10+ Year Old Account

WW opening burst - draught of souls question help!

Hi folks!

Last week i picked up draught of souls ilvl 885..
    The trinket i replaced was an 850 bloodthirsty. The other trinket im using is an 870 spiked counterweight with a socket.

Only got katsuo boots for legendary

The main talent im using in the last tier is WDP.

My question with the opener is should i use the on-use ability before popping sef and after tod, as the dmg output isn't affected by the use of SEF? its all a little confusing.

Tldr: when is the most efficient time to use draught of souls during the opening burst?
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    Hi folks!

Last week i picked up draught of souls ilvl 885..
    The trinket i replaced was an 850 bloodthirsty. The other trinket im using is an 870 spiked counterweight with a socket.

Only got katsuo boots for legendary

The main talent im using in the last tier is WDP.

My question with the opener is should i use the on-use ability before popping sef and after tod, as the dmg output isn't affected by the use of SEF? its all a little confusing.

Tldr: when is the most efficient time to use draught of souls during the opening burst?
    According to simcraft, opening rotation with draught and WDP is : TP > ToD + arcane torrent (blood elf racial) > draught > SEF + FoF > SotWL > TP > RSK

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much ������
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Viffy View Post
    According to simcraft, opening rotation with draught and WDP is : TP > ToD + arcane torrent (blood elf racial) > draught > SEF + FoF > SotWL > TP > RSK
    I have been doing this, I think the logic is solid... draught is my highest DPS even though I can't do anything else during the "channel" and it gains 10% from ToD but it does not get copied by SEF so it does not benefit from the 50% extra damage the clones would deal. Your touch of death pop won't be as big since about half of your ToD is draught's "channel" time. However, ToD is only giving a 10% bonus and wasting 3.5 seconds of SEF 50% time is a bigger loss.

There are some situations where the ToD pop being bigger can make up for the difference such as if you have legendary belt and the ToD pops before 90%.

i think its a bad idea to include draught in your sef/gale burst window ..

i have tested over and over and my ToD is bigger when u follow normal rotation by including all the major damaging abilities in its window

however lately i have been using draught before ToD ... i'd CW > CJL > FSK > TP > BK > Tp > Draught > Tod into sef and so on

i have also noticed that it benefits from Hit combo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no Windwalker expert, but most of the top WW logs I've seen open with Chi Wave and FSK on the pull, then TP/RSK once in range before beginning the ToD combo, and they use Strike of the Windlord before FoF.

Chi wave>fsk>tp>sef(+xuen for me)>tod>windlord>rsk>fist of fury>wdp
    I use dragh of souls as a filler when out of energy or when tod; and sotwl or fof is on cd

one note ... if u have foci or high memento and u get a crit buff it effects the draught

i had an activation of draught+crit buff doing 3.8mil dmg resulting in 4 mil gale burst

My draught(895) looks to be my highest damage per second ability so I try to get as many in a fight as possible. I'm not sure if waiting to use it after SEF with 8 stacks hit combo would outweigh the 10% extra damage on ToD or the chance I end up delaying it too long. I know I don't want to spend 3.5 seconds of my clones casting Draught. And sometimes I hold Draught or regret not holding it due to having to avoid mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    I'm no Windwalker expert, but most of the top WW logs I've seen open with Chi Wave and FSK on the pull, then TP/RSK once in range before beginning the ToD combo, and they use Strike of the Windlord before FoF.
    This. You Chi right as counter hits 1s and then FSK in, that starts you off with 2 stacks of combo.

Also good if you have the 4pc which gives you 2k mastery after every 3rd attack. So chi--fsk--tp-you now have 3 hit combo stacks and 2k mastery buff from 4pc--rotation
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-02-14 at 07:30 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I got DoS last night. Yet to use it. Though, i am pretty useless with on use trinkets. Is there an ideal ability to macro it to? Has anyone been successful with this?

I macroed DoS with chi wave, because i use DoS as a filler, the same as chi wave.

As people have allready mentioned. Chi - FSK (pre) - TD - ToD (Racials) - Draught - SEF - and so on.

Then use Draught whenever you got room for it (FoF/RSK/SotWL on CD). In my case it rarely gets delayed while doing so, and if it does it is only some seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore