Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Does the general public support Policy A?

If yes, then Policy A is clearly a really good policy.

If no, then Policy A is clearly a really bad policy.
    You obviously don't understand how Trump functions. Let's look at Iraq war. When approval of Bush was at 90% he told Howard Stern that he supported it. Fast forward to now, with the war no longer netting such reaction... well... fuck you! Fake news! He never supported the war! MSM sheep!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I actually kind of want the Republicans to get it all. Once they have no ono play and enough time goes by where yelling Obama doesn't work anymore all they will have is the man in the mirror.

But the thing is.. if it ends up going well then I still win? You see.. I get enjoyment if they fall flat on there fail and fail because my side wins and eventually takes over. If they end up turning American into the New Order and it makes it "Great Again" I also win. You see.. it cannot go wrong for me. Because I don't waste time on stupid social issues that seem to dominate the landscape. I just care about my bread and land. Not if some lady can get a baby cut out of her or not. Or if people believe Jesus will keep the ice caps frozen because I will be dead before it matters.

Trump negative polls?
    Polls are bullshit!!!!!!!!!!! They are fake news and alternative facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump positive polls?
    See America loves Trump and his policies.

Conservative Hypocrisy™
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    They did pass his cabinet both times on a bi-partisan basis didn't they? They voted for TPP fast tracking and were prepared to vote for TPP far more then Democrats before Trump came along and nuked it, they also voted to allow Obama to negotiate on Iran. A lot of them in the Senate refused to vote on nuking the Iran deal, which they could have and humiliated Obama by forcing him to veto that bill.

That's just some things off the top of my head.
    How is Republicans fast tracking something they wanted more... a compromise?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean on the issues that this guy brought up, the ones where Obama apparently did not compromise.
    Obama refused to compromise in 2013 when the Republicans shut down the government, reasoning correctly and the Republicans would bend over in the end...and they did.

Don't get me wrong I despise the Republicans who shut down the government, but I am stating that Obama was at fault there as well.

Also Obama refused to compromise on Obamacare, even with his own party. I'm not talking about the actual content of the law, but passing the law in the first place: Republicans and a substantial number of Democrats in the Senate did NOT want to do healthcare reform at that time, yet Obama insisted.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-02-10 at 01:40 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama refused to compromise in 2013 when the Republicans shut down the government, reasoning correctly and the Republicans would bend over in the end...and they did.
    I'm sorry... they shut down the government because they couldn't get what they wanted? Then had to bend over in the end... why? They were holding America for ransom or something? Hell of a way to "compromise"... Could it have been that shutting down the government accumulated enouph negativity, that the reality of it did was overwhelming the rhetoric? You know, maybe GOP should have wheeled out more veterans in front of monuments, so more people ignored US's credit rating dropping as a result.

Don't get me wrong I despise the Republicans who shut down the government, but I am stating that.
    They shut down the government. Your example of compromise is a little too close to holding something for ransom.

Also Obama refused to compromise on Obamacare, even with his own party. I'm not talking about the actual content of the law, but passing the law in the first place: Republicans and a substantial number of Democrats in the Senate did NOT want to do healthcare reform at that time, yet Obama insisted.
    What people asserting this are ignoring, is that it did pass a bipartisan committee before hitting congress. It went through months of negotiations, despite being remarkably close to a plan that was used as a counter to Hillarycare, as well as being the most widely supported healthcare plan by GOP. The fact that this was a very much supported plan by GOP the last time, enouph to stop Hillarycare, instead of the liberal single payer or Medicare for all or even Hillarycare it originally countered, was already a compromise. The fact that even after it passed, states had the power and several expressed the power to turn down funding, doesn't make it sound as if there was no compromise.

By the way... QQ... why hasn't ACA's cross state insurance come into effect yet?
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-02-10 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Were Republicans willing to compromise with him, though? Because if they were not, you can't really call him an arrogant idiot.
    The president in the USA represents Executive, and not Legislative branch of the government. That means, unto him is to execute, what Legislative branch wants, and not for Legislative branch to make laws based on his whims. The executive branch enforces the law as written by the legislature and interpreted by the judiciary. The tools the president has at his disposal such as decrees and executive orders exist only to enforce the law, not change it, or make it.

That is one of the key reasons why Trump's "Law and Order" resonates with people. He does not want to make new law, he want to enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    In other words, they vote for identity and not persons or issues.
    Identity is essentially issues with the two major parties. I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that it isn't.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

It's good to see that Americans are willing to separate out Trump's character from his policies. What he actually does, not what he's tweeting.

This so called resistance doesn't know how badly it's going to end for them in the 2018 Senate and House Elections. No poll yet on the law and order executive orders he just signed but still.

On top of that.

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=000001...a-bf78cc9d0001

58% of all voters want Democrats to find ways to work with Trump. Only 30% want complete obstructionism This includes cabinet appointments. This obstructionism on cabinet votes is going to bite all the Democrats in the ass: They won't stop ANYONE from being confirmed and it will blow up in their faces.
    I thought all polls were fake?
    At least thats what your president and his drones say. This must also clearly be fake, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Already had a thread on this; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ecutive-Orders

Locked.