7+ Year Old Account

Cities:Skylines feedback please

Hey everyone

While scrolling through my Steam App I noticed Cities: Skylines was on sale for $10 USD atm.
    It made me remember how long it's been since I've played a good sim game.

Anyone here get into this title and/or it's DLC content?

Please share any and all feedback regarding your experiences, as I am generally interested in getting it but want to hear other people's positives/negatives.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

Deleted
    It's a great game, check out the megathread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ities-Skylines

It's one of the better recent city sims. The other last good one that I remember was Simcity 4 and that's almost ancient at this point. Skylines does have some issues/quirks that I do not like. The biggest gripe I have with it are how certain aspects are way too reliant on flow of traffic. Trash and dead people are the biggest offenders here. All of the buildings generate trash and unless an actual garbage truck picks it up, it will accumulate and eventually causes buildings to be abandoned. The problem with this, is that it's possible for the garbage truck to take too long to pick it up. Either because of the actual trip taking too long, or there simply not being enough trucks for your city size. The latter is fine to me, the other one is not. If your city has enough garbage handling capacity and all of your buildings are connected, you shouldn't have any issues. In practice (in-game) it's entirely possible to run into issues and you might have to build insane overcapacity to cope with it, resulting in insane amounts of garbage trucks in your city.
    The need to have an infrastructure to handle dead people is one game mechanic that I feel shouldn't be in the game to begin with. But it's an even shittier mechanic when people start dying in waves and you end up with abandoned buildings all over. And that's all due to each dead person needing to be picked up by a hearse and delivered back to a cemetery and/or crematorium.

Because the game tries to simulate every person and business (and requiring all of them to successfully generate and finish trips), you can end up with some pretty unrealistic scenarios in the end. How often does garbage pile up so bad that whole buildings end up being condemned, solely because the garbage truck was stuck in traffic? Has there ever been a building completely abandoned because the hearse took too long to pick up a body? With the huge emphasis that Skylines puts on traffic it often feels more like a traffic simulator. I prefer my city sim to focus more on overall city design and I don't care if the simulation of traffic and people is superficial.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Cities Skylines. If you like City Sims and Sim City just go ahead and buy it straight away, you're unlikely to regret it!

There's plenty of mods and stuff you can add easily through the workshop which also take care of a lot of the niggles people have with the vanilla game, as well as adding loads of new content and buildings and customisation options.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy it now. honestly, if this genera is your type of game, you should have purchased it years ago.