Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Does anyone have Mythic Nighthold cache? (from Mission Table)

Curious how many mythic kills are necessary to upgrade hc cache to mythic.

If you got it, feel free to post the amount of mythic bosses you killed
    Last edited by mmocd21b4bac89; 2017-02-07 at 03:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll look it up in the game files real quick.

Just from a cursory glance, it actually appears to function differently than the Normal/Heroic thresholds though. I wonder if that is a bug.

Edit: Probably not a bug; it works out like this:

LFR - Default
    Normal - 12 Normal Nighthold boss kills OR 10 Heroic EN boss kills (cannot mix and match)
    Heroic - 12 Heroic Nighthold boss kills OR 10 Mythic EN boss kills (cannot mix and match)
    Mythic - 12 Mythic Nighthold boss kills

There's also some weird side conditions about killing any single boss 15 times, but why that exists is beyond me since it's impossible to kill the same boss 15 times before you kill -any- boss 12 times. Lol.
    Last edited by Simca; 2017-02-07 at 04:04 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Just from a cursory glance, it actually appears to function differently than the Normal/Heroic thresholds though. I wonder if that is a bug.

Edit: Probably not a bug; it works out like this:

LFR - Default
    Normal - 12 Normal Nighthold boss kills OR 10 Heroic EN boss kills (cannot mix and match)
    Heroic - 12 Heroic Nighthold boss kills OR 10 Mythic EN boss kills (cannot mix and match)
    Mythic - 12 Mythic Nighthold boss kills

There's also some weird side conditions about killing any single boss 15 times, but why that exists is beyond me since it's impossible to kill the same boss 15 times before you kill -any- boss 12 times. Lol.
    thanks a lot

bullshit. 1st cache was normal even if i have 100++ mythic en kills.

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    actually the cache didnt have a label, but the item from it was depending on difficulty, with new main, that didnt raid mythic EN, I got normal loot, but old main, that raided mythic EN, got heroic loot, even tho I havent even been to heroic NH with him at the time

So, i've got exactly 12 mythic kills. Did i need to have 12 mythic kills before receiving the mission or before starting the mission? If i needed 12 before recieving it, does the mission pop up again if I intentionally fail it?
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    So, i've got exactly 12 mythic kills. Did i need to have 12 mythic kills before receiving the mission or before starting the mission? If i needed 12 before recieving it, does the mission pop up again if I intentionally fail it?
    This is how it worked with WoD garrisons, if people reached the threshold After receiving the mission, then they could intentionally fail the mission and right after that they received upgraded version of the mission. I don't know if it still works like that but I would take the risk and try it.

With NH you can't see which version the mission item is, but they all have different item IDs. I made this macro that shows the ID of an item, and for Nighthold mission items it should also tell if the item is LFR, normal, HC or mythic version (I have not tested this with all the items, but if higher number is always higher difficulty then it should give correct info). To use it you need to run the macro while mouseover the mission item:

Code:
    /run q={147,149,151,153,171,174,178,181,172,175,472,182,173,177,180,183}d={"LFR","Normal","Heroic","Mythic"}n,l=GameTooltip:GetItem();n,i=strsplit(":",string.match(l,"item[%-?%d:]+"));print(i);for n=0,15 do if q[n+1]==i-140000 then print(d[n%4+1]);end;end
    (edit: corrected IDs for Elisande HC/mythic)

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Just from a cursory glance, it actually appears to function differently than the Normal/Heroic thresholds though.
    That's interesting, I'm curious about from which game files you can find such info?
    Last edited by impending doom; 2017-03-05 at 06:56 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 15 times is probably to account for kills without loot. This being you killed the first boss 15 times in the same week?

I got a heroic cache on a character that hadn't even killed one heroic mode boss in NH.. i'm presuming its because I had killed numerous mythic EN bosses on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    The 15 times is probably to account for kills without loot. This being you killed the first boss 15 times in the same week?
    Because of the lockout system for mythic you can't kill any boss more than once per week

You can kill a boss multiple times per week on Heroic, although non-rolled loot obviously only comes from the first kill. I'm assuming this only applies to kills where you are eligible for loot? ie if there is a 15 Heroic kill requirement, you couldn't just kill the first 2 bosses 7 times each (plus 1)?

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    This is how it worked with WoD garrisons, if people reached the threshold After receiving the mission, then they could intentionally fail the mission and right after that they received upgraded version of the mission. I don't know if it still works like that but I would take the risk and try it.

With NH you can't see which version the mission item is, but they all have different item IDs. I made this macro that shows the ID of an item, and for Nighthold mission items it should also tell if the item is LFR, normal, HC or mythic version (I have not tested this with all the items, but if higher number is always higher difficulty then it should give correct info). To use it you need to run the macro while mouseover the mission item:

Code:
    /run q={147,149,151,153,171,174,178,181,172,175,182,472,173,177,180,183}d={"LFR","Normal","Heroic","Mythic"}n,l=GameTooltip:GetItem();n,i=strsplit(":",string.match(l,"item[%-?%d:]+"));print(i);for n=0,15 do if q[n+1]==i-140000 then print(d[n%4+1]);end;end

That's interesting, I'm curious about from which game files you can find such info?
    You sir, are a legend.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

It didn't have any indicator (so we assumed normal), but I looted hc elisande relic from my first quest box.

11 mythic kills and I got Heroic trash :I. I will never again volunteer for bench............

Deleted
    got heroic cache mission since I only had 11 myth kills, so I killed my 12th mythic boss and failed mission on purpose. didn't reapear!

figured out that you might want to know.
    Last edited by mmocd21b4bac89; 2017-02-23 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    got heroic cache mission since I only had 11 myth kills, so I killed my 12th mythic boss and failed mission on purpose. didn't reapear!

figured out that you might want to know.
    thats always been the case with those missions a fail is a fail, also you need 15 Mythic boss kills since Highmaul to get the equivilent Mythic Caches.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I got a heroic Nighthold cache on my lock despite having no heroic Nighthold kills.

I have 3 full normal mode clears.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I got a heroic Nighthold cache on my lock despite having no heroic Nighthold kills.

I have 3 full normal mode clears.
    Do you have heroic/mythic EN kills? I think I remember reading that they counted for the NH cache, but a difficulty down

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    thats always been the case with those missions a fail is a fail, also you need 15 Mythic boss kills since Highmaul to get the equivilent Mythic Caches.
    Any sources? Because the 7/10M guild on my realm said they got theirs at 11-13 area, no later. they hadn't got their 15th kill when it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Do you have heroic/mythic EN kills? I think I remember reading that they counted for the NH cache, but a difficulty down

I do have enough mythic EN kills to get a mythic EN cache, yes.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Any sources? Because the 7/10M guild on my realm said they got theirs at 11-13 area, no later. they hadn't got their 15th kill when it showed.
    My friend got a mythic cache while he had 14 mythic NH kills, but a raider in their guild who was benched on a few fights got a heroic one instead, so indeed it seems the threshold lies somewhere around 12-14 mark.