Poll: Has the Rising Cost of the WoW Token made you unsub?

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hows them prices.
    Last edited by Greenmagoo; 2017-02-18 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmagoo View Post
    Hows them prices.
    If asking seriously then lower than when OP made this "I quit thread" while still higher than before the announcement of the change.
    https://wowtoken.info/

sub ran out today dont have enough gold to resub since I spent 170k gold exchanging it for $30 to faction change one of my characters. I might return in 7.2 with $15 sub fee to try it out but who knows. Bought the star wars humble bundle and going to play OW/Witcher series and some mobas without worrying about RNG life. feels good.

OP you know you can just pay $15. I never get why people just won't pay $$ if they don't have the gold. If you go to the movies that costs you like $15 per ticket. That gets you 2h of entertainment vs wow which for some is hundreds of hours a month.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2017-02-19 at 10:55 AM.

As a part of third world country 15€ is like you paying 60€ sub fee for wow. Do you really pay 60€ for a month sub? After wow token price increase ill likely quit for good. Im not raiding actaully just farming mounths,achivments and thats it. Before legion i had 1millon gold and i spend last 190k for wow token and this is my last month.

Btw movies cost 3$ for my country, imax is 6$

Last edited by silverspring; 2017-03-25 at 12:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. I have a recurring subscription. I used WoW Tokens to play for free during most of WoD because gold was so plentiful, but if I could have exchanged them for Battle.net Balance back then I'd probably have converted them all into Hearthstone cards instead of game time. I redeemed the last of my tokens for Overwatch lootboxes during the Lunar New Year event.

hell no. I am more apt to actually spend the 20 bucks now.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
    As a part of third world country 15€ is like you paying 60€ sub fee for wow. Do you really pay 60€ for a month sub? After wow token price increase ill likely quit for good. Im not raiding actaully just farming mounths,achivments and thats it. Before legion i had 1millon gold and i spend last 190k for wow token and this is my last month.

Btw movies cost 3$ for my country, imax is 6$

Where do you live? I wanna live there!

Nope, gold just keeps appearing in my bags from all the stuff i do, having 10 chars 110 also helps a lot

Deleted
    Yes. 200k is too much for me to wait behind all those timegates incoming in 7.2.

I will be back in about 3 months when I can do content at my own pace and not at the pace Blizzards tells me to.
    Meanwhile, kiss my 45 euros goodbye.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Nope, the higher the better for me.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

As an eu player who did wow his routine for quite some time since its launch, 200k gold aint worth it and paying sub while all these fresh games are out there, is a no - no.

I had a good laugh when tech news websites made articles on the state of WoW token prices. Too bad there was no token in my years past that I had more free time. That is when I was strapped for cash.

I might buy with cash a token or two at the current price. Although, there is not much I would really spend it on. I think there should be more interesting mid range gold sinks. Most are targeted to those who would buy tokens with gold.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-06-06 at 04:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Might buy another token just to be able to see Tomb of Sargeras, but most of the tokens goes toward getting a free copy of Destiny 2, which isnt too bad at 35$ right now.

Once i cant pay for another month with a token i'm out, really not worth it.

not really, I don't miss the 16.50 AUD a month it costs to keep an active sub, even went on hiatus for 3 months and kept the sub open just incase i felt like playing...

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted "Overwatch needs a playable Murloc". You just know it's going to be a Chipmunked Terry Crews voicing Murky wielding the Doomfist.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

It didn't make me quit but it made me question if I should be spending $15. Once it passed 50k gold a month it supassed my ability to generate that kind of gold without specifically dedicated hours a day to farming for it and I don't want to play a game where I'm just trying to generate enough to keep playing.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Let me be 100% clear this is not a I Quit thread.

As someone who has stayed subbed via WoW tokens since there release, The price rising has made me decide to quit.
    If your first sentence in a post states it is not an I quit post, the second sentence should not contain the words indicating you are quitting!

Anyhow I voted the price is fine. If people are just logging in to farm gold, to give them the ability to log in and farm gold, for the sake of farming gold to be able to log in, well etc...then all the power to you folk.

I just accumulate gold playing normally and eventually pool it to buy a pet or a mount. Bought a carry once (to get a mount).

If more people think like you do, the demand will drop and the price will as well. Or alternate, more fun ways to buy a token will show up (overwatch or hearthstone, or...) to raide demand and process. Blizz wants higher prices so people will buy the tokens with cash to be able to sell them as a token makes them a bit more than an actual sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-My subscriptions is ending
    2-The token price has nothing to do with it.

I am just burned out. My subscription will end in a week or two so I won't renew it. When I will come back (I am sure I will), I just will switch to the traditional subscription model.