Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    This is what annoys me about Draught. It's a really good trinket that is overvalued due to the perception people have of the meters not actually translating into real damage. I've been saying this for a while too, and people always overlook it. I fear Blizzard might just go with the crowds (like they do a lot of times) and nerf the trinket so hard, that's it's barely worth using anymore (as the net gain would become close to 0, or even a DPS loss in the end, even if the meters say the trinket is doing X% of our damage).

It's sad that people can't put 2 and 2 together and realize this. Thanks for posting this though.
    It gives less of a DPS gain for an UH DK than it does for a warrior.
    And they still slapped a UH DK only -30% damage on the thing just because it was good for UH DKs.

So I fully expect them to nerf the trinket for warriors either.

Blizzard never think twice when they detect fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    It gives less of a DPS gain for an UH DK than it does for a warrior.
    And they still slapped a UH DK only -30% damage on the thing just because it was good for UH DKs.

So I fully expect them to nerf the trinket for warriors either.

Blizzard never think twice when they detect fun.
    Adding it onto the GCD was pretty much the warrior nerf given we have one of the highest opportunity costs of the specs that can use it loosing 3 seconds inside BC, the issue of it still being strong after this stems from the sheer amount of flat % damage increases fury has to scale with spell effects from trinkets such as draught.

If they were gonna nerf it again I would guess they'd probably take the might of Krosus approach and make it auto-crit and nerf the damage accordingly.

almost 10 coins on heroic guldan and this shit never dropped, fuck blizzard

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    almost 10 coins on heroic guldan and this shit never dropped, fuck blizzard
    But Heroic Guldan hasn't even been out for 10 weeks? Assuming you cleared heroic first week, that's 4 possible coins.

And really it's been 4 weeks. You'll eventually get the trinket. Not sure why people have started to think they should have all the loot they want and need in the first few weeks of raids.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    u can kill the boss again to coin more than one time if u dident know that.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamael84 View Post
    u can kill the boss again to coin more than one time if u dident know that.
    Well shows how out of touch with certain mechanics I am these days (I didn't play in WoD). I didn't realize that lock outs didn't exist anymore outside of Mythic.

Regardless, my point still stands. Crying about not having specific loot within 4 weeks of a raid releasing is nonsense. And constantly running a raid just for coins seems like a waste of time unless your shooting for world first.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Well shows how out of touch with certain mechanics I am these days (I didn't play in WoD). I didn't realize that lock outs didn't exist anymore outside of Mythic.

Regardless, my point still stands. Crying about not having specific loot within 4 weeks of a raid releasing is nonsense. And constantly running a raid just for coins seems like a waste of time unless your shooting for world first.
    except if you already have 4 pieces, elisande trinket and dont have a good progress in mythic, the biggest upgrade for coins is just to farm guldan than

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    except if you already have 4 pieces, elisande trinket and dont have a good progress in mythic, the biggest upgrade for coins is just to farm guldan than
    Matter of opinion I guess. As an adult with responsibilities causing limited free time, wasting time killing bosses with half the chance at loot (where as killing once a week gives you the initial chance at a drop plus coin) is counter productive.

Again, regardless, crying about not having loot 4 weeks in is pathetic. Should be thankful if you're lucky enough to even have one of the two trinkets or your 4pc already.

Matter of opinion I guess. As an adult with responsibilities causing limited free time, wasting time killing bosses with half the chance at loot (where as killing once a week gives you the initial chance at a drop plus coin) is counter productive.
    That's not the argument though - he wasn't complaining about the amount of time he's had to put into running Gul'dan, only that his luck with the drops has been shit. I can relate, as I've had 12 Gul'dan kills now, coined every one, and my guild has not seen a Draught drop either. Even if I had Draught, I would still have 12 Gul'dan kills already, because we run them as a group - hence the time commitment would be the same regardless of my loot luck.

"Wasting time" is up to the individual; applying your values to his argument is a fallacy. What may be considered a waste of time to many (WoW/video-games in general) may not be considered as such by just as many more.

Again, regardless, crying about not having loot 4 weeks in is pathetic. Should be thankful if you're lucky enough to even have one of the two trinkets or your 4pc already.
    This kind of comment isn't helpful either. I'm in a Mythic progression guild, and four weeks is a long time when you're purposefully distributing loot; The vast majority of my competition/peers have 4p and both trinkets already, while I've been unable to get DoS to drop. Does my having 5/6 items mean I shouldn't care about getting the 6th? Of course not. Again, this is applying personal values to another person's argument - if you only raid an hour a week, yeah, you might be damn lucky to get five of your best pieces of gear; if you raid 16+ hours a week, you might have a different opinion entirely.

Furthermore, you could apply this (poor) argument to legendaries themselves - I have 4 legendaries, only one of which is any good (Pyrdaz); should I simply be grateful for the fact I have 4 legendaries, regardless of their use, or am I "allowed" to complain that I don't have a DPS-oriented legendary yet? I shouldn't need to, but I'm going to point out that the question is rhetorical - it isn't up to you to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho View Post
    I'm not even sure you watched the video at all though, I never once said how much damage the trinket did nor did I show/talk about the iLvl of my trinket. Either you assumed a lot or you watched the wrong video.
    Yup, that was my fuck-up. I confused your guide with one of the other youtube guides on Draught out there. My apologies.

I laughed way too hard at this comment.