Balance and New Moon?

Hi,

I'm about to hit 110 on my Druid and playing mostly Balance ATM, and my DPS feels lacking. I understand most of the rotation but the guides could be a bit clearer on the New Moon mechanics. Icy Veins just says to keep its charges rolling, and Noxxic just says to maintain it at all times.

At the moment I'm just casting it whenever it hits 3 stacks but I've no idea whether that's right, there's more to it, etc.

So ... any pro Boomkins care to explain how to use it optimally please?

Basically avoid capping at 3 charges. That's all there is to it.

Never let it hit 3 charges and always try to use Full Moon on multiple targets. That's all there is to it.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

For future reference, Noxxic is a joke and icyveins is only worthwhile for fundamentals.

Yeah basically what other guys are saying. No real "right time" to use it. Basically, keep it rolling, as in don't let it cap at 3, use new or half moon to gain AsP if no empowerments, try to use full moon on multiple adds, if ST, just use it to not cap.

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

fwiw, there are times it is worth saving full moon when there is an add out such as ursoc and xavius from last tier, or tichondrius adds/gul'dan + add/elisande + add in nighthold

Deleted
    If you happen to get ED and guldan trinket, try and fish guldan trinket procs before casting fullmoon to use it for weaving(without capping ap or stacks)

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    If you happen to get ED and guldan trinket, try and fish guldan trinket procs before casting fullmoon to use it for weaving(without capping ap or stacks)
    This but also full moon is your hardest hitting spell if you have full moon up and you won't 3 cap by waiting till your CA/INC is off cd hold it... I mean a CA/INC'ed up full moon crit is jesus mine hits for like 3.1 Mil if it crits lol

Just want to add to what everyone is saying, obviously never let it cap at three stacks, but if you wait to cast it when it has three you are losing DPS, if it gets to three it will not start the charge timer until you cast and remove a stack, you always want that timer moving towards the next charge. For me personally, if I ever see it at two stacks I typically cast it right then so I don't ever approach the 3rd stack and stopping the charge timer, and I am not sure if its optimal, but I usually only hold on to stacks if I know there is a need for Full Moon soon, otherwise I cast moon practically on CD.