Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Yet another example of ''getting above the melee'' and 'freedom of market''.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...bling-45349446

Before you ask, yes, it's highly unusual for the President to complain that stores don't carry the merchandise of his daughter.

(Except for tinpot dictators like Jean Bedel Bokassa, who owned the stores and the companies making the clothes, so that's clearly a goal to reach for the POTUS. Jean Bedel Bokassa being, if you wonder, the absolute nadir of political accumen and dignity while in ofice for the 20th century)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-02-08 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Okay this is starting to get annoying. I know america thinks the world begins with america, that the sun revolves around america and that all our not american lives are spent watching america but there's a dirty little secret. NOONE CARES.

Seriously every time trump sneezes im hearing it on the news, you guys are fiiine. And if you're not fine you can rest in the knowledge that the rest of us will be just fine if you go back to living in huts in the swamp or w/e

TL;DR Noone cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent job of separating those conflicts of interest President Cheeto.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Excellent job of separating those conflicts of interest President Cheeto.
    Hey, his wife is still mad that she can't use her status as First Lady to personally profit from her brands right now. THIS IS IMPORTANT SHIT THAT TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER RUNNING THE COUNTRY! Family comes first before the job, right? : 3

Also, golf vacations. Because a second weekend in a row of playing golf in Florida within three weeks on the job is totally normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey, his wife is still mad that she can't use her status as First Lady to personally profit from her brands right now. THIS IS IMPORTANT SHIT THAT TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER RUNNING THE COUNTRY! Family comes first before the job, right? : 3

Also, golf vacations. Because a second weekend in a row of playing golf in Florida within three weeks on the job is totally normal.
    What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...bling-45349446

Before you ask, yes, it's highly unusual for the President to complain that stores don't carry the merchandise of his daughter.

(Except for tinpot dictators like Jean Bedel Bokassa, who owned the stores and the companies making the clothes, so that's clearly a goal to reach for the POTUS. Jean Bedel Bokassa being, if you wonder, the absolute nadir of political accumen and dignity while in ofice for the 20th century)
    "Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask instead what you can do for your country's leader's family!" - Trump 2017.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

For the sake of discussion, let's assume you had a significant other, would you let moderate the forum freely or better yet, go to your day job? Just because it's his wife, doesn't make her co-president of the United States.

Most jobs are Monday-Friday, don't be jealous because the president gets weekends off.

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    For the sake of discussion, let's assume you had a significant other, would you let moderate the forum freely or better yet, go to your day job?
    ...what?

Just because it's his wife, doesn't make her co-president of the United States.
    Not sure about the legality of it, but the first family abusing their status for personal profit is incredibly shady to the extreme, and as far as I know it's unprecedented.

Most jobs are Monday-Friday, don't be jealous because the president gets weekends off.
    When you're the president, you're signing up for a job where you do not get weekends off. That's in the job description, and if that's too much for him to handle than he shouldn't have run. It's not a job for thin skinned pussies who need their safe spaces. Buck up, cupcake.

Department stores are already hurting due to the proliferation of online retailers, Trump can complain all he wants to but Nordstrom can't afford to lose customers due to a politically contentious brand.

And honestly...if the brand was performing that well, they would have kept it. It's not like Ivanka's products are a household name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Okay this is starting to get annoying. I know america thinks the world begins with america, that the sun revolves around america and that all our not american lives are spent watching america but there's a dirty little secret. NOONE CARES.

Seriously every time trump sneezes im hearing it on the news, you guys are fiiine. And if you're not fine you can rest in the knowledge that the rest of us will be just fine if you go back to living in huts in the swamp or w/e

TL;DR Noone cares.
    OMG! When did Trump sneeze?? Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Department stores are already hurting due to the proliferation of online retailers, Trump can complain all he wants to but Nordstrom can't afford to lose customers due to a politically contentious brand.

And honestly...if the brand was performing that well, they would have kept it. It's not like Ivanka's products are a household name.
    Well, they're on their way to becoming one, the way things are going. The free publicity they are getting right now is incredible.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    OMG! When did Trump sneeze?? Do you have a link?
    Well, no, but I somehow know that he doesn't have a bathrobe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Well, no, but I somehow know that he doesn't have a bathrobe.
    You know, regardless of the context, that was a really weird comment from Spencer...

10+ Year Old Account
    ...what?

Not sure about the legality of it, but the first family abusing their status for personal profit is incredibly shady to the extreme, and as far as I know it's unprecedented.

When you're the president, you're signing up for a job where you do not get weekends off. That's in the job description, and if that's too much for him to handle than he shouldn't have run. It's not a job for thin skinned pussies who need their safe spaces. Buck up, cupcake.
    can.. can you just ban yourself from the forums? and lock this thread plz for obvious trolling

But Obummer!!1! Am I doing this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Mr Hume:
    ********* I've just read your lousy review of Margaret's concert. I've come to the conclusion that you are an "eight ulcer man on four ulcer pay."
    ********* It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful. When you write such poppy-cock as was in the back section of the paper you work for it shows conclusively that you're off the beam and at least four of your ulcers are at work.
    ********* Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!
    ********* Pegler, a gutter snipe, is a gentleman alongside you. I hope you'll accept that statement as a worse insult than a reflection on your ancestry.
    ********* H.S.T.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You know, regardless of the context, that was a really weird comment from Spencer...
    Seriously. I was like "oh my god, who caaaaares?"

It looks like traders don't pay attention to Trump's tweet anymore. Nordstrom's stock went up 4% today.

The thing is, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives very much, you have to take out their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The thing is, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives very much, you have to take out their families.
    Trump says to take out terrorist families, everyone loses their minds.

Obama takes out innocent families with drone strikes, no one bats an eyelash.