Poll: What is your current exp rating

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The poll in the OP should do a similar breakdown for those who enjoy Legion PvP.

I want to see how many of them have never been above 1400 rated XD
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Deleted
    PVP in Classic, awesome. In TBC, not so much and from then on, it was a downward spiral. Once they got rid of the "two factions at war" battle grounds, I lost interest.

Essentially PVP in WoW boils down to this: Do I want to play the consistently imbalanced mess that is WoW PVP where your class may be fun in 3v3 or 2v2 but boring in BG's or vice versa and many extremes in between or do I want to play a different game (i.e. Overwatch/Dota/CS) that has far greater balance, skillcap and doesn't suffer with games full of bots or "undergeared" players or "overgeared" players. When it was a battleground between factions, balance wasn't so important, it was more like a pvp raid with an underlying narrative surrounding classic gametypes. Back then, playing a particular role was enjoyable because battlegrounds were rarely a 5 minute affair where your enemies and friends did not matter. Now being shoehorned into a particular role and trying to trust the other 9,14 or however many other players to do theirs and anticipate/marry your talent choices, CC, damage and mitigation alongside your decision making and then the team's decision making and then all of the above for the other team, is frustrating rather than fun. BG's are a just a mess.

A game that doesn't shoehorn you into a particular role based on your class and allows you to swap and change your role in between games without so much as a whisper of a complaint: No reroll necessary. That's what every other PVP game offers. Classes that are fun in PVE are often not at all fun in PVP because of the wildly different playstyles with honor talents and different expectations which, if you're unlucky, pretty much rules out PVP as an activity unless you like playing alts. You can avoid that with every other PVP game.

So yeah - when WoW PVP was focused on presenting a battleground between two rival factions (particularly on the same server), it was fun. An experience that rode tandem with the World. Now - there are better experiences that are typically free that I would rather spend my time doing if I feel like strictly competitive experiences.

I should note I have done some PVP as, sadly, any encounter in world pvp requires that I have access to those talents and, sadly, I can't help but grind out those extra skins. I hate the honor talents, I think it adds more abilities and effects that Blizzard can't hope to balance and I hate having to swap and change my hotbars to make room for additional abilities or make a note that "oh I engaged a player, now I have gained 3 extra charges of this spell, and now it has no cooldown and deals 300% extra damage". It's... laughably illogical (from a game design POV), either make the world include those effects or don't. Reading "You've learned", "You've unlearned" every 30 seconds is a nuisance and peculiarity that was never necessary to introduce.

I like the PVP templates, that addressed a widely complained about issue with a suggestion that has been thrown at the developers for a decade or more. I dislike that PVP is still essentially balanced around 3v3 arena where I can't imagine the majority of the audience plays. I dislike that after all this time, you're still forced to give up most of your rewards for choosing a battleground you actually enjoy.

All in all, once I have the prestige for the appearances, I won't be queuing again.

Not to say I'm complaining about WoW PVP though, ignoring how I have responded here I haven't cared about PVP since TBC when I passed my feedback that I didn't like many of the coming changes.

The creation of two "sub-groups" of players in WoW that prefer PVP to PVE and who hate PVP but love PVE is another reason why the developers are unable to make consistent design choices without having to placate an angry player who has had their favourite spec butchered in some fashion in the name of PVP or PVE. They've evidently attempted to address that problem and frankly I think it's a mess. They need to give up this PVP dream and just let it exist as a tangential part of the main game as it used to. Or better yet completely separate it and have Warcraft PVP be a free to play game that can be appropriately balanced and supported as the game many want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Anybody smart enough to understand that pvp is a garbage determent to wow
    PvP was fun when it was world based and involved everyone around you, and you could run away - or someone might heal you.

It was chaotic.

These days - you walk in, get slaughtered and leave. There isn't enough time to learn any skills - you just go in and be the grinder or be the meat.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    PvP was fun when it was world based and involved everyone around you, and you could run away - or someone might heal you.

It was chaotic.

These days - you walk in, get slaughtered and leave. There isn't enough time to learn any skills - you just go in and be the grinder or be the meat.
    pvp was never fun. You want the reality of that experience again? go play gta online. See how fun it is when people can and will do everything in their power to make you leave, or lock you down until all you can do is die, respawn and die again
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    pvp was never fun.
    Was indeed fun in Vanilla ... stopped as soon as arenas turned up.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Very flawed way of polling.

Not many people who are high rated post/read here, so you're not going to get an accurate result.
    Pretty accurate, unfortunately www.arenajunkies.com which used to be the number 1 place for arena talk turned completely shit many years ago and is now just a out-shitposting forum.

People can raise concerns, here, there, about any skill from 0 to 3000, but does it really matter? How many people does it affect? less than the amount of progression mythic raiders. How many tournaments does it affect? 1, Blizzcon, which also has the biggest joke of a tournament prize pool ever.

If blizzard actually cared about WoW as an eSport they would at least provide a proper prize pool for Blizzcon. WoW eSport is so tragic the most popular arena tournament is hosted by former players who are asking for donations to make the prize pool. They should really just close it, keep skirmish arenas, remove any kind of rankings and headaches. Win 1000 arenas in the season, you get title and mount.

I'm not complaining that much though I have a few concerns. For reference, I've played warlock and shadow priest in Legion, for the most part battleground and RBGs, up to some 1700 rating (not impressive but eh, I've never been ambitious)

1. Gear. Too slow, unreliable. ... I actually wrote a paragraph, then realised it doesn't matter. Just... bring back the PvP vendors so we can decide what we want to buy. Relying solely on RNG for gear, that just has Shittatility on it isn't good. I don't like this

2. Honor talents. I do like them, but they should all become available upon hitting 110, because the grind to get the better ones (like the FC for moonkins) takes some time. Whether it's the honor talents of Legion or your freshly dinged 90 in MoP, you're still going to be behind

3. It feels ridiculously bursty at times, like DH in Metamorphosis vs my spriest. Completely not enjoyable

4. So... many... slows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.