Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I am half way through the series and getting annoyed the more i watch it.

Fight scenes are beyond horrible.

The whole monk-justice stuff becomes really annoying after awhile.

Barely anything super about him even up to episode 8.

Luke Cage was -way- better than this but after reading around its obvious this series was rushed for the whole defenders thing.

Also only saw a few episodes of DD, lost interest :S

Havent seen JJ yet but i have a feeling i shouldnt
    DD is widely regarded the best you really should give it another go. LC and JJ are both excellent as well. IF is widely regarded as the worst, the only redeemable thing about it is Colleen, i lose interest whenever she isn't on. The company drama? Boring, neither Joy or Ward are likable so you don't care what happens to them, the Ward "Twist" was just done in LC. Dany comes off as a naive idiot, he looked old enough during the jet crash to at least be able to think logically, The bored should have booted him out far sooner than they did, i didn't see much point to booting Joy tho.

Fight scenes? crap, IF its the most skilled fighter of the defenders, but he comes off as a shitty version of daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    DD is widely regarded the best you really should give it another go. LC and JJ are both excellent as well. IF is widely regarded as the worst, the only redeemable thing about it is Colleen, i lose interest whenever she isn't on. The company drama? Boring, neither Joy or Ward are likable so you don't care what happens to them, the Ward "Twist" was just done in LC. Dany comes off as a naive idiot, he looked old enough during the jet crash to at least be able to think logically, The bored should have booted him out far sooner than they did, i didn't see much point to booting Joy tho.

Fight scenes? crap, IF its the most skilled fighter of the defenders, but he comes off as a shitty version of daredevil.
    The danny as a kid seems to be naive lil brat with some very very bad social anxiety shit going on for him.
    Him been the iron fist and all coming back after 15 years will have effect on him interacting with the world the way you and i understand it.
    The show is miles away better then JJ,LC hell i'll even say DD.

Just because you do not understand it doesn't mean it isn't.
    The fighting scenes aside everything else about the show is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Other than the boring plotline, questionable acting, and, lack of interesting characters, you mean. If Ironfist is better than Daredevil in your world, you must be living in some kinda Earth-2 shit or something is all I can figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Other than the boring plotline, questionable acting, and, lack of interesting characters, you mean. If Ironfist is better than Daredevil in your world, you must be living in some kinda Earth-2 shit or something is all I can figure.
    Boring plot line?
    Questionable acting?
    Did we see the same thing.... if anything DD has more questionable acting then IF.
    But hey keep going.

Boring plot line?
    Questionable acting?
    Did we see the same thing.... if anything DD has more questionable acting then IF.
    But hey keep going.
    I liked Iron Fist but DD is clearly the best of the marvel netflix series. I would rank it:

Daredevil
    Jessica Jones
    Iron Fist
    Luke Cage

The danny as a kid seems to be naive lil brat with some very very bad social anxiety shit going on for him.
    Him been the iron fist and all coming back after 15 years will have effect on him interacting with the world the way you and i understand it.
    The show is miles away better then JJ,LC hell i'll even say DD.

Just because you do not understand it doesn't mean it isn't.
    They decided to make him come off as unbaringly nieve I understand why but it dosnt make him compelling. This is the guy who was beaten whenever he lost for 15 years.

He also fought his way back to new york in underground fight clubs yet it feels like he just got shot out of a portal from magical monk happy land right into a new York park.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2018-07-21 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I liked Iron Fist but DD is clearly the best of the marvel netflix series. I would rank it:
    I find it hard to rank them, since each of them has some excellent stuff, but also huge glaring flaws for me. Iron Fist's high's aren't as high as DD's, but neither are it's lows, IMO, so not sure how to judge. IF is the first of the marvel shows that didn't feel like it was stretched out. Even Stranger Things felt like it could lose an episode to tighten things up, and I loved Stranger Things. IF did meander, but none of it just said "this isn't part of the story, we just had some time to fill".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Pretty solid ranking, I would almost agree, but I'd have Jessica and Iron on the same level. I think if Iron Fist had had better fight choreography, it would have edged Jessica out.

Fingers crossed in Defenders and IF2, once Finn has had some time to brush up on his skill the character will mesh a bit better.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Horribly misused Bride of Nine Spiders. She could've been so much better.

My ranknigs would be

DD 10+
    JJ=LC 9
    IF=5
    JJ and LC are awesome but DD is phenomenal, and most of its cast are now iconic for me. I cant imagine another Daredevil Punisher or Kingpin right now. Cant say the same for Lc and JJ, the actors were good, but you could recast the and i wouldn't care too much, except actress they casted for Mariah in LC. My only gripes with LC and JJ are how in LC the only main character white dude was bad well 2 if you count Shades, and how they made Killgrave's power into a virus instead of pheromones to they could give Jessica an immunity to it.

Im still not done with IF, hard to get up interest the 5 is for Coleen, Gao, Clair, and Harold two of them are from DD. The shitty fights, The snooze fest regarding the company, boring main cast, reused plot, and imho poorly done Dany hurt it hard. Tbh Dany and Rand just remind me of a shitty version of Bruce and Wayne from Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Horribly misused Bride of Nine Spiders. She could've been so much better.
    The spider scientists girl he fought in like episode 8? i was like wtf is going on, its a fight to the death but its like she is trying to seduce him with poison, why not use actual deadly poison with the number of needles he let him self get jabbed with she could have killed him easily.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-04-13 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Iron Fist's high's aren't as high as DD's, but neither are it's lows, IMO, so not sure how to judge. IF is the first of the marvel shows that didn't feel like it was stretched out.
    This is what I took away from the show. You see hallway scene in DD and you are anticipating that and never getting it. It makes those down times much lower - which is how I view all Tarantino movies. I was more engrossed with the corporate "shit" of Iron Fist mostly due to the actors. We all love David Wenham and I loved seeing Tom Pelphery from Banshee.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Boring plot line?
    Questionable acting?
    But hey keep going.
    If you saw an Iron Fist that didn't suck, we clearly didn't see the same thing. The acting is pretty bad almost all around. Finn Jones is not good, to be generous. Only person as bad as him in Daredevil is the girl, who, while still more prominent than I would prefer, is at least not the main character of the goddamn show. And her awfulness is more than made up for by the people around her. I admit, I wasn't sure about the casting of D'Onofrio and Berenthal for their roles, but they nailed it. Even Foggy won me over, despite not actually caring for the character.

And yes, the plot line in Iron Fist is best used as a cure for insomnia. If I want boring corporate bullshit, I'll turn on USA and watch Suits or some shit like that, not a Netflix series based on a comic character. Guessing the fight scenes will be about on par, as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    This is what I took away from the show. You see hallway scene in DD and you are anticipating that and never getting it. It makes those down times much lower - which is how I view all Tarantino movies. I was more engrossed with the corporate "shit" of Iron Fist mostly due to the actors. We all love David Wenham and I loved seeing Tom Pelphery from Banshee.
    Imagine IF with fight scenes on par with what was seen in Banshee. NOW THAT would be worth watching.

I finally finished IF after a break for Breath of the Wild, and I was overall disappointed. I'd rank DDS1, DDS2, JJ, LC, IF. IF loses because it never seems like everything comes together. It was like they had a lot of pieces of a puzzle they wanted to put together for the show, and it just wasn't made to fit as coherently as it should have. I enjoyed LC but I felt the show took a bad turn at about halfway through the season, but still did a good job considering the direction they took. IF just never seemed to come together, though I will admit the fight scenes didn't bother me as much as it did others here.

Now the one thing that bugged the hell out of me was the Joy/Davos scene at the end. I can totally get why Davos has had it with Danny. Joy though? Danny was the only person that was good to her, she knew Harold set him up, so why on Earth would she want him out of the picture? She could walk back in the door at the office and take her job back, and she really should realize that Ward was right all along. Hell why didn't Ward put up a picture of her too? It's like they eliminated some key scene to set all that up and in the context of the story it doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

That said, I hope punisher ranks up there around DDS2/JJ level. After IF not coming together I'm a bit worried about how Punisher is going to turn out. also, I think I've seen Defenders is like a half season or so. They would do well to pad it with 3 episodes of the various series' supporting characters. Someone said a few pages Hogarth was way underused in IF (and that's true). I'd love to see the various supporting casts interact in some kind of parallel story. Hell I thought the cast of IF overall did well for what they had to work with.

Finally finished it the other night..

IMO its the weakest of the marvel shows, but it was still good. It had some flaws but I quite enjoyed it, Now bring on defenders.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Imagine IF with fight scenes on par with what was seen in Banshee. NOW THAT would be worth watching.
    Hell, Pelphery only had the one actual fight in Banshee and that was brutal as fuck. Took a massive amount of punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    The ONLY thing that makes me a little interested in Season 2 was Danny's appearance in Luke Cage S2. He was way more relaxed and fun there, and mocked his own "I am the immortal iron fist" bullshit.

And then this trailer doubles down on the "GRRRR" without telling us anything. Ugh.

Reports have it that Misty Knight and Colleen Wing will team up formally as Daughters of the Dragon! And Typhoid Mary will be in it! Can't wait.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?