Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

[TV] Marvel's Iron Fist

Yep, can't wait. I lust me some Jessica Henwick.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

That looks amazing.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Netflix haven't put a step wrong yet with their Marvel TV series.

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Despite being a DC fan and overall preferring DC tv shows (yet still Marvel movies), I thoroughly enjoyed Daredevil S1 & 2 alongside Jessica Jones S1 when I watched them back to back last year. I am really looking forward to Iron Fist, and need to watch Luke Cage as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the Defenders, this is the one I've got the highest expectations for. I'm a big Iron Fist fan, so my bar is set pretty high for this...

That said, everything I've seen so far for this show, and all of the previous MarvelFlix shows have been epic, so I don't really see how this can't live up to my expectations!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I always just invert the rotten tomatoes score.

Just ignore the critics and just enjoy it for what it is.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Just ignore the critics and just enjoy it for what it is.
    Exactly. Tbh, critics RAVED about Luke Cage, said it was MarvelFlix best show yet... I thought it was really rather mediocre, started out well and ended very poorly.

So I think while it's fine to use critics as a barometer, you can't choose if you're going to watch a show or not based totally on their word.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Exactly. Tbh, critics RAVED about Luke Cage, said it was MarvelFlix best show yet... I thought it was really rather mediocre, started out well and ended very poorly.

So I think while it's fine to use critics as a barometer, you can't choose if you're going to watch a show or not based totally on their word.
    Really? While I liked Luke Cage I would say its the weakest of the marvel netfix series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Really? While I liked Luke Cage I would say its the weakest of the marvel netfix series.
    I would agree.
    So far Daredevil has killed it; mostly due to excellent casting of side characters, particularly Kingpin and Punisher!

Jessica Jones was great, with the chemistry between Jessica and Kilgrave making for fantastic viewing.

Luke Cage started out brilliantly, with Cottonmouth and Black Mariah working very well... Then towards the end I just felt the show started to really drag, and by the end I'd totally lost interest. The totally laughable final fight with Diamondback not helping at all.

However, critics seemed to totally love it, and before I watched the show I read nothing but rave reviews.

Looks good, can't wait to BingeFlix it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All that being said. I'm a fan of silly martial arts stories and tend to rate these things higher than critics because I enjoy the choreography and themes. I'm sure it'll have some of my favorite Marvel moments to date even if it's somewhat lackluster(or even a pile of excrement).
    I was thinking the exact same... But apparently the fight scenes are actually the worst part of Iron Fist, which has me really worried. I was thinking that even if the story is total garbage, they would at least make sure the fights were on point.

Seems I was wrong.

I was thinking the exact same... But apparently the fight scenes are actually the worst part of Iron Fist, which has me really worried. I was thinking that even if the story is total garbage, they would at least make sure the fights were on point.

Seems I was wrong.
    Yeah...watching the trailers, what I saw of the fight scenes left me terribly concerned because they looked...weak, to say the least. I mean, from what the trailers showed, it looks like Dr. fucking Strange is a better martial artist than Iron Fist

Deleted
    Really don't care what the critics think.

They care more about Rand being played by a white dude than the actual quality of the series.

The same way they cared more about Luke Cage having civil rights BS jammed in there than the actual quality of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* I'll wait and see. If they completely fucked the fight sequences I'll be very unhappy. I have avoided watching anything from it thus far and will happily wait another week to get a taste.
    Same, tbh they didn't even need to hire an actor to play Danny... Just hire some crazy Martial artist, spend all the money you would have spent on hiring an actor to hire the best fight choreographer you can get... Gratz, you just made a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yeah...watching the trailers, what I saw of the fight scenes left me terribly concerned because they looked...weak, to say the least. I mean, from what the trailers showed, it looks like Dr. fucking Strange is a better martial artist than Iron Fist
    I thought it looked ok, but from what I'm hearing, the trailers actually show off the better side of the fights, which is worrying... Because they only looked OK. Not good, not great... OK.

Same, tbh they didn't even need to hire an actor to play Danny... Just hire some crazy Martial artist, spend all the money you would have spent on hiring an actor to hire the best fight choreographer you can get... Gratz, you just made a great show.
    Well I think they could have easily gotten a cheaper actor and dumped money into fight choreography. Like I didn't even know this was Loras from Game of Thrones, and people are going to watch the show no matter what considering the other netflix series were so good.

Seems I was wrong.
    I liked DD1, but since then the others have been hit or miss for me, but even DD1 felt like it was more episodes than it should have been. So reading in the couple reviews I saw that IronFist really drags, it's like "uh oh". I try to manage expectations anyway. Luke Cage was one of my favorite parts of JJ, but then his own series didn't live up to it. There's other stuff on Netflix anyway, so I'll chip in a month to give it a go.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK if putting someone like Scott Adkins in that role would be preferable(even if he wasn't already in Dr. Strange), but if they have a halfway decent body double and actually put the mask on him they can swap for someone who's more capable.
    True, they could always sub in someone else for the fight scenes, they've been doing that shit since Power Rangers