Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    At times it's hard to tell, because Brexiteer and Trumpling rhetoric has seemed near identical from listening to both.
    It is quite ironic that people who rail nonstop about globalism seem to have a very tightly coordinated political agenda spanning several countries. Or at least it would be if it weren't so obvious that Russia were pulling all their strings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    It is quite ironic that people who rail nonstop about globalism seem to have a very tightly coordinated political agenda spanning several countries. Or at least it would be if it weren't so obvious that Russia were pulling all their strings.
    Never understimate the power of the global organization of anti-globalism!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You acteally think trump is liked in the UK?
    You actually think this pantomime in parliament is what normal people think?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Who exactly are the normal people again and how do you know what they think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, seeing some footage from their parliamentary brawls, I'd say Trump would fit right in.

Seriously though, of course it is not surprising. Just Theresa May's visit to the US demonstrated how much the UK establishment currently differs in quality from the US one.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Good job at dodging the question, we already know the scots hate him, so do the rest of the brits just love him that much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The terrorist scum bag shouldnt even be allowed in the country, period.

And he can take his shitty golf course with him.
    Here is a plan: take him in, along with the golf course, then build a wall around him and make the US pay for it with the golf course. We'll gladly pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    A Tory witch hunts says Bercow's days as speaker are numbered (and he's a Tory).
    It wouldn't be the first time he has shaken off challenges to his role as Speaker. He got over all that stuff with his wife when she went on reality television.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What are the destails of this deal?
    You're asking Trump for details?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

A Tory witch hunts says Bercow's days as speaker are numbered (and he's a Tory).
    Yep this.

What a disgraceful decision, I expect May will be working behind the scenes to get this idiot removed.

it's better that way, allowing him to address the parliament would be more trouble than its worth

it's not like he has anything to say and there will be lots of protests which will require a considerable police force to keep in check, also most EU parliaments do not look like what he's used to, there will be voices of ideologies Trump probably doesn't know they exist while he'll be mostly be taking fire from everywhere: neo-liberals, social-liberals, social-democrats, greens, the left, traditional conservatives, they'll tear him apart

No one wants to listen to the Donald talk about himself for hours, except hard core Trump groupies

He suffers much hate from his own party and they would like him banished to the back benches. He recently gave a talk to Reading Uni were he told the assembled students that he voted Remain. His party now believe his impartiality has been sullied and they bay for his blood. The current state of British politics says bercows days are numbered.
    If you watch a clip of the Reading talk he clearly states that it's his opinion, which he is entitled to hold and express. If he had said its his opinion as Speaker, then yeah. It's just another attempt to pile onto him to try and get him out. I think he has done enough good, specifically amongst female MPs that he'll keep his job. I don't think May will get the whips involved, it'll all blow over in a couple of weeks.

Did Bercow speak out of turn? Yes, I believe he did, but the whole Trump state visit is a fucking nonsense. It reeks of desperation on part of the brexit Tory government, they can pimp out the Queen, but Bercow is trying to save the House of Commons from the same fate and I applaud him for it.
    It has nothing to do with brexit or Trump, the problem is that idiot Bercow made it about Trump. They were happy to allow Obama to address Parliament, why not Trump? Each POTUS should be afforded the same courtesy regardless of whoever is in the position. It's a slap in the face to the US.

It is very unusual, maybe "unpresidented", for a head of state to be given a state visit within a week or two of taking office. Normally 2-3years will pass before such an invitation is given, and even then state visits are few and far between. For trump to be granted such an offer reeks of desperation on the part of Mr May and her brexit muppets, and it's an offer that the House of Windsor are much displeased over.
    What is unprecedented is things like Obama getting the Nobel Peace prize before he actually did anything. Trump is the president of the US, whether he addresses Parliament in his first week or his 4th year shouldn't really matter. Like I said, this is more about Bercow grandstanding than it is about protocol.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really surprise people that the UK version of Liberals are as much of Children as Americas?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    What is unprecedented is things like Obama getting the Nobel Peace prize before he actually did anything. Trump is the president of the US, whether he addresses Parliament in his first week or his 4th year shouldn't really matter. Like I said, this is more about Bercow grandstanding than it is about protocol.
    3 US Presidents have spoken before Parliament. Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama, it's not something we just dole out to any Tom, Dick and Harry US Presidents included. Barrack Obama was an historic President, the first Black President and incredibly popular in the UK and Europe so we gave him the State Visit. This Trump clown? Not a fucking chance which isn't an opinion limited to Mr Bercow.

Mrs May never had the right to make the offer, nor should she have done so in the first place. The whole situation is an embarrassment and smacks heavily of desperation on May's behalf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Does it really surprise people that the UK version of Liberals are as much of Children as Americas?
    So what you're saying is that children are refusing to let the biggest manchild of the century speak?

You're taking this "takes one to know one" thing a bit far.

And calling the left "children" is hilarious considering all of the threatened revolts and civil wars if Trump didn't win. Threatening to start war because you don't get your way is textbook childishness.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

You maybe correct, only time will tell, but personally I think he will be forced out. The Tories haven't been so fond of Bercow for sometime and they look to be gunning for his removal now more than ever.
    He didn't do much to help himself with the Clerk changes. The traditionalists who would stand up for the impartiality of the Speaker are exactly the people pissed off by that move. Although I guess speaking on behalf of the House as opposed to under instruction from the House would have burned that bridge anyway. Either way, he's probably gone.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Disgrace? Bercow is right. Trump isn't fit to speak before Parliament. Dude is a reality TV "star", not someone fit to lead an entire nation.
    So, Trump isn't fit to address Parliament, but somehow he is fit to be POTUS? Can anyone not see the anomaly here? He won the election, like or loathe him he represents the people of the US. Bercow is slapping your democracy in the face and you lot are cheering him on.