Frost dk, question for m+

Hey, guys. I recently got my DK to 110 and I am using the Breath of Sindragosa build and loving it! It is a lot of fun.

I was wondering, should I be using the Breath of Sindragosa build for m+ as well? Or is it better to respecc to frozen pulse, icecap, frostscythe and glacial advance?

BoS is pretty strong in m+ but I believe not viable at low gear levels since you need a good amount of haste to keep generating RP.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need a specific amount of haste, that's completely incorrect. Breath works with any stats. I'm at 15% haste and have dropped as low as 12% and still do competitive damage with BoS.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

In EU we have fortified this week, so I was plannig to use Freezing Fog insted of Horn of Winter to get more damage in trash, I expect to have HRW for every boss and I think a 25-35s breath for every boss is not that bad, has anybody tried this? I'm not swimming in haste, only 20%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UNHEILVOLL View Post
    In EU we have fortified this week, so I was plannig to use Freezing Fog insted of Horn of Winter to get more damage in trash, I expect to have HRW for every boss and I think a 25-35s breath for every boss is not that bad, has anybody tried this? I'm not swimming in haste, only 20%
    It's now the main spec I run with in m+. My gear levels are quite high mind (around 902 equipped) no specific frost leggos (ring and unholy belt or ring and aggramar boots with the cloak in the bank... fml). Crit, haste and mastery around 24/21/34 and 7% verse. I've got 4 set and trinkets are Horn of valour(890-cache) and elemntal foci (900) (with 44 traits unlocked).

Thanks to the Horn of valour it's an incredibly powerful spec. On sub one minute boss fights your're hitting 1 million dps if you have CD's ready with heroism and HRW up (with some pre - trash runic power saved). Sub 3 min fights you're looking at 500-700k depending on procs. The short 2 min cds are useful on heavy trash packs or massive pulls and coupled with Sindra's fury, large trash packs melt. Freezing Fog will make howling blast your highest damaging move by far, so even without these CD's your aoe is still strong and the Gathering storm talent is the icing on the cake.

Frostscythe and Glacial advance builds are still viable in Mythic + but your ST will suffer.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2017-02-05 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNHEILVOLL View Post
    I'd always use Freezing Fog for mythic+, even in +15 with Tyrannical.

And with only HRW you should easily get more than 25-35s breath on a boss, especially with bloodlust.

Deleted
    yeah i was wondering the same thing. my ilvl is 840 ish and i am running frost scythe build but my boss dmg is just plain sad^^
    i am holding off on playing the breath build because i thought it needed more gear. but as 1 person here said it was ok with lower gear and another said it wasnt i am still unsure :/

Quote Originally Posted by groceryguy View Post
    yeah i was wondering the same thing. my ilvl is 840 ish and i am running frost scythe build but my boss dmg is just plain sad^^
    i am holding off on playing the breath build because i thought it needed more gear. but as 1 person here said it was ok with lower gear and another said it wasnt i am still unsure :/
    Seems like an excuse for being lazy not trying the BoS spec In all seriousness though, you should try it asap in order to get the hang of it and see if you're doing more damage than the OBRA build. It'll just take you 1 hour of training dummy to understand how it feels.