Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    "All republicans are bad, democrats are the only worthwhile party guys!"

We have this exact same shit in Australia. You're not right, you're not wrong either. It's called Partisan Bias. A candidate can be Republican AND a good candidate. Just as a candidate can be a Democrat and a good candidate.
    Right. The problem at the moment though, is that Republicans had an opportunity to take a stand against someone and something that supposedly horrified them. They didn't. They decided to embrace the monster.

So the focus is now on them, because they have the ability to cut the shit that's been going on. So it's not so much about bad people as it is people who made bad decisions, and now they have to answer for it. That's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Right. The problem at the moment though, is that Republicans had an opportunity to take a stand against someone and something that supposedly horrified them. They didn't. They decided to embrace the monster.

So the focus is now on them, because they have the ability to cut the shit that's been going on. So it's not so much about bad people as it is people who made bad decisions, and now they have to answer for it. That's how it works.
    Theoretically, I can understand why they would back Trump. He had good AND bad publicity, and the sheer amount of memes done about his campaign gave him such a stupidly large amount of saturation among voters that to not choose him would have been political suicide. This is the issue with modern democracies, sadly. You have to increase saturation and basically advertise your candidate more, and nobody cared about any of the other republican nominees except for maybe Cruz.

At the end of the day, both parties quite honestly don't care about the voters. We can all agree with this, it's quite obvious that no party aside from independents go in the run for presidency for their voters. They're in it to get into power and enact laws and run the country how they see fit. It just so happens both parties gave "us" (I'm Australian) tripe to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    "All republicans are bad, democrats are the only worthwhile party guys!"

We have this exact same shit in Australia. You're not right, you're not wrong either. It's called Partisan Bias. A candidate can be Republican AND a good candidate. Just as a candidate can be a Democrat and a good candidate.
    Oh come on, Trump as a politician is the creation of Republicans. Nothing Trump has said or done wasn't at some point a talking point for the Republicans during the last 8 years.

Trump has literally copied the exact same BS he gets from Fox ''News'' on some occasions
    http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...egments-2017-1

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Do not like "good looking " leaders like Rubio

They tend to be too Narcissistic
    Said the fanboy of Trump. I can't even right now.

Rubio may be a voice of reason now, but that ignores the bullshit he has been saying for years and his spinelessness.

I'm still not sure what anybody ever saw in Rubio to put him forth as some kind of leading figure in the GOP. Sure, he's relatively young, good looking, and Latino, which would seem to be positives on paper, but in reality none of these really work in his favor. Like Ted Cruz, Rubio is really just a white guy who happens to have a Spanish name, and his life experiences are hardly something the average Hispanic voter could relate to. And his youth and looks only tend to highlight that he's inexperienced and generally not someone to be taken seriously, something which isn't helped by his goofy demeanor and inability to convey a meaningful message.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Oh come on.....with the exception of Rand Paul do you honestly believe that any republican is so different from Trump?
    Some are. McCain. Graham. They have a spine and some history of bipartisan cooperation. I'm sure there are others. Murkowski and Collins even voted against DeVos, for one.

It's not that people hate the other side, it's that people are afraid of the other side hurting them with their ways.

Severely limiting access to or banning abortion = hurting women

Allowing religious institutions to pay for influence in law making = hurting everyone not religious

Removing safety regulations from business practices = hurting everyone's health in the areas those businesses operate

Removing funds from public schools = hurting children

Banning certain races from entering the US = hurting those races

etc etc etc
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-10 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at first post.

"Yeah, that make sense."

Proceed to read comments.

"I'll be damned. So accurate people don't even realize it in a thread about this very topic."
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Some are. McCain. Graham. They have a spine and some history of bipartisan cooperation. I'm sure there are others. Murkowski and Collins even voted against DeVos, for one.
    McCain and Graham hardly count. They can sit there and talk about how bad his policies are or how much they disagree with him, but they still yes vote everything that Trump or any Republican puts in front of them. Words are meaningless when your actions indicate you don't believe what you're saying.

As soon as a Republican (not counting Murkowski and Collins) actually takes a real stand against the obvious corruption and stupidity in the government right now I'll believe maybe they care about the country. Until that happens it's obvious the only two things that matter are their party and the money they make off it.

Also Rubio talking about being unable to have debates is hilarious. Perhaps the country can't have debates because one side completely ignores science and evidence and instead only talks about alternative facts. What a joke.

I'm not personally a fan of Rubio, I know a panderer when I see one. This is basically an attempt by the "winner" to be conciliatory. It's no different than all the Trump supporters on Facebook who were ignorant fucktards for months, posting fake news several times a day. Once they got to the day after the election, all they wanted to talk about, was uniting and moving forward as a country. They wanted to stop all the anger and hatred in this country, and join as a people, behind the President... because that's what America is all about. Hillary supporters would have done the same thing if they had won.

Yeah, that's horseshit.

Until Rubio makes an actual principled stand, i will continue to see him for the spineless politician that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    McCain and Graham hardly count. They can sit there and talk about how bad his policies are or how much they disagree with him, but they still yes vote everything that Trump or any Republican puts in front of them. Words are meaningless when your actions indicate you don't believe what you're saying.

As soon as a Republican (not counting Murkowski and Collins) actually takes a real stand against the obvious corruption and stupidity in the government right now I'll believe maybe they care about the country. Until that happens it's obvious the only two things that matter are their party and the money they make off it.
    I cannot argue with you there. I'm just pinning my hope on one of them saying enough is enough. Considering they also have to mind their own reelection, perhaps they are just picking their battles, waiting for an issue that cannot be sold as obstruction as readily as cabinet appointments.

Those 2 aren't extreme when it comes to senate rules and tradition, a bit more old fashion but they where more than willing to do nothing the last 8 years.

Also

Can you name a single conflict that these two weren't against? so again standard republican.

Murkowski and Collins not voting on a single unqualified nominee that couldn't answer basic questions for the job doesn't make them that different. If these two voted against rest of Trumps cabinet then we could have a dicussion.

The idea that not being batshit crazy but sometimes crazy isn't a good thing you know.

I cannot argue with you there. I'm just pinning my hope on one of them saying enough is enough. Considering they also have to mind their own reelection, perhaps they are just picking their battles, waiting for an issue that cannot be sold as obstruction as readily as cabinet appointments.
    I do think maybe McCain will eventually man up and do something. He's getting old and isn't up for reelection anyway, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just retires after his current term, so perhaps he's just waiting for something he knows he can get other Republicans to back him on. I'm certainly not expecting it, but it seems like out of all the Republicans McCain is most likely to actually stand up for the country.

Great little speech little Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I do think maybe McCain will eventually man up and do something. He's getting old and isn't up for reelection anyway, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just retires after his current term, so perhaps he's just waiting for something he knows he can get other Republicans to back him on. I'm certainly not expecting it, but it seems like out of all the Republicans McCain is most likely to actually stand up for the country.
    I was thinking along those lines as well. He's too old to run for president again, but he did run once, so he certainly has ambition. If he leads a successful resistance to a President, that's one way to make his mark - but then he cannot afford to be ground down in petty skirmishes.

Graham, on the other hand, probably has another run for the White House on his mind - that also means not expending political capital.

Just a reminder. Obamacare passed without a single republican vote. Republicans had no voice in it's creation. Same shit show even on the state level where this came from. Romney tried to amend parts of it in massachusetts and the legislature overrode him not once but eight times. Democrats don't operate on a two way street. It's they get what they want or fuck you. Republicans tried that tactic in the past 6 years of Obama. I honestly think polarization is here to stay despite what rubio or anyone says. We'll have fistfights in congress like in turkey or ukraine eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Just a reminder. Obamacare passed without a single republican vote. Republicans had no voice in it's creation. Same shit show even on the state level where this came from. Romney tried to amend parts of it in massachusetts and the legislature overrode him not once but eight times. Democrats don't operate on a two way street. It's they get what they want or fuck you. Republicans tried that tactic in the past 6 years of Obama. I honestly think polarization is here to stay despite what rubio or anyone says. We'll have fistfights in congress like in turkey or ukraine eventually.
    What would Trump say?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    What would Trump say?

As clinton would say "Fact checkers, please." You obviously know very little about that bill and it's history. You're welcome to provide evidence of your claim that I'm wrong. You won't find it and that's why you chose to shitpost as a response with a meme.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-02-10 at 01:33 PM.