Environmentalists leave behind 250 trucks worth of litter.

CANNON BALL, N.D. - Last week, we showed you all the garbage that was left by Dakota Access Pipeline protesters at the Oceti Sakowin Camp.

Sanitation crews are working hard to dispose of six months' worth of garbage from a community the size of Wahpeton or Valley City.
    The mountains of debris need to be moved before the spring thaw occurs.

In a month, all this trash could become toxic.

"Standing Rock Environmental Protection Agency and Dakota Sanitation are working together to try and advert an environmental tragedy," says Tom Doering, Morton County Emergency Manager.

It's estimated it will take 250 trucks filled with litter to clear the camp.

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/S...412954433.html

I thought I recalled within a thread recently this was mentioned, but the response was the locals and protesters still present were cleaning this up and it was no big deal? Or is this something different?

I can't even imagine what that place will smell like come Spring thaw.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this was posted literally yesterday.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yes, this was posted literally yesterday.
    I thought maybe this was something different. The general vibe I got from that thread was it wasn't a big deal and the people who caused the mess were the ones cleaning it up. This article paints a vastly different picture.

The protesters where not there to help the environment, but the pocketbooks of the selfish Indian tribe who paid for and enticed all of this when they kept demanding more money for the pipe to cross their land, the company gave up asked a rancher and he accepted for the original price.