go after him for making a "pokemon" game. Plenty of amazing fan games have been made only to be shut down by the companies that own the ip
    The original Pixelmon mod (a popular Pokémon-in-Minecraft mod) got C&D'd by Nintendo a year or so ago (None of the servers running it were affected) but that caused a few groups to start up their own versions based on it.