Poll: What is your current exp rating

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I haven't done PvP in a very long time. (BC for PVP across the board, but Wrath for Wintergrasp, since it was partially needed to be done in order to open the Vault until it was patched later, than I stopped all together.)

Did they ever add a way where I can queue for only a specific battleground and not have to do any other battleground? Such as -ONLY- wanting to play Arathi Basin or Alterac Valley, and no other battleground at all? (Similar to the way you can specific queue for dungeons: Check boxing only the dungeons you want to do.)
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Respectfully, no.

Good warriors have always known how for instance bait a spriest's disarm by using Bladestorm and then reflect it with /cancelaura into Spell Reflect.

They have always had the awareness to predict an incoming Blind (let's be honest, good Rogues aren't going to Blind randomly, we are going to Blind at the optimal point in a match) and successfully Intervene it way more often than dumb luck.

"That's just luck!" is the kind of thing people say when they don't know how to make their own luck.
    All I'm saying is that on every team I've played on, aside from Cleave, I felt like I had the easy job. I always prefered WLD, where the two casters need to worry about juking and kiting.

I've played a Holy Paladin to like 1600 juking is a freakin nightmare. You get locked and your pretty much stunned.

Deleted
    Been doing pvp even before bgs were released in vanilla. Loved those days we were raiding crossroads (barrens) with 2 full raid groups a couple of times each week lol.
    I like the current version of pvp as it offers something rewarding for everyone. My only *issue* is the balance (or lack of it) mainly because my main suffers right now in arena. I'm playing arms warrior, and yeah I could just go fury- but I really enjoy the play style of arms alot more.
    Balance have always been a problem for some class, this time it just hits my main instead of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    All I'm saying is that on every team I've played on, aside from Cleave, I felt like I had the easy job. I always prefered WLD, where the two casters need to worry about juking and kiting.

I've played a Holy Paladin to like 1600 juking is a freakin nightmare. You get locked and your pretty much stunned.
    That may be the case, but there is a difference between skill floor and skill cap.

Just because it is easy to do well with a class does not mean it is easy to play that class at its maximum potential. Traditionally there were a lot of things that great warriors could do to set themselves apart from those that were just competent.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2017-02-17 at 05:42 AM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Been doing pvp even before bgs were released in vanilla. Loved those days we were raiding crossroads (barrens) with 2 full raid groups a couple of times each week lol.
    I like the current version of pvp as it offers something rewarding for everyone. My only *issue* is the balance (or lack of it) mainly because my main suffers right now in arena. I'm playing arms warrior, and yeah I could just go fury- but I really enjoy the play style of arms alot more.
    Balance have always been a problem for some class, this time it just hits my main instead of others.
    Christ I'm out the loop, since when is Fury better then Arms in PvP? I thought Fury was damn near unplayable due to the extra damage they take.

Deleted
    PvP is much better than it ever was, because there are more people than ever before trying it out.

Deleted
    Can't wait for 7.2 brawls
    Currently for stuff like RBG you mainly want monks and DH + a lock (for healthstones). It shows how well balanced pvp is.
    For arena ww monks are busted good, and the general issue (imo) are how well burst classes performs.
    With that said, its only minor adjustments that are needed, we just have to wait a bit longer

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody smart enough to understand that pvp is a garbage determent to wow
    Wrath baby and proud of it

What has happened is Blizz has switched one evil for another. Many people here have said that PvP in legion is great because of the removal of PvP gear and the farming that it entailed, allowing a fresh dinged 110 to go into PvP and not get rekt. And, while that may be true on the surface, Blizz has replaced the gear grind for the AP grind. Even a freshly dinged 110 is neutered because he, more than likely, (1) doesnt have all his gold traits, (2) doesnt have all his relic slots, (3) doesnt have all his honor talents that fully optimize his toon, and (4) is still at ~7% deficit by ilvl alone.

My personal problem with legion PvP is the loss of customization. As a Ret pally for 6 years, i loved in MoP and WoD where, if i wanted to do arenas i could reforge to versatility, and for RBGs i could reforge to mastery. Blizz has taken away customization and basically said that every spec will play the way we deem the spec to play, which is a bad design, imho.

Obviously OP didn't understand that the people complaining about WoW already left at this point, the population of WoW is now below some other MMOs in the market because of legion alone.
    The people that complain, and still play the game, are aso about to leave, and they're the only thing holding WoW together imo, their complains are basically a cry beging the Dev team to make the game playable so that they don't have to quit.
    And the main problem isn't just PvP but the overall AP system itself - it scares players. Fuck, I stopped playing (somewhere around the release of 7.1) because I hated having "feel forced" to constantly play the game (despite enjoying to play games), and despite that not being an issue for addicted people like the ones that defend WoW isn't dying (even tho it obviously is), it scares people away from the game.
    Not to mention the lack of utility buttons since legion came out, I swapped over to SWTOR that despite being a very bad game engine-wise (hasnt been updated since launch) it has a lot more mechanisms and better balance, not to mention a better universe(star wars EU > warcraft).
    I mean, fuck, I play a toon that has ALL the utility buttons that all the healers in the entire WoW game has, and that is just one out of 8 possible classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    stuff

Have you played wrath recently? The gearing process in s8 or so was, ding 80, try to get into a fos/pos group to get up to 3k gs (no one uses that nowadays, but people did back then) or so, if you actually wanted to not be useless you farmed it to 3.5k with HoR, went to HC and started doing fos/pos/ror at HC to get to 4.5k. You still died in 2 hits against any geared character but you could do damage now. Then you started farming honour, which compared to mop took twice as long (you needed around 50k honour for a piece, a won bg was like 3k or so, + once per week you got one piece or so from wintergrasp).

So farming for weeks you had the furious mainset and the relentless offpieces, + eventually the trinket (for none humans) and some random pve trinket, you still couldnt get a pvp weapon so you either farmed enough gold to get a battered hilt (of you got lucky) or you used a random HC FOS/POS/HOR one.

Now at this point you were where you claimed you could go and do rated arenas to high rating, no you couldnt. You could get moderately high if you were a very good player and played certain classes, but a smourne war/hpala would reck you anyways cause the damage and hp/resil were just unbeatable for most classes. You basicely at this point were where a newly dinged 110 character is, after weeks of farming.

Next you had to do 10 games a week to get enough point to buy proper pvp gear, but you most likely werent able to buy most wrathfull (i.e real pvp gear) pieces because they required rating, so you had to buy relentless. Not to mention that at 1500 or so you needed 5 weeks of arena points to get a wrathfull (main) piece. So you spend your time farming wrathfull offset, where a piece cost about 62k honour. So again, weeks or bgs and wintergrasp.

Now you finally managed to get the full wrathfull set, the wrathfull weapon, enchants and professions and gems which took again a few weekss to farm just the gold for. So you had full wrathfull gear, - finished now?

Oh, no. Now its time to start farming the mythic (back then HC) raids to get the pve gear you needed, trinkets and weapons and quite a few pve offpieces were a LOT better. So after weeks of farming HC ICC (which by itself required you to farm normal ICC and frost marks to get the proper pve gear first) you finally got everything you needed and as most classes you were finished now.

As any class able to use a 2hand weapon now the grind to get shadowmourne started.

It tooks months to get at the level of the people atop of the ladder back in wrath. And even Mop gearing took a long long time, you had to farm the honour set (20k+ points, at 200 or so per win of a bg, with a piece costing 1250 to 2250), then you had to win way over 100 arenas to get all the conquest you need.

Wod gearing was amazing, yes. Despite how shitty the expansion was the gearing was awesome and almost perfect. A slight improvement of that system would be best + the current honour talents. However, the idea that legion gearing is hard compared to previous expansions is in general total bogus, its only true for wod and even there im not sure if the current system isnt faster.
    Last edited by Crruor; 2017-02-19 at 07:21 PM.

PVP sucks because it caters to PVE players exclusively in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Have you played wrath recently? The gearing process in s8 or so was, ding 80, try to get into a fos/pos group to get up to 3k gs (no one uses that nowadays, but people did back then) or so, if you actually wanted to not be useless you farmed it to 3.5k with HoR, went to HC and started doing fos/pos/ror at HC to get to 4.5k. You still died in 2 hits against any geared character but you could do damage now. Then you started farming honour, which compared to mop took twice as long (you needed around 50k honour for a piece, a won bg was like 3k or so, + once per week you got one piece or so from wintergrasp).

So farming for weeks you had the furious mainset and the relentless offpieces, + eventually the trinket (for none humans) and some random pve trinket, you still couldnt get a pvp weapon so you either farmed enough gold to get a battered hilt (of you got lucky) or you used a random HC FOS/POS/HOR one.

Now at this point you were where you claimed you could go and do rated arenas to high rating, no you couldnt. You could get moderately high if you were a very good player and played certain classes, but a smourne war/hpala would reck you anyways cause the damage and hp/resil were just unbeatable for most classes. You basicely at this point were where a newly dinged 110 character is, after weeks of farming.

Next you had to do 10 games a week to get enough point to buy proper pvp gear, but you most likely werent able to buy most wrathfull (i.e real pvp gear) pieces because they required rating, so you had to buy relentless. Not to mention that at 1500 or so you needed 5 weeks of arena points to get a wrathfull (main) piece. So you spend your time farming wrathfull offset, where a piece cost about 62k honour. So again, weeks or bgs and wintergrasp.

Now you finally managed to get the full wrathfull set, the wrathfull weapon, enchants and professions and gems which took again a few weekss to farm just the gold for. So you had full wrathfull gear, - finished now?

Oh, no. Now its time to start farming the mythic (back then HC) raids to get the pve gear you needed, trinkets and weapons and quite a few pve offpieces were a LOT better. So after weeks of farming HC ICC (which by itself required you to farm normal ICC and frost marks to get the proper pve gear first) you finally got everything you needed and as most classes you were finished now.

As any class able to use a 2hand weapon now the grind to get shadowmourne started.

It tooks months to get at the level of the people atop of the ladder back in wrath. And even Mop gearing took a long long time, you had to farm the honour set (20k+ points, at 200 or so per win of a bg, with a piece costing 1250 to 2250), then you had to win way over 100 arenas to get all the conquest you need.

Wod gearing was amazing, yes. Despite how shitty the expansion was the gearing was awesome and almost perfect. A slight improvement of that system would be best + the current honour talents. However, the idea that legion gearing is hard compared to previous expansions is in general total bogus, its only true for wod and even there im not sure if the current system isnt faster.
    No.

WotLK gearing was easy. The problem with WotLK gearing as we tried to explain to Kalgan was that there was no entry level honor PVP weapon. The removal of the honor PVP weapon in WotLk was due to the crying of PVE raiders that they had to do PVP for entry level weapon for raiding in BC.

WoD's superior gearing system for PVP was gutted because Blizz saw once again raiders doing Ashran and PVP for entry level epics for raiding once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    PVP sucks because it caters to PVE players exclusively in Legion.

No.

WotLK gearing was easy. The problem with WotLK gearing as we tried to explain to Kalgan was that there was no entry level honor PVP weapon. The removal of the honor PVP weapon in WotLk was due to the crying of PVE raiders that they had to do PVP for entry level weapon for raiding in BC.

WoD's superior gearing system for PVP was gutted because Blizz saw once again raiders doing Ashran and PVP for entry level epics for raiding once more.
    ^^^^ this!
    Not to mention how much skill mattered because we had more utility buttons than we do today (mage in s8 = 30 buttons, mage in legion = 10). a R1 glad pala reached 2700 with us on his alt wearing blues

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    ^^^^ this!
    Not to mention how much skill mattered because we had more utility buttons than we do today (mage in s8 = 30 buttons, mage in legion = 10). a R1 glad pala reached 2700 with us on his alt wearing blues
    This is what I remember about Woltk tbh.

Gearing wise, I simply remember that in 1 week, at worst, I had, like, 10-15 less item level than the very top geared pvp players. And there ended the difference.

Still there were no issues about honor talents (honor-farm gated, the easiest to achieve), artifact knowledge (time gated, rip), artifact power (AK gated and AP-farm gated, rip again) and rng items (rng gated, rip again).

I mean back in Wotlk my Frostbolt would have hit 10% less than the best geared pvp players (by having for example 10 less IL).

Right now I can't even cast Tranquillity while moving, if, for example, I am a rdruid without a golden trait, and that's just 1 golden trait among many other golden traits, let alone all the other traits (plus all the other stuff about Honor Talents, Artifact Knowledge, and rng-heavy loot).
    Last edited by Seneca; 2017-02-20 at 01:33 PM.

2250 - 2500 not all brackets, 3s only cause 2s are awful and never find any interest in 5s, from Cata to WoD, currently playing spriest - fire - resto shaman, first arenas ever in shadow spec, usually only spec shadow for Brawler's Guild or pexing.

Not really hate Legion PvP but ability pruning really hurt, it has been a complete disaster and really dumbed down the game to the point that only arena knowledge is required to get higher at ratings. Classes are extremely easy to succeed with, and mistakes aren't punished at all. I've never seen that many druids carried by their resto spec, many melee carried by their mongo damage and uptime on non-mage/druid targets. Arenas are boring as fuck.

Plus, so many things need to be deleted or reworked. They butchered the classes back in WoD and made it worse in Legion while adding ridiculous crap for braindead people, here's a shortlist of what should disappear or be replaced :

- Spell Reflect being persistant
    - Instant combat mount for Pallies
    - Divine Shield auto proc when getting a killing blow
    - No damage reduction under Divine Shield
    - Melee attacks available under HoP
    - Mage being able to cast while blinking (who ever came up with that idea really needs to kill himself)
    - Range melee interrupt (DK, DH)
    - Meta autostun
    - Tranquility while moving
    - Druid affinities

etc.

Aaaaaand they really to reduce cleave/AoE damage in PvP. People killing pets or just players because main abilities does 2X damage on main target and 1,5X damage to other targets in 8 yard range is just fucking dumb. Remove everything that is automatic or proc. Make people press their buttons to do actual stuff. Not less damage buttons, but more action buttons. Wanna snare that target ? Spend a GCD. Wanna snare the whole map ? Use a cooldown. Wanna cleave ? Use the cleave attack instead. Wanna survive ? Use DS and get back to your healer instead of mindlessly tunneling and waiting for it to proc for you. Wanna stun ? Use a cooldown. God, I'm getting sick of easy mode classes that get a package with auto snares, auto CC, auto defensives and that only promotes damaging.
    Last edited by Philomene; 2017-02-20 at 03:17 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very flawed way of polling.

Not many people who are high rated post/read here, so you're not going to get an accurate result.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    2250 - 2500 not all brackets, 3s only cause 2s are awful and never find any interest in 5s, from Cata to WoD, currently playing spriest - fire - resto shaman, first arenas ever in shadow spec, usually only spec shadow for Brawler's Guild or pexing.

Not really hate Legion PvP but ability pruning really hurt, it has been a complete disaster and really dumbed down the game to the point that only arena knowledge is required to get higher at ratings. Classes are extremely easy to succeed with, and mistakes aren't punished at all. I've never seen that many druids carried by their resto spec, many melee carried by their mongo damage and uptime on non-mage/druid targets. Arenas are boring as fuck.

Plus, so many things need to be deleted or reworked. They butchered the classes back in WoD and made it worse in Legion while adding ridiculous crap for braindead people, here's a shortlist of what should disappear or be replaced :

- Mage being able to cast while blinking (who ever came up with that idea really needs to kill himself)
    - Meta autostun
    - Druid affinities

etc.

Aaaaaand they really to reduce cleave/AoE damage in PvP. People killing pets or just players because main abilities does 2X damage on main target and 1,5X damage to other targets in 8 yard range is just fucking dumb. Remove everything that is automatic or proc. Make people press their buttons to do actual stuff. Not less damage buttons, but more action buttons. Wanna snare that target ? Spend a GCD. Wanna snare the whole map ? Use a cooldown. Wanna cleave ? Use the cleave attack instead. Wanna survive ? Use DS and get back to your healer instead of mindlessly tunneling and waiting for it to proc for you. Wanna stun ? Use a cooldown. God, I'm getting sick of easy mode classes that get a package with auto snares, auto CC, auto defensives and that only promotes damaging.
    I would put ranged stuns from melee classes as something that should go away as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I would put ranged stuns from melee classes as something that should go away as well.
    I would add back to back to back to back gap closers too. For example: (charge charge leap // shadow strike shadow strike shadow strike (etc) shadow step // roll roll roll flying kick trascendence // fel rush fel rush meta felblade) and so on.

I would also add brainless hard ccs (point and click stuns/fears/etc with no requirements, for example Hammer of Justice, which got cloned a bit too much) and passive soft ccs too (like the passive snare effects 30 specs have on their main spells/abilities, like infected wounds).

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post

- Meta autostun
    - Druid affinities

etc.

its funny because you basically listed a bunch of the reasons why I quit wow.
    After years of Blizzard you end up realizing they won't change it for the better, and chances are things just get worse with time (as it always does)

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    I would add back to back to back to back gap closers too. For example: (charge charge leap // shadow strike shadow strike shadow strike (etc) shadow step // roll roll roll flying kick trascendence // fel rush fel rush meta felblade) and so on.

I would also add brainless hard ccs (point and click stuns/fears/etc with no requirements, for example Hammer of Justice, which got cloned a bit too much) and passive soft ccs too (like the passive snare effects 30 specs have on their main spells/abilities, like infected wounds).
    Yeah I agree with all of that.