Thread: Fury vs Arms

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Erm yeah? Not saying Fury is rocket science but its definitely more complex than Arms.
    Defiantly not. Arms isn't hard either, it just requires attention and little room for error. Fury is just Fury.

Was thinking about dusting off my Warrior--can someone explain how Fury is complex? From what I can tell it's pretty much hitting buttons on cooldown and waiting until 100 rage to Rampage. Is there anything else to it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans2 View Post
    Was thinking about dusting off my Warrior--can someone explain how Fury is complex? From what I can tell it's pretty much hitting buttons on cooldown and waiting until 100 rage to Rampage. Is there anything else to it?
    Use Raging Blow and Stone Heart proc (if you got the legendary ring) when enraged and at 100 rage before using Rampage. At least that's how I do it

I guess the main problem about arms is that using Draught + 4p makes you lose a ton of Mastery. Fury in other hand will benefit alot, specially for long fights with execute.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said they're both very close and honestly comes down to personal preference.

That said, I think I'd rather uninstall WoW than play Fury. The simplicity of the spec is just so boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PacketJ View Post
    Haha probably I'm one of the minorities but I am from Group 1. Say what you need to say the fury is more fun than arms, I never see it that way. Probably because I used to play 2h weapons on every MMO.
    Exactly!
    Only reason you need a second weapon is if you're compensating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    As others have said they're both very close and honestly comes down to personal preference.

That said, I think I'd rather uninstall WoW than play Fury. The simplicity of the spec is just so boring to me.
    Then youre doing it wrong. Fury is far from simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlafmangel View Post
    Then youre doing it wrong. Fury is far from simplicity.
    I dunno I think it's pretty simple, it's very linear in gameplay and very predictable with quite clear cut simplistic (albeit busy) gameplay. Arms requires constant tracking of procs, adjusting to heavy RNG and off-gcd rage management. By all accounts Arms is a lot more complex than Fury.

I dont think Fury is bad, actually I think it's a fantastic gameplay design with a few flaws but ultimately very enjoyable to play where as Arms is flawed at the core, and can be incredibly frustrating to play. I really enjoy Arms too though when RNG isn't against you, it has potential at least. But if we're talking complexity or difficulty, Fury is pretty low on the list of overall specs, Arms is by comparison one of the hardest specs to master in Legion.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Fury is predictable and fairly linear.

Arms is unpredictable, volatile and chaotic.

Predictability and linearity is easy to learn and adjust to. You can settle into a solid rhythm and be in a comfortable spot where you know what to expect and don't have to react on the fly so much. This is what Fury is. Playing Fury gives you a lot more space and mental resources to play the encounter and pay attention to fight mechanics while not sacrificing too much attention on performing optimal rotations.

Unpredictability and constant change is hard to adjust to, and a constantly mounting challenge to react to. There is no set rhythm to settle into, and you can never relax and become complacent because you have to be always on guard and ready to adjust. This is what Arms is. Playing Arms demands a lot of attention to cope with your rotations alone, leaving a lot less room for paying attention to fight mechanics.

It's not an opinion, guys. It's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I dunno I think it's pretty simple, it's very linear in gameplay and very predictable with quite clear cut simplistic (albeit busy) gameplay. Arms requires constant tracking of procs, adjusting to heavy RNG and off-gcd rage management. By all accounts Arms is a lot more complex than Fury.

I dont think Fury is bad, actually I think it's a fantastic gameplay design with a few flaws but ultimately very enjoyable to play where as Arms is flawed at the core, and can be incredibly frustrating to play. I really enjoy Arms too though when RNG isn't against you, it has potential at least. But if we're talking complexity or difficulty, Fury is pretty low on the list of overall specs, Arms is by comparison one of the hardest specs to master in Legion.
    I like that Fury does have some variation on performance/playability based on randomness with varying levels of Bloodthirst procs, but it never actually impedes your gameplay and just makes those moments where you do get a lot of Enrage uptime all the more fun.

Whereas Arms's RNG just feels like a huge cockblock sometimes when Tactician refuses to proc. That actually hampers your gameplay since you're wholly reliant on that sweet, sweet CS window.

I think that's the difference that matters for a lot of people. RNG that enhances your base playstyle is fun. RNG that can block you from enjoying the spec is shit.

Deleted
    They are on pretty even footing at the moment with fury having the edge in cleave/aoe and arms having the edge in single target. Play whatever you prefer!