Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Russian lawyer tries to ban Dota 2 away from Russia

http://dota2.esportsmatrix.com/en-US...Detail?id=3023

Made my day. It's like a dream coming true

A Russian lawyer named Anton Tikhonov recently sent a letter to the developer of Dota 2, claming that developers should ban players under 18 years old from playing the game.

Tikhonov said "When you register to this game, the official will not require players to provide their ages and this go up against the law in Russia, in which protecting children from messages taht might be able to affect their grows in the society. Also this game paint a fake beautiful picture for alcohol and there are even heroes in game that can drink alcohol and become stronger. Moreover most female characters in this game have a exposed outlook which also bad for children as well."

Tikhonov also mentioned he already wrote to Valve in America and requested them to follow Russian law if they want to continue let Dota 2 run in Russia, but Valve did not give him any reply. He is now gathering information for this game and handed over to Russian government officials and hope Dota 2 will be ban from Russia.

Also http://www.pravdareport.com/business...dota_russia-0/

"The game creates a positive image of alcohol. Some characters in the game drink alcohol and become stronger. There are characters who commit acts of cannibalism, they eat corpses. In addition, players can buy characters. Sexual allusion is also present as all female characters wear skimpy outfits in the game. There is foul language also. To crown it all, one character, the Queen of Pain, if I am not mistaken, promotes sadism and masochism," Tikhonov told NGS.NOVOSTI publication. - See more at: http://www.pravdareport.com/business....X4UBfaWX.dpuf
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-02-10 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    And why is it a dream come true? Is it a bad game? Do you not like it? Should it actually be banned? or is it a case of "I don't like it so no one else can play it".
    Made my day because little noob russians who cant say a single english word on EU server are bigest cancer ever.

Deleted
    Most of them play on EUW server and refuse to talk english and have a pretty high chance to start flaming or leaving the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Made my day because little noob russians who cant say a single english word on EU server are bigest cancer ever.
    Please dont compare cancer to silly children on video games, please and ty.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Please dont compare cancer to silly children on video games, please and ty.

You must be new on the Internet.

rather ironic from a country that has a stereotype of drinking neat vodka.

edit: yup i google Russian stereotypes the FIRST one is Russians Love Their Vodka.

Do people think this is going to actually get anywhere? Think of all the times people have proposed laws to try deal with violent video games, they almost never gain any real traction with policy makers.

The absolute worst that is going to come of this is Valve supplies Russians with a client similar to the Chineese one, with a couple of graphical changes and the occasional ability renaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonomix View Post
    Most of them play on EUW server and refuse to talk english and have a pretty high chance to start flaming or leaving the game.
    I actually thought that all people who like MOBA games are of this kind. Maybe i'm mistaken, but most of my hate towards MOBA games is cuz whenever i see someone playing it - he's usually the lowest educated marginal dude, rude, most often all-time broke, using swearwords instead of punctuation.
    The same goes to GTA lovers.

Too bad you can't easily just ban players from using the internet resource, especially when their parents just refuse to educate them properly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    rather ironic from a country that has a stereotype of drinking neat vodka.

edit: yup i google Russian stereotypes the FIRST one is Russians Love Their Vodka.
    Ehhm, what's wrong with alchohol, mate?

Seems like the russian lawyer is tring to get hype
    no one will ban the most played game is Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it the same guy who wanted to ban GTA? Nope, he isn't.

Also, a header of article about this says "he wrote a letter to developers of games DotA and Dota2"... so... DotA isn't the game itself, it's a map for warcraft 3, wonder if he knew that and if he wrote a letter to blizzard. Or to ice frog himself? This is just hilarious.
    I really curious to see an outcome of this, random lawyer says that he will make government ban this game and will use a "report from a psychiatrist" as basis for that. L O L.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-03-02 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    "The game creates a positive image of alcohol. Some characters in the game drink alcohol and become stronger."
    This guy can't possibly be russian if he has a problem with this.

I call capitalist spy on this dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    This guy can't possibly be russian if he has a problem with this.

I call capitalist spy on this dude.
    Send this capitalist pig lawyer to siberia for 35 years.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Send this capitalist pig lawyer to siberia for 35 years.
    better yet send to low prio gulag so he will never play with oppa dondo

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh Lord, bless and help this Russian lawyer. I don't play in European servers but my friends there keep on telling me how cancer these Russian players are in ruining every match. If banning the game in Russia will stop these noob players, then I pray this happens and the community improves!
    - says Ralph

Deleted
    More power to him! :P

Hmm... sounds "intriguing", but there is one thing I'm curious: is GTA V available in Russia? If yes then why don't he focus on banning GTA V instead?

God I hope he succeeds and saves our sanity. He should take a look at CS as well.

Now after that send this lawyer to whichever particular country is using Ragnaros.....and letting those players ruins pugs.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

"Women with parts exposed" argument in Russia? Go home Russian, you are drunk. Never understood the hate for Russians. Central/Western Europeans are way more toxic.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-09-30 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio94 View Post
    Hmm... sounds "intriguing", but there is one thing I'm curious: is GTA V available in Russia? If yes then why don't he focus on banning GTA V instead?
    My guess is because it has a rating? It seems he is more upset that under 18 yr olds can just hop onto this and sign up and play, then are exposed to all types of "adult" behavior.