Thread: Devos Confirmed

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, voucher programs to religious schools... are not going to prepare people well for STEM jobs which are the future. I hope the democrats become a bulwark against the stupid coming out from this administration. Otherwise we have Idiocracy in the making. With more electrolytes and guns for bears.
    Have you ever seen plants grow out of a toilet?

Exactly.

Good luck US children. You're going to need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Have you ever seen plants grow out of a toilet?
    Yes?

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    At least a couple of Republican Senators were willing to break rank on this vote. Might put them in the shithouse and make them and others break rank in the future.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Teachers unions hate her, I'm glad to see that she'll get a chance at the job.
    Just curious, if you needed life saving heart surgery, would you want a supermarket cashier to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, voucher programs to religious schools... are not going to prepare people well for STEM jobs which are the future. I hope the democrats become a bulwark against the stupid coming out from this administration. Otherwise we have Idiocracy in the making. With more electrolytes and guns for bears.
    Wait you want to drink water?!? Like the stuff in the toilet?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    DeVos is a terrible mistake, but not a surprising one.

Instead of focusing on Trump's temporary ban on immigration, this was the real issue that should've been tackled.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2017-02-07 at 06:18 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Yeah, but she gave millions to Trump's campaign, so I'm sure she's totally qualified
    Oh, the campaign he was going to pay for himself? That one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I really hope those people looking for more religious schools realize what that means, since the government can't discriminate based on faith.

More schools based on Islamic teachings, or funded and run by the Church of Satan. Or Scientologists.

Edit: Before anyone says anything, I'm okay with religious schools of any stripe, as long as they're teaching to the same curriculum as secular schools.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-07 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Another person in charge that has nothing valuable to offer for the position except a full wallet. Like their boss. poor America, will be ruled by incompetent at best idiots who can cause some real damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Oh, the campaign he was going to pay for himself? That one?
    They were gifts! So he paid it hiself (with the gifts).

It's like when someone gives you a gift card for your birthday, and you take them out to eat to that restaurant and say you'll pay for it. Using the gift card.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    McCain talks a lot about bipartisanship, doing the right thing, but when it comes to votes he always toes the company line. He's a case of action speaks far louder than his words. And his vote for Devos is a good example.

The wealthy will be fine in expensive quality private schools, and partially being paid for by taxpayer vouchers is a bonus. The poor who will have even more money pulled from their public schools and who can't afford charter schools even with vouchers, will suffer and this will serve to "keep them in their place" as Trump likes to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to suck to be poor in America, even more than it already does.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I'm glad I don't have any kids
    You'd actually be able to choose their schools. Practically Nazi Germany, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It's going to suck to be poor in America, even more than it already does.
    It's great being poor now. You get to send your kids to crappy schools with violence and horrible teachers with no say at all.

Liberals: You can abort your child on demand, but you can't choose what school they go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Having a relative who immigrated to Canada, I can say that they do not. It's very hard to get in. You have to have a skill set that they feel they need.
    Tell them the US will become war torn and your American $$$$$ needs refugee status.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Gonna start a GoFundMe so I can get appointed to an office I'm wildly unqualified for too!

Thinking Secretary of Defense.
    Doesn't he have somebody for that spot that actually is good.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, I really hope those people looking for more religious schools realize what that means, since the government can't discriminate based on faith.

More schools based on Islamic teachings, or funded and run by the Church of Satan. Or Scientologists.

Edit: Before anyone says anything, I'm okay with religious schools of any stripe, as long as they're teaching to the same curriculum as secular schools.
    Do you honestly believe they have any intention to fund non Christian schools? Or won't find some way to not fund the rest.

They were gifts! So he paid it hiself (with the gifts).

It's like when someone gives you a gift card for your birthday, and you take them out to eat to that restaurant and say you'll pay for it. Using the gift card.
    D: How silly of me, of course! Now it all makes sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    You'd actually be able to choose their schools. Practically Nazi Germany, right?
    Like the choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche?

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    If you're in a position where you can practically move your child to a different school district odds are you're well off enough for it not to be a decision you have to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Supporting someone based entirely on who dislikes them is reactionary dumbshittery.
    Judge a woman by her enemies I always say.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland