Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'd like to see Winstons Ult knock Bastion out of turret mode. Nothing worse than seeing your teams Winston hulk out and jump on a bastion, swing twice and then dies to the sentry mode. If an ult can throw a shielded Reinhardt off a cliff it should knock Bastion out of turret mode too. There isn't much a Winston can do about a bastion, an ult should be a trump card.
    I don't think it should transform him but you should be able to knock him all over disrupting the aim in the process at minimum. Even something as simple as knocking him off a payload if he's sitting there guarded by Reinhardt. That would require him to transform and re-position himself.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can we safely assume this won't go live? Even without nanoboost, bastion can heal through some crazy damage in sentry form.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Can we safely assume this won't go live? Even without nanoboost, bastion can heal through some crazy damage in sentry form.
    I don't think they changed anything based on PTR feedback before now, other than Hogs hook breaking too easily. So no, quite the opposite I think it will go live. Doesn't strike me as something people will get used to like they have Symmetra though.

Besides nana boost defense increase (which is going to be capped at 70% damage reduction so Bastion can't get 90% DR) it's really not OP, everyone said that sombra was going to be OP and wreck the meta because of her hack and look where she landed.

Bastion traded damage for survivability and I think it's a good trade off for its intended role which is tank breaker, hell he might destroy the 3 tank meta (Ana was never the problem with the 3 tank meta, it existed before her she was just the best healer in general out of everyone)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see how it's OP, once they get the damage reduction capped at 70%. Bastion will be slightly more resilient and able to heal through damage (but his heal has a pretty low cap, and can be worn out pretty quickly). In exchange, he does WAY less damage at range in Sentry, and can't assassinate enemy players nearly as well; his spread has been doubled (meaning a lot more bullets just won't hit, if people are at any distance away), his spread is always at the max setting (it used to get worse, so you could burst-fire for high accuracy), and he can no longer get headshots/crits. Smaller heroes in particular are going to have MUCH easier times against Bastion, if he sets up any distance away from a choke point.

The problematic strat with Bastion was setting up a decent distance away from a choke point so you were hard to hit and were protected by damage falloff, and just hosing people to death from that position. If you got the angles right, Junkrat couldn't easily arc bombs at you, and with some defense, you and your team could take out enemy Pharahs that tried to take you out. A coordinated flank attack could still make short work of this strategy, but against low-ranked teams who lacked coordination, it was way too strong. He won't be able to do that any more. He'll have to get way closer, put himself in much more danger, and even then he'll be less damaging than he was. Without that 35% damage reduction and the heal buff, he'd be totally useless even at lower ranks, let alone higher ranked matches.